Carter

South Carolina vs #3 Georgia

979 posts in this topic

Going to stick with the statement Kirby is a great recruiter maybe the best in the country but a bad coach- coleys offense, and the defense looked bad too, just one of the worst games I’ve seen in a while, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree on pitman lot of talent but they ol doesn’t get much push or open holes- just think we are struggling in the coaching dept aside from recruiting 

sdogg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The defense only gave up 10 points today. 13 if you count OT. 
 

The issue is the offense.  We have insane talent on offense. How can we only score 17?

Well when you run 21 times between the center and the guards, and 16 of those go for only 3 to -3 yards, that’s how. 
 

So the bigger question is how do you decide to not stop what isn’t working after maybe 5-6 unsuccessful attempts?  How do you run those same unsuccessful plays 15 more times?

Didn't work, didn’t work, didn’t work, didn’t work, didn’t work... oh, just going to run this like 15 more times.

That is beyond bad play calling.  That is negligent homicide.

Kirby should get 21 lashes for hiring this guy, but Coley should be escorted out of the facility with security tonight. 

Edited by Beef

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LawDawg said:

Watch Fields win the Heisman.

 

 

They're trying to do that. He's in games late when they're up big against teams. Hopefully he doesn't get hurt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

What encourages me is we have the program, the building blocks and the leader and best recruiter to finish the dynasty.

What I haven’t seen yet is a willingness from Kirby to learn from mistakes and an openness to adapt.

Adapt or Die.

I think he lets his OC be the OC. I think he has hired two average OCs who share a philosophy he prefers. It’s a strong offensive philosophy honestly. Has taken us to an SEC title, the brink of a national championship and nearly a 2nd playoff berth within the 3 seasons Kirby has completed here. We beat Lincoln Riley’s offense with a Heisman winning QB with this offense. Football, like nearly everything else these days, gets boiled down to a zero sum game though. We are all hungry for a title, I get it. But that’s not nothing. The offense does need to get better, be more versatile, show some innovation imo.

I think Kirby has shown he can adapt and is willing to. I don’t think there is clear evidence that the offense we use doesn’t work though. We’ve won a lot of games and lost a few that didn’t exactly hinge on our offense getting shut down. I’d like to see a better offense for sure but at the same time we have to play to our strengths.

mike teevee likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Beef said:

The defense only gave up 10 points today. 13 if you count OT. 
 

The issue is the offense.  We have insane talent on offense. How can we only score 17?

Well when you run 21 times between the center and the guards, and 16 of those go for only 3 to -3 yards, that’s how. 
 

So the bigger question is how do you decide to not stop what isn’t working after maybe 5-6 unsuccessful attempts?  How do you run those same unsuccessful plays 15 more times?

Didn't work, didn’t work, didn’t work, didn’t work, didn’t work... oh, just going to run this like 15 more times.

That is beyond bad play calling.  That is negligent homicides.

Kirby should get 21 lashes for hiring this guy, but Coley should be escorted for the facility with security tonight. 

4 turnovers. The defense only gave up 1 TD, but against backup QBs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, sdogg said:

I'm really disappointed in Pittman and his boys. They are not playing up to their hype. 

I might be remembering incorrectly but I swear this exact same thing happened at Arkansas. 

They had a giant *** OLine like ours that was the talk of college football and they went like 7-6

sdogg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Carter said:

Grasping at something to keep me from falling into this disappointment, I’m trying to remind myself how bad we lost to LSU last year and how everyone was screaming about how we got exposed. We still went on to win out and nearly pulled off the win against Bama. We still have 6 games ahead of us to decide our season.

Very disappointed with the loss. Upset with the coaching decisions in particular. Trying to hold off on canceling the whole season already.

Idk why people think this ends our season. Lose to Florida? Yeah we're done. 

But whoever wins in Atlanta in December is in the playoff. It's as simple as that. (Barring a 3 loss SEC east team getting in somehow). 

My only real issue is Kirby Smart at this point. Can we get there? Absolutely. Will he and his staff make dumb*** mistakes when the pressures on? History would say yes. Which sucks. So unfortunately I'm not sure it matters. 

