Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cole World

Ron Parker on Atlanta defense

83 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Mike Smith had a top 5 scoring defense in 2012 with average to below average talent, people forget that.

It, of course, got torn apart by SF's rushing attack but that was the #1 rushing offense that year.

and WITHOUT Abraham too. Should have never played him in week 17 when we already clinched home field advantage.

16 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

The zone isn't the issue. The soft players playing zone are. Sorry you're butthurt, but it's true. Saw the Colts run plenty of the same zones we did on defense and they shut down the Chiefs. Not my fault you can't recognize basic cover 3 and cover 2 as staples in the league

Scheme can't be 100% of the problem, lots of teams run zone, it's that the players are stupid, lazy, or both. Don't MOST defenses run zone schemes at some points throughout a game? You don't see the opposing players talking about the holes and wide open opportunities for those defenses all over the media. Maybe DQ could adjust better, but some of it is definitely his crap coaching and tentative players. At this point if I was AB I would make the players wear tutus the rest of the season.

16 hours ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

Yep. I believe you’re right. We’re delaying the inevitable right now on DQ but I don’t see what is gained by cutting him loose mid season. 

I don't know. I think those who have PSL's and season tickets would probably like to see Blank do something, if it's only getting Quinn off the sideline and putting somebody else in charge till the end of the season.

16 hours ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

I’d love to know why we’re running a hybrid 3-4/4-3. Not even Nolan’s ‘amoeba’ defense was this bad... I can’t believe I just said that 

People forget Nolan's amoeba defense was amazing before it was bad. 

16 hours ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

I’d love to know why we’re running a hybrid 3-4/4-3. Not even Nolan’s ‘amoeba’ defense was this bad... I can’t believe I just said that 

Hey ,it confused the heck outta Peyton Manning that one time!

14 hours ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Soft zone scheme just ended Baker Mayfield's night at 8-22, 100 yards through the air, and a whopping 3 points.

As bad as we are at zone when we play man that's when we get burned for the 60-yard touchdowns. Players will make any scheme look bad or good, scheme on defense is very overrated.

4 minutes ago, rogueleadersf said:

Hey ,it confused the heck outta Peyton Manning that one time!

It also led to the Falcons best defensive season since 1998. 

rogueleadersf likes this

First thing Quinn needs to tell the defense - STOP putting so much effort into stripping the ball and TACKLE! 

I swear the players on our defense spend sooooo much time trying to strip the ball out they end up whiffing on a majority of what should be easy tackles. That has little to do with just the scheme, but couple those two together and it’s 50 burger time easily.