Carter

South Carolina vs #3 Georgia

979 posts in this topic

Man, living in Louisiana, I have a lot of people asking me what happened to UGA Saturday? I shake my head and the only thing that I think of while watching that game was they looked like Zombies playing. No energy, un-inspired, just going through the motions and wishing for a good out come. I really don't know what to say after watching LSU create Cadillac sized holes for their backs to run through and nothing but energy demonstrated on the field. :huh:

95Dawg, sdogg, Carter and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Wardog357 said:

Man, living in Louisiana, I have a lot of people asking me what happened to UGA Saturday? I shake my head and the only thing that I think of while watching that game was they looked like Zombies playing. No energy, un-inspired, just going through the motions and wishing for a good out come. I really don't know what to say after watching LSU create Cadillac sized holes for their backs to run through and nothing but energy demonstrated on the field. :huh:

There’s always that one game we just don’t play well in for whatever reason it is. This year maybe just so happened to be a 2-3 South Carolina team. I hope anyway. Hope we don’t see that kind of piss poor game again. We’re obviously not as bad as we looked Saturday. Perhaps more importantly to note though is we’re maybe just not as good as we thought.

Tough pill to swallow.

sdogg, joefalco, g-dawg and 2 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
2
 Advanced issues found
 
2
1 hour ago, Carter said:

There’s always that one game we just don’t play well in for whatever reason it is. This year maybe just so happened to be a 2-3 South Carolina team. I hope anyway. Hope we don’t see that kind of piss poor game again. We’re obviously not as bad as we looked Saturday. Perhaps more importantly to note though is we’re maybe just not as good as we thought.

Tough pill to swallow.

I'm not one of those prisoner-of-the-moment types that but this has been what I've been thinking.  Our last three opponents have left the game encouraged by what they were able to do against a top 5 team.  And there were a lot of people that after beating a top-10 ND team felt that the win was annoyingly unsatisfying.  I think we've seen hints that we're not what we hoped we would be but we explained it away, myself included. 

I keep wondering is there any aspect of this team that has been truly elite at this stage of the season?   Maybe run defense when we have Jordan Davis?

Carter, sdogg, Wardog357 and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ransack said:

Jake Fromm refusing to throw to the middle of the field is a huge problem.

Been saying that since his freshman year, some dont wanna hear it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ransack said:

Jake Fromm refusing to throw to the middle of the field is a huge problem.

Yup..remember when posters were buying into Fromm getting better this offseason..I knew it was a bunch of ******** ..reminds of when Mark Richt and the coaches tried to sell people on garbage *** Hutson Mason throwing the ball deep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Carter said:

If this link isn’t behind the paywall I think you guys will like it. Film breakdown with a lot of gifs.

https://uga.rivals.com/news/film-don-t-lie-20

 

Trey Hill has been a major disappointment. I've pointed him out getting blown up in the middle multiple times this year already.  Center is a really tough position and you gotta have that dog in you to play there.  He doesn't have it. WR is becoming a huge problem at this point.  This will be the third week in a row I'm begging Smart to put Cook in as a wr.  The coaches gotta put guys in a place to succeed.  Fromm really hurt this team on Saturday, I lost some confidence in him and yes I admit that letting Fields go is now looking like a pretty stupid decision, although the question still remains of what would we have done with him in this offense.  Our offensive line played like crap on Saturday.  I'm sorry but most of these guys should be riding the bench this week.  We have 5 stars across the line and if they aren't going to give 5 star effort to go with that talent, then there is a kid behind them that will.  I honestly would rather see mistakes from young guys versus 50% effort from established guys.  At this point this team isn't going anywhere. The fans and the team can keep chirping on about everything is still in front of them but I don't buy it.  Losing to a 2-3 team AT HOME is a much bigger problem for me than most others seem to be giving it.

When guys like Swift start verbally pointing to failures of the coaching staff's offensive philosophy...you have bigger problems on your hand.  Oh well, at least i can relax now about UGA games.  Right now, this team isn't SEC Championship or Playoff caliber.  Our offensive line is soft and our coaches need to grow a pair if they plan on salvaging this season.

