DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins

It's really not Quinn's fault

38 posts in this topic

I can't believe I just posted that title! Of course it's Quinn's fault! OK, but hear me out....

Quinn used to know how to coach defense. Did he forget? I doubt it.

So what has happened is Quinn has "lost the lockerroom." What does that even mean?

I think it means that many players have realized they don't really have to listen to Quinn, because (a) they're getting paid, and (b) Quinn is not going to hold them accountable.

And here's the clincher -- since they've realized that, they are slacking off.

That's not really Quinn's fault ... the players are getting paid millions and slacking off. But it also is Quinn's fault, because the head coach is supposed to be effective at dealing with this problem.

So maybe it's time for Quinn to increase his skill set. Bench some players ... even top ones ... for not "doing their job" or not bringing their best energy. Even if it is a huge downgrade.

Let the players know it is a priviledge to get playing time ... it's even easier to do now that the season is lost.

He11, even hold an anonymous poll to let the players designate the top 4 players who are not doing their job, and then share the results with the whole lockerroom, and then sit those sorry azzes on the bench.

JDaveG, HASHBROWN3 and Stevo like this

6 minutes ago, DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins said:

I can't believe I just posted that title! Of course it's Quinn's fault! OK, but hear me out....

Quinn used to know how to coach defense. Did he forget? I doubt it.

So what has happened is Quinn has "lost the lockerroom." What does that even mean?

I think it means that many players have realized they don't really have to listen to Quinn, because (a) they're getting paid, and (b) Quinn is not going to hold them accountable.

And here's the clincher -- since they've realized that, they are slacking off.

That's not really Quinn's fault ... the players are getting paid millions and slacking off. But it also is Quinn's fault, because the head coach is supposed to be effective at dealing with this problem.

So maybe it's time for Quinn to increase his skill set. Bench some players ... even top ones ... for not "doing their job" or not bringing their best energy. Even if it is a huge downgrade.

Let the players know it is a priviledge to get playing time ... it's even easier to do now that the season is lost.

He11, even hold an anonymous poll to let the players designate the top 4 players who are not doing their job, and then share the results with the whole lockerroom, and then sit those sorry azzes on the bench.

You almost had me until this line...You do that and the players will frag each other. That not a good thing. See Vietnam...and that's definitely not #Brotherhood

If they dont respect you as coach. One cannot force them. It has to come from within or you as a coach have to lead the way with examples and set tougher standards with dicipline and consistency so people take you seriously.

That has been an issue with Dan Quinn.

Hes not a leader NEVER was.

He was byproduct of a system with highly gifted players who had their own accountability.

Quinn HAS to take onus end of the day and gracefully call it quits.

If he really wants people and players in league to respect him he should move on.

With such talent we have ...its totally unacceptable to display such performance week after week in NFL.

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

You almost had me until this line...You do that and the players will frag each other. That not a good thing. See Vietnam. 

Yeah, probably true. But he11, right now they're sleepwalking and should be ashamed. So what is there to lose?

If they don't like it, then let them wake the he11 up.

Tim Mazetti likes this

19 minutes ago, DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins said:

Yeah, probably true. But he11, right now they're sleepwalking and should be ashamed. So what is there to lose?

If they don't like it, then let them wake the he11 up.

Yes, that is happening, but do what you suggest and we'll have a mutiny on our hands, the team will be in disarray, the HC will get fired...Hey, not a bad idea. :lol:

11 hours ago, The Daywalker said:

In the end it doesn’t matter who’s fault it really is. It just needs to be corrected no matter what the real problem may be. Something has to change.

Yes, because I want to be legit contenders again, not this BS that we are watching lately. And if the team regresses this much in year 5 of a regime you do not have to be a rocket scientist to know who's fault it is...amirite? 

PokerSteve likes this

It would true if the guys who got paid aren’t doing their jobs. The guys who got paid are the only ones doing anything on defense. This team flat out quit DQ and opposing teams are saying this is too easy.

11 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

When you’re the leader, it’s up to you to keep your group focused and playing up to its potential. 

Therefore, when a coach loses his group, it’s time to go. That’s not even saying DQ can’t coach. It’s just saying his time here has come to an end. 

Yep. It's over. Loser mentality and culture is back to our favorite same ol birds. Need new faces or nothing is gonna change.

He'll do fine where he goes next, but it's over. Blow it up. 

PokerSteve and GreggT like this

3 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Yep. It's over. Loser mentality and culture is back to our favorite same ol birds. Need new faces or nothing is gonna change.

He'll do fine where he goes next, but it's over. Blow it up. 

Yep. It’s sad for me too because I really like DQ and think he’s a good football coach. There’s just no coming back from where we are aside from a deep playoff run which I don’t see happening barring a miracle. If the games had all been one score losses to good teams, there could be reason for hope.

As far as accountability goes, didn't Ricardo Allen say something to that effect in a post-game interview?

I really don't get it....the last couple of years it seemed like the defense got better when DQ took over play calling as would usually happen...and the D actually looked a lot better.

But for whatever reason the calls on D are now a straight 4 man rush with everyone else playing loose zone or loose man-to-man.  So bland...

It’s definitely Quinn’s fault.  

He built this team

He coaches this team

Any successful team takes on the identity of the coach, and these players are tuned out to the identity the coach is trying to instill.  These are his guys.  If you can’t get your own guys to buy in then you sure can’t get others to buy in.

Dunn-Vick-Duckett likes this

3 hours ago, MAD597 said:

Quinn inhereted a DC playbook in Seattle that the league figured out years ago. He is not smart enoigh to deviate from that.

This might be it. Hard to know for sure

10 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

You almost had me until this line...You do that and the players will frag each other. That not a good thing. See Vietnam...and that's definitely not #Brotherhood

No need for a poll, the coaches and players know who is not pulling their weight. The question is will they do anything about it? So far they haven't.

1 hour ago, TNFalcon1 said:

No need for a poll, the coaches and players know who is not pulling their weight. The question is will they do anything about it? So far they haven't.

Simple answer, no. If it hasn't happened in year 5 it ain't going to happen.

TNFalcon1 and Flying Falcon like this