Carter

South Carolina vs #3 Georgia

979 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Ransack said:

I just don't understand the duplicity in what Kirby says vs. what he does. He talks about being aggressive yet has the most conservative gameplans I've ever watched in my life. He recruits big guys and talks all offseason about winning the LOS and says we're going to push people around then when his team doesn't he tells the media "You can't push people around in the league all the time.". Well which is it Kirby? Does he even know what he has to do?

The weird thing about it is we threw 51 times. Fromm dropped back and threw the ball 51 times. Weird how that happens and everyone is screaming too conservative. Not that it’s wrong. But that is weird. He was throwing down the field quite a bit, too, we just weren’t making the plays. Turnovers caused the game to really get away from us.

The constant runs up the middle into a stacked box were mind boggling. Fromm has been pretty good about getting out of those plays... today, I don’t even know. We didn’t play well enough on offense to beat anyone today. 

As far as what Kirby says vs what we get... I don’t know that there’s much to glean from what’s said about the type of football he wants to play and what’s said after a team stops us from doing it. South Carolina has a couple DL who will be playing on Sundays and Sandidge is a player we wanted pretty badly. Might be the only area of the team you can say that, but they got the better of us from that area in particular.

19 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

This thread: Dan Mullen is smart and a good coach.

Dan Mullen:

We lost to South Carolina.....at home. Not LSU in death valley. With a junior QB.....and 3 top 2 recruiting classes.

sdogg likes this

48 minutes ago, slamee101 said:

I usually make an assessment of UGA (and the Falcons) at this point in the season.  Sometimes I’m wrong.  Usually I’m right though.

I have a real tough time thinking this UGA team doesn’t end up with 3-4 losses this year.  That’s not just based on today.

I’m already on to the next two seasons.  With the talent that Kirby has brought in I stand by what I said last year...if we look up 4 years from now and we’re not talking about a NC or the CFB then that’s a fail.

well kirby won't get out of his own way.  i thought kirby would have learned something from what nick saban did by opening up his offense.. i don't care who is the OC for the dawgs, as long as kirby is our head coach he will control what we do offensively and anything he says publicly is a bold faced lie when he talks about opening up our offense.  we will not win a national title until we open up our offense and stop this conservative crap.  we have plenty of talent and have no business losing to a 3 loss under .500 team like usce.  If stuff doesn't change we will lose 3 to 4 games.. 

8 minutes ago, theDIRTYcode said:

Recruiter <= better coach. We have 5*s backing up 5*s........we will see come the cocktail party.

Mullen is not a better coach. Period.

11 minutes ago, theDIRTYcode said:

Recruiter <= better coach. We have 5*s backing up 5*s........we will see come the cocktail party.

mullen is not a better coach..  sorry coaching includes recruiting and nothing mullen has done says he is a better coach. 

Just now, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Clemson lost to a six loss Pitt team in 2016 then went on to win a natty.

It happens.

We blew a 25 point lead in 2016....what's your point?

Just now, theDIRTYcode said:

We blew a 25 point lead in 2016....what's your point?

No matter how good you think you are, you're going to have that day. UGA had their's today.

Just now, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

No matter how good you think you are, you're going to have that day. UGA had their's today.

Alabama doesn't lose to an unranked team favored by 24 at home. Ohio State doesn'to doesn't lose this game. Oklahoma striped Texas today. This is embarrassing.....yall can make any excuse you want. Its ******* embarrassing. 

BamaBirdLady likes this

1 minute ago, theDIRTYcode said:

Alabama doesn't lose to an unranked team favored by 24 at home. Ohio State doesn'to doesn't lose this game. Oklahoma striped Texas today. This is embarrassing.....yall can make any excuse you want. Its ******* embarrassing. 

All of the teams you have mentioned have lost to underdogs in the past. It happens to everyone.

Nothing changes for UGA. They still need to win the SEC to get into the playoff. Either they will do that, or they won't.

3 minutes ago, theDIRTYcode said:

Nick Saban does lose to UAB and UL-Monroe though :(

Can’t believe the lengths Kirby is going to in order to copy Saban. Losing to South Carolina in year 4?!?! Seen that before!

TheTrue7 and Falconsfan567 like this

1 minute ago, tl;dr said:

Can’t believe the lengths Kirby is going to in order to copy Saban. Losing to South Carolina in year 4?!?! Seen that before!

Yea but...

:rolleyes:

Just now, tl;dr said:

**** off man.....Saban has more national championships than Quaker has oats. And that was Sabans FIRST year. We have a junior QB, a 5* offensive line, and we lose to South Carolina......yay Dawgs.

BamaBirdLady likes this

3 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

All of the teams you have mentioned have lost to underdogs in the past. It happens to everyone.

Nothing changes for UGA. They still need to win the SEC to get into the playoff. Either they will do that, or they won't.

Okay......fair enough. Now we have to run the table. Beat Florida and Auburn. There is no margin for error because we decided to **** the bed.

6 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Yea but...

:rolleyes:

losing to South Carolina in year 4 has been seen to be a successful strategy in the past.

Still don’t think this means much for Georgia except now you have to win the SEC to make the playoff. Give me a break with this “Florida” stuff lol. Florida isn’t that good. I would be more worried about going on the road to Auburn honestly. And then Missouri is looking pretty tough too 

Carter likes this

10 minutes ago, theDIRTYcode said:

**** off man.....Saban has more national championships than Quaker has oats. And that was Sabans FIRST year. We have a junior QB, a 5* offensive line, and we lose to South Carolina......yay Dawgs.

I think losing to a G5 team is embarrassing in most situations lol. There is a much bigger gap between P5 and G5 teams than say UGA and USC today. 

Weird games happen sometimes. See App State/Michigan. Michigan was clearly the better team over the course of the year, but that was just one weird day.

Im not a UGA fan, but I still think Georgia wins the East. Today was a weird game that isn’t the norm. 

4 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

I think losing to a G5 team is embarrassing in most situations lol. There is a much bigger gap between P5 and G5 teams than say UGA and USC today. 

Weird games happen sometimes. See App State/Michigan. Michigan was clearly the better team over the course of the year, but that was just one weird day.

Im not a UGA fan, but I still think Georgia wins the East. Today was a weird game that isn’t the norm. 

Weird games don't happen at HOME to a 3rd ranked team. They were 2 and ******* 3. Florida was always a must not lose, we just made Auburn the same. Because somehow, we lost to South Carolina...at home.

sdogg likes this

11 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

If Missouri gets eligible I don't see it because Georgia has an absolute beating waiting for them in Auburn even if Florida actually ends up being a win, and although I'd say yes I really don't win.

3 minutes ago, theDIRTYcode said:

Weird games don't happen at HOME to a 3rd ranked team. They were 2 and ******* 3. Florida was always a must not lose, we just made Auburn the same. Because somehow, we lost to South Carolina...at home.

It was a divisional rivalry game. Records and rankings don't mean squat in games like this one. Play this game 9 times out of 10 and Georgia wins and probably wins easily. Today just happened to be that 1 time. It happens.