Carter

South Carolina vs #3 Georgia

979 posts in this topic

I think the simplest and easiest way to describe my criticism of this offense is with one question. 

Does UGA have Speed at WR? 

I honestly don't know because that's not a factor in this offense *at all*. I don't remember seeing a WR truly run *once* this season(outside Simmons who is trash). 

It's honestly impressive that you can build an offense thats even slightly effective when it doesn't use WR speed *at all*. 

Meanwhile you turn on Bama and LSU and every highlight is a WR getting the ball in space and blitzing a defense. 

sdogg, tactician and AF89 like this

I'd also compare it to 90s NBA basketball. 

There was a time when throwing it to someone on the block and letting them go to work was the *only* offense in the NBA.

You play like that now and you can shoot 75% from the floor and you'll still get boat raced 130-94. You could have Kobe ******* Bryant and still lose to the Warriors by 50.

Times change. You gotta keep up. 

tactician and sdogg like this

18 minutes ago, WOR said:

I think the simplest and easiest way to describe my criticism of this offense is with one question. 

Does UGA have Speed at WR? 

I honestly don't know because that's not a factor in this offense *at all*. I don't remember seeing a WR truly run *once* this season(outside Simmons who is trash). 

It's honestly impressive that you can build an offense thats even slightly effective when it doesn't use WR speed *at all*. 

Meanwhile you turn on Bama and LSU and every highlight is a WR getting the ball in space and blitzing a defense. 

Saw alot of dudes just running to the end of thier routes and settling in behind thier DBs with no effort to get to the gaps in the secondary and help Fromm out.

They're not the worst receivers or anything but it's like we traded corps with a mid level Big 10 team. They're just sorta serviceable.  Theyll do some basic things but they're not going to take over any games.

I think that UGA offensively relies on getting man to man on the outside and letting the receivers win those 50/50 balls. There's not much route running involved, clearing areas, etc. It's as vanilla as it gets. Which has been fine most weeks when you have a distinct personnel advantage. But throw in a few bad breaks and turnovers, you get what you saw today.

WOR likes this

Yeah we should definitely be alot less confident in UGA's path through the East than we might have been a few hours ago. If Jacksonville were next week UGA might be a 4 to 7 point underdog.

3 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

UGA's defense is still formidable. But the schedule suddenly looks a lot tougher. Florida, Auburn, A&M, and don't sleep on Mizzou.

Can we say our defense is dominant, considering the weak competition, and that Dawgs cannot affect the QB?

Just now, g-dawg said:

Can we say our defense is dominant, considering the weak competition, and that Dawgs cannot affect the QB?

They are a top 10 unit. The only thing they haven't done well is rush the QB, but that's been the case for the last couple of years for them now. 

sdogg likes this

I just have one question that I’d like Kirby to answer straight up without the coach speak bs. 

I need to know why we can’t get guys the ball in open space. Is it scheme, playcalling, talent or all of it.

The one thing I can’t handle is not being able to get our extremely talented athletes the ball in space. Doesn’t matter whether it’s on the ground or in the air. Everything feels contested. It’s like trying to force a square peg into a round hole.

Kirby is asking this offense to execute each and every play at an extremely high level with little margin for error. Like others have said there’s too much talent out there to expect this week in and week out. 

sdogg and tactician like this

I usually make an assessment of UGA (and the Falcons) at this point in the season.  Sometimes I’m wrong.  Usually I’m right though.

I have a real tough time thinking this UGA team doesn’t end up with 3-4 losses this year.  That’s not just based on today.

I’m already on to the next two seasons.  With the talent that Kirby has brought in I stand by what I said last year...if we look up 4 years from now and we’re not talking about a NC or the CFB then that’s a fail.

SacFalcFan and sdogg like this

20 minutes ago, theDIRTYcode said:

We have to get better brother.....right thread.

Mullen is not a better coach. He has literally done nothing more than Kirby. Really tired of hearing it from MSUjr’s fanbase, so I get irritated when I hear it from our own. Mullen is a crap coach.

Falconsfan567 and Ovie_Lover like this

I just don't understand the duplicity in what Kirby says vs. what he does. He talks about being aggressive yet has the most conservative gameplans I've ever watched in my life. He recruits big guys and talks all offseason about winning the LOS and says we're going to push people around then when his team doesn't he tells the media "You can't push people around in the league all the time.". Well which is it Kirby? Does he even know what he has to do?

g-dawg, sdogg, blkbigdog35 and 1 other like this

6 minutes ago, Carter said:

Mullen is not a better coach. He has literally done nothing more than Kirby. Really tired of hearing it from MSUjr’s fanbase, so I get irritated when I hear it from our own. Mullen is a crap coach.

He has literally done nothing as a head coach.. can’t recruit and never even won the west.. 

Carter likes this

5 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

He has literally done nothing as a head coach.. can’t recruit and never even won the west.. 

Trust me, I watch Florida!! I can totally say that Dan Mullen is a terrible HC. If Kentucky was even a halfway decent team they would have beaten Florida this year because Dan Mullen did everything in his power to lose that game. Absolutely incredible how bad he is. Even this game against LSU tonight he had numerous coaching blunders, including that last play call. Who in the world calls for an option play on 4th and goal with a banged up QB who's not that athletic to begin with? Oh wait, Mack Brown does.

TheTrue7 and Carter like this

1 minute ago, tactician said:

Fromm's draft stock took a big hit today. I don't think he goes in the 1st round.

Because of this game?

29 minutes ago, Carter said:

Recruiter <= better coach. We have 5*s backing up 5*s........we will see come the cocktail party.