Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cole World

Ron Parker on Atlanta defense

83 posts in this topic

Word around the camp fire is that some at the nest believe it is scheme...and I heard on 92.9 today that they are indeed talking about possibly changing up..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

It isn’t just scheme. The players aren’t executing the fundamentals of the game or the scheme.

Same thing we have heard for last two years. MM was scape goat last year. The guy who is running the scheme and selected the players need to go. This team has quit and scheme isn’t gonna change that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

But I thought “soft zone” was just a buzz word used by people who don’t understand football???

@Francis York Morgan can you please confirm?

The zone isn't the issue. The soft players playing zone are. Sorry you're butthurt, but it's true. Saw the Colts run plenty of the same zones we did on defense and they shut down the Chiefs. Not my fault you can't recognize basic cover 3 and cover 2 as staples in the league

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Same thing we have heard for last two years. MM was scape goat last year. The guy who is running the scheme and selected the players need to go. This team has quit and scheme isn’t gonna change that.

I agree. It’s time to move on, But that doesn’t change the fact that the players aren’t doing what they’re supposed to do. Because they’re not. And the mistakes aren’t subtle, they’re glaring. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

I agree. It’s time to move on, But that doesn’t change the fact that the players aren’t doing what they’re supposed to do. Because they’re not. And the mistakes aren’t subtle, they’re glaring. 

That starts with poor coaching and locker room with no accountability. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

But I thought “soft zone” was just a buzz word used by people who don’t understand football???

@Francis York Morgan can you please confirm?

Hahaha right... I’ve heard that before myself. Who knew third and 4 with corners 12 yards deep wouldn’t work? Must be hard 

PokerSteve likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

The zone isn't the issue. The soft players playing zone are. Sorry you're butthurt, but it's true. Saw the Colts run plenty of the same zones we did on defense and they shut down the Chiefs. Not my fault you can't recognize basic cover 3 and cover 2 as staples in the league

Ah OK so Ron Parker, a former defensive back in the NFL knows less about football than you. Gotcha 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

I agree. It’s time to move on, But that doesn’t change the fact that the players aren’t doing what they’re supposed to do. Because they’re not. And the mistakes aren’t subtle, they’re glaring. 

And when the mistakes are constant and glaring ultimately who is the one responsible.

When the players have no heart and effort dedication is lacking, ultimately who is responsible?  The guy with final say over the roster?

Whether it’s scheme or players you end up with the same result.  Quinn is getting fired and the scheme is going to change.

And some of the players too.

PokerSteve likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

That starts with poor coaching and locker room with no accountability. 

I don’t disagree with that either but guys have to be personally accountable and accountable to their teammates and not just their coach. These boys have straight up quit (and DQ has to take the punishment, no doubt) caring or are just bad. I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a secondary more in disarray than ours is. 

I really think it was DQs last mistake to not name a DC even if he was going to call the plays. 

PokerSteve and falcons007 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sun Tzu 7 said:

And when the mistakes are constant and glaring ultimately who is the one responsible.

When the players have no heart and effort dedication is lacking, ultimately who is responsible?  The guy with final say over the roster?

Whether it’s scheme or players you end up with the same result.  Quinn is getting fired and the scheme is going to change.

And some of the players too.

See the post right below yours. It’s definitely time for DQ to go. Coaches can sometimes fix scheme issues and technique issues but we have a culture issue (especially on defense) and there’s no pulling that out of the ditch. 

Sun Tzu 7 and PokerSteve like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

Ah OK so Ron Parker, a former defensive back in the NFL knows less about football than you. Gotcha 

He may know more about football but that doesn’t mean “it’s the scheme” isn’t an oversimplification of the issues. It’s not hard to see the defense isn’t making plays even when there’s plays to be made. 

For crying out loud, we’ve been working on tackling efficiently for 5 **** years. 

cblack, papachaz and PokerSteve like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm tired of watching us play zone because it's played so poorly.. we need to play man the guys we have can't get it done unfortunately

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

See the post right below yours. It’s definitely time for DQ to go. Coaches can sometimes fix scheme issues and technique issues but we have a culture issue (especially on defense) and there’s no pulling that out of the ditch. 

If this was a situation where the HC wasn’t also the DC they would have fired the DC after the last 2 games.

PokerSteve and mtldirtybird like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

I don’t disagree with that either but guys have to be personally accountable and accountable to their teammates and not just their coach. These boys have straight up quit (and DQ has to take the punishment, no doubt) caring or are just bad. I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a secondary more in disarray than ours is. 

I really think it was DQs last mistake to not name a DC even if he was going to call the plays. 

I agree. Any DC in the. fL would have been fired after the first five weeks and the game yesterday.

roguebeaver and PokerSteve like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sun Tzu 7 said:

If this was a situation where the HC wasn’t also the DC they would have fired the DC after the last 2 games.

Yep. I believe you’re right. We’re delaying the inevitable right now on DQ but I don’t see what is gained by cutting him loose mid season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

He may know more about football but that doesn’t mean “it’s the scheme” isn’t an oversimplification of the issues. It’s not hard to see the defense isn’t making plays even when there’s plays to be made. 

For crying out loud, we’ve been working on tackling efficiently for 5 **** years. 

Baltimore has an elite D every year despite having cycled through many iterations of stars. The scheme is more important than the players. Good coaches are able to produce results without requiring a HoFer at every position.

Yes, the Falcons have a talent and personnel issue, but this is more difficult to fix than Quinn’s inept defensive philosophy. Creating a defence that is “simple” (Dan Quinn has stated this many times) is an easy way for QBs to feel comfortable with what they see. 

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Word around the camp fire is that some at the nest believe it is scheme...and I heard on 92.9 today that they are indeed talking about possibly changing up..

Lol...So now they want to get exotic? How erotic!

 

RING OF HONOR likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Falcanuck said:

Baltimore has an elite D every year despite having cycled through many iterations of stars. The scheme is more important than the players. Good coaches are able to produce results without requiring a HoFer at every position.

Yes, the Falcons have a talent and personnel issue, but this is more difficult to fix than Quinn’s inept defensive philosophy. Creating a defence that is “simple” (Dan Quinn has stated this many times) is an easy way for QBs to feel comfortable with what they see. 

We’re just going to have to disagree at scheme is more important than players. It doesn’t matter what the scheme is or how simple it is if the guys on the field aren’t putting in the work. 

Our scheme is “simple” in that we’re not supposed to let anybody behind the secondary and we should rally to the ball and tackle well. There’s plenty of teams that run versions of cover 2/3 in the league that are also simple. Now, are there problems with scheme and philosophy? Yeah there are. But those issues are compounded when we have 1 or 2 players playing NFL caliber football on defense any given Sunday. 

Stevo and JDaveG like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I agree. Any DC in the. fL would have been fired after the first five weeks and the game yesterday.

Yes. Plus it’s just too much to handle to try to be the HC plus have total control of the defense. Good leaders can delegate their vision to subordinates and get desired results. 

 

DQ, just like his players, hasn’t trusted his training. 

falcons007 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0