DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins

It's really not Quinn's fault

38 posts in this topic

I've been saying it ain't all Quinn's fault.

The D Line whiffs on just about every qb sack

How the secondary is awful and untalented 

How Freeman cant see a hole and hit it.

How O Line is average at best this year 

How wrs are dropping passes 

Ryan's questionable decision making to this point. 

Quinn deserve blame but it is definitely not all his fault. Every player has got to be held responsible 

Tim Mazetti likes this

On 10/7/2019 at 8:08 PM, ChickenBiscuit said:

Deshaun Watson breaking down our defense:

Wow he's right though. If I was AB I want a body camera on Quinn during preparation for the game and before the game and at halftime just to hear what's going on. If it's the players that have quit, don't care who they are they need to be canned. If it's lack of leadership from Quinn and staff they need to be canned. If it's both we need to change the team name and start over. Lol

On 10/7/2019 at 7:08 PM, DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins said:

I can't believe I just posted that title! Of course it's Quinn's fault! OK, but hear me out....

Quinn used to know how to coach defense. Did he forget? I doubt it.

So what has happened is Quinn has "lost the lockerroom." What does that even mean?

I think it means that many players have realized they don't really have to listen to Quinn, because (a) they're getting paid, and (b) Quinn is not going to hold them accountable.

And here's the clincher -- since they've realized that, they are slacking off.

That's not really Quinn's fault ... the players are getting paid millions and slacking off. But it also is Quinn's fault, because the head coach is supposed to be effective at dealing with this problem.

So maybe it's time for Quinn to increase his skill set. Bench some players ... even top ones ... for not "doing their job" or not bringing their best energy. Even if it is a huge downgrade.

Let the players know it is a priviledge to get playing time ... it's even easier to do now that the season is lost.

He11, even hold an anonymous poll to let the players designate the top 4 players who are not doing their job, and then share the results with the whole lockerroom, and then sit those sorry azzes on the bench.

I think they're mad he fired Manuel. Possibly Sark and or Armstrong also.

41 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I think they're mad he fired Manuel. Possibly Sark and or Armstrong also.

Maybe, but I just don’t see why that would make them that mad.

But maybe it was something else that they thought was hypocritical. Maybe extending Beasley, lol

Flying Falcon likes this

We your GM invest 70% of the teams Salary on offense, you would expect the defense to play like trash no matter who's coaching.

On 10/7/2019 at 7:08 PM, DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins said:

I can't believe I just posted that title! Of course it's Quinn's fault! OK, but hear me out....

Quinn used to know how to coach defense. Did he forget? I doubt it.

So what has happened is Quinn has "lost the lockerroom." What does that even mean?

I think it means that many players have realized they don't really have to listen to Quinn, because (a) they're getting paid, and (b) Quinn is not going to hold them accountable.

And here's the clincher -- since they've realized that, they are slacking off.

That's not really Quinn's fault ... the players are getting paid millions and slacking off. But it also is Quinn's fault, because the head coach is supposed to be effective at dealing with this problem.

So maybe it's time for Quinn to increase his skill set. Bench some players ... even top ones ... for not "doing their job" or not bringing their best energy. Even if it is a huge downgrade.

Let the players know it is a priviledge to get playing time ... it's even easier to do now that the season is lost.

He11, even hold an anonymous poll to let the players designate the top 4 players who are not doing their job, and then share the results with the whole lockerroom, and then sit those sorry azzes on the bench.

I can agree that certain players (Beasley, Trufant, Freeman, Matthews, ?) may be taking advantage of big contracts and Quinn's loose discipline but see many others who are not (Jarrett, Ryan, DJones, Julio, ?). 

I also see many younger players and pending FA's like Hooper, Sanu, Ito, McGary, ? who are certainly not showing the slack.

The problem for Quinn with benching many of them is that he has minimal options to replace the bad players with except young, inexperienced players who he fears may play even worse - he started many of them in preseason only to see losses then.

So, Quinn is still playing to win to keep his job and will stick to the bad players hoping they will maybe play like they once did.  This is why we need an interim coach who is willing to play the young players knowing whether the team wins or loses is irrelevant to his job or not.

Posted (edited)

They don't respect him because his schtick and all his stupid catchphrases got old. Now he's just a schmuck with no substance to them. 

Maybe somebody should go all "Cousin Eddie" and kidnap Matt Ryan and inject him with truth serum so we can find what he really thinks about Quinn.:D;)

Edited by Zzzzz

5 hours ago, DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins said:

Maybe, but I just don’t see why that would make them that mad.

But maybe it was something else that they thought was hypocritical. Maybe extending Beasley, lol

Something like that. 

On 10/7/2019 at 8:42 PM, B_Lo_Touchdowns said:

HE WAS NEVER A GOOD COACH 

NEVER!!!!! I dont know where these guys get that he was good to begin with. Why? Because he inherited Bradley's defense? Cause he worked under Carroll? The guy sucks mule's balls.

On 10/7/2019 at 7:10 PM, DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins said:

Which reminds me ... Smitty flat out released Ray Edwards right in the middle of a season. So discipline can happen even for multi-million dollar players.

That used to be a Dan Reeves tactic too, nearly every year. Find a guy (usually a useless guy) and cut him after a loss. Kind of a scare tactic to get guys attention. Not sure it would work on todays youth.

3 minutes ago, runshoot said:

That used to be a Dan Reeves tactic too, nearly every year. Find a guy (usually a useless guy) and cut him after a loss. Kind of a scare tactic to get guys attention. Not sure it would work on todays youth.

It works!!!