I'm getting very crappy UGA is the Braves of CFB vibes. 

Macknsweetjones likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WOR said:

Idk why people think this ends our season. Lose to Florida? Yeah we're done.

Because SC can’t hold LSU’s jock strap.

This wasn’t like the LSU loss, we lost to a very bad team today.

There isn’t a person who follows UGA who honestly thinks we can beat Florida or Auburn after seeing what we saw today. 
 

Anyone who says otherwise is lying to themselves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn’t end out season but we’d have to Change a lot to end the season not thrilled with going to the sugar bowl.. I’m frustrated because we really haven’t faced a top ten team (I don’t count nd) the secondary is a weakness, can’t get to the qb, bad play calling , bad scheme and the ol can’t get a push... bad day frustration I’m sure but a few posts ago was right on- Saban adjusted from the ground and pound between the tackles, we need to as well, run the ball sure but god nothing outside??? The short screens that don’t work, no backshoulder that I saw today, the jet sweep w cook that did work but don’t see anymore... and yes landers and Simmons should plays special teams and run plays only 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WOR said:

Idk why people think this ends our season. Lose to Florida? Yeah we're done. 

But whoever wins in Atlanta in December is in the playoff. It's as simple as that. (Barring a 3 loss SEC east team getting in somehow). 

My only real issue is Kirby Smart at this point. Can we get there? Absolutely. Will he and his staff make dumb*** mistakes when the pressures on? History would say yes. Which sucks. So unfortunately I'm not sure it matters. 

I'm getting very crappy UGA is the Braves of CFB vibes. 

Which is basically why I'm no longer investing in sports as something I arrange my life around. Too much pain, too much disappointment when you know there will be no payoff in the end. There will be no championships from any of my teams in my lifetime, so I'm not putting myself through it anymore.

 

WOR likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Beef said:

Because SC can’t hold LSU’s jock strap.

This wasn’t like the LSU loss, we lost to a very bad team today.

There isn’t a person who follows UGA who honestly thinks we can beat Florida or Auburn after seeing what we saw today. 
 

Anyone who says otherwise is lying to themselves. 

I do.. Florida will show their true colors and Auburn isn’t a world beater.. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

It doesn’t end out season but we’d have to Change a lot to end the season not thrilled with going to the sugar bowl.. I’m frustrated because we really haven’t faced a top ten team (I don’t count nd) the secondary is a weakness, can’t get to the qb, bad play calling , bad scheme and the ol can’t get a push... bad day frustration I’m sure but a few posts ago was right on- Saban adjusted from the ground and pound between the tackles, we need to as well, run the ball sure but god nothing outside??? The short screens that don’t work, no backshoulder that I saw today, the jet sweep w cook that did work but don’t see anymore... and yes landers and Simmons should plays special teams and run plays only 

Simmons, just like Landers, should never see the field unless we’re up 20+ points.

Cook should get 15 more touches a game. 

Robertson, Pickens, and Blaylock should get all the receiver playtime and touches.

Woerner should never be thrown a ball behind the LoS.

The RB’s should run 80%+ of their runs outside zone off-tackle.

And we should throw deep (25+ yards) no less than 10x a game.

 

That’s the only way we salvage this season.

usmcdirtybird likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, PK Manley said:

I could be wrong, but I don't think it matters if it's catchable or not for defensive holding, as that's from before the pass is thrown.

The ball was in the air already when he held. It was the wrong call. Should have been PI at that point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Which is basically why I'm no longer investing in sports as something I arrange my life around. Too much pain, too much disappointment when you know there will be no payoff in the end. There will be no championships from any of my teams in my lifetime, so I'm not putting myself through it anymore.

 

Eat Arby's 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

I do.. Florida will show their true colors and Auburn isn’t a world beater.. 

 

Auburn gets a bye before playing us. After this coaching performance I'm not enthusiastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, WOR said:

Idk why people think this ends our season. Lose to Florida? Yeah we're done. 

But whoever wins in Atlanta in December is in the playoff. It's as simple as that. (Barring a 3 loss SEC east team getting in somehow). 

My only real issue is Kirby Smart at this point. Can we get there? Absolutely. Will he and his staff make dumb*