And as the breakdown points out above, maybe the single biggest issue with UGA at this point is how predictable their scheme is offensively.  Maybe that is why Muschamp felt so confident before the game.  He had his guys ready to play and he knew exactly what he was going to get from us. Shoot, I think any one of us could come up with a reasonable game plan to try to stop the Dawgs.  The film doesn't lie.

Edited by richham
BamaBirdLady and sdogg like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If a team can get through your offensive line enough, Fromm gets antsy.  It's pretty easy to see.  It's not uncommon even among otherwise good QBs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Junior running back D'Andre Swift, who had 23 carries for 113 yards and a touchdown in the loss, reiterated that there was something off about the team before kickoff on Saturday.

"Some people said they didn't feel... They just felt Saturday was... They didn't feel normal," Swift said. "Some people felt weird during pre-game. I'm not sure what was going on but we just weren't on the same page Saturday."

 

 Was their Gatorade spiked?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sdogg said:
 

Junior running back D'Andre Swift, who had 23 carries for 113 yards and a touchdown in the loss, reiterated that there was something off about the team before kickoff on Saturday.

"Some people said they didn't feel... They just felt Saturday was... They didn't feel normal," Swift said. "Some people felt weird during pre-game. I'm not sure what was going on but we just weren't on the same page Saturday."

 

 Was their Gatorade spiked?

I think he stopped himself from saying what he really thought. A lot of guys thought it would be easy and got force fed some humble pie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Carter said:

I think he stopped himself from saying what he really thought. A lot of guys thought it would be easy and got force fed some humble pie.

Kinda off topic but not really, I can't help but keep looking at that stat line Swift produced. Gamecocks couldn't stop him, so why did they go to the air so much which led to all the interceptions? That I don't understand. You got folks saying that Georgia lost the game because they were too conservative on offense but they lost because of turnovers. Serious, 52 passes and 43 rushes for Georgia. What's wrong with this picture? Swift himself averaged nearly 5 yards a pop. Just very weird playcalling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Kinda off topic but not really, I can't help but keep looking at that stat line Swift produced. Gamecocks couldn't stop him, so why did they go to the air so much which led to all the interceptions? That I don't understand. You got folks saying that Georgia lost the game because they were too conservative on offense but they lost because of turnovers. Serious, 52 passes and 43 rushes for Georgia. What's wrong with this picture? Swift himself averaged nearly 5 yards a pop. Just very weird playcalling.

Weird playcalling, weird execution, some very poor coaching decisions... just an overall bad game for us. Three of the four turnovers were really fluky type mistakes too like the ball deflecting off receivers hands or the fumbled snap. Fromm has that one awful throw on the pick six that was all on him and the defender hauling butt as soon as that ball came out. I mean part of that is a credit to South Carolina’s defense. Part of it is we just were not ready for the fight SC gave us.

We got complacent imo and complacency is a killer. I think what really got exposed was coaching deficiencies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ethanga62890 said:

Transitive property

UNC>scar>UGA

I had too

You forgot Appalachian State --> UNC.

And later on this year App State plays South Carolina and will probably beat them too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s still very weird to me that we gave up 4 turnovers, had a field goal blocked, zero takeaways... and still only lost by missing a field goal in 2OT.

Nearly 500 yards of offense and the story is about how our offense is terrible. Our defense only gave up 10 points in regulation, zero in the 2nd half and SC never reached the red zone and there are UGA fans raging about how our defense is struggling.

Stats of course don’t always tell the full story, but this is all super strange lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Carter said:

It’s still very weird to me that we gave up 4 turnovers, had a field goal blocked, zero takeaways... and still only lost by missing a field goal in 2OT.

Nearly 500 yards of offense and the story is about how our offense is terrible. Our defense only gave up 10 points in regulation, zero in the 2nd half and SC never reached the red zone and there are UGA fans raging about how our defense is struggling.

Stats of course don’t always tell the full story, but this is all super strange lol

Somebody asked me the other day “how’d y’all lose to that squad”.. I said “well, let’s take a look”.. pulled up the stats and said we beat them in every facet.. except turnovers.. so there’s your answer.. 

he so wanted to talk about how our O or D was pathetic.. and was taken aback when the stats were pulled up.. 

Can’t turn the ball over and not get some yourself.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Struggles with execution in the big moments would be my # 2 behind turnovers which to me also explains the screwed stats- turnover gonna happen - fromms pick 6 was pretty bad, the Simmons ball pick was bad that crap does happen tho, got to be better executing, think that might be why lot of us fuss and we’re frustrated w play calling  

frankly88 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Carter said:

It’s still very weird to me that we gave up 4 turnovers, had a field goal blocked, zero takeaways... and still only lost by missing a field goal in 2OT.

Nearly 500 yards of offense and the story is about how our offense is terrible. Our defense only gave up 10 points in regulation, zero in the 2nd half and SC never reached the red zone and there are UGA fans raging about how our defense is struggling.

Stats of course don’t always tell the full story, but this is all super strange lol

Our Defense wasn't the problem at all. If not for that pick six and remove just one more turnover and we win that game by 10-14 points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wardog357 said:

Our Defense wasn't the problem at all. If not for that pick six and remove just one more turnover and we win that game by 10-14 points.

Yeah I mean I feel that too. South Carolina deserves credit for making our 470 or something yards of offense look like crap. They forced some mistakes and they were in the right places when they needed to be. Players have admitted the team was overconfident and complacent coming into the game.

It’s a little odd to me that Kirby has been acknowledging how much the turnovers and uncharacteristic mistakes hurt us but so many UGA fans are in complete tantrum mode screaming our team is trash. I mean people I know full well are Dawg fans have been posting and tweeting out stuff like “I don’t know why any top recruit would ever want to play for this team.” Ridiculous.

TheTrue7 and Falconsfan567 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2019 at 2:09 PM, TheTrue7 said:

Fields 

chose

to 

leave

 

 

it was not our choice.. it was his.. based on the fact that he couldn’t win the job.. AS A FRESHMAN.. 

Everything you said above is true.

You did leave out that Fields could have and should have been given more garbage time.  You also left out that the playcalling when Fields was in was utter garbage.  This was the highest rated recruit in the composite ranking era to ever commit to UGA and he wasn’t just a backup QB - he was a player capable of carrying a team to a future Natty in a year not named 2018.  Tua was about to leave Bama had he not gotten in the 2nd half of the Natty.    Kirby and Chaney could have handled it much, much better.

Spts1 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Everything you said above is true.

You did leave out that Fields could have and should have been given more garbage time.  You also left out that the playcalling when Fields was in was utter garbage.  This was the highest rated recruit in the composite ranking era to ever commit to UGA and he wasn’t just a backup QB - he was a player capable of carrying a team to a future Natty in a year not named 2018.  Tua was about to leave Bama had he not gotten in the 2nd half of the Natty.    Kirby and Chaney could have handled it much, much better.

Was just pointing out a common response from some. 
As far as deserving more “garbage time”, I agree..

As far as the play calling being utter “garbage”, I’m assuming that was during “garbage time”.. 

definitely was a highly rated recruit.. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Everything you said above is true.

You did leave out that Fields could have and should have been given more garbage time.  You also left out that the playcalling when Fields was in was utter garbage.  This was the highest rated recruit in the composite ranking era to ever commit to UGA and he wasn’t just a backup QB - he was a player capable of carrying a team to a future Natty in a year not named 2018.  Tua was about to leave Bama had he not gotten in the 2nd half of the Natty.

Fromm hasn’t even been given garbage time to develop. Bottom line, Kirby better start doing a better job at it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, sdogg said:

Fromm hasn’t even been given garbage time to develop. Bottom line, Kirby better start doing a better job at it. 

Good chance Fields might have left even had Kirby handled it perfectly but, there was zero chance Fields would stay the way it was handled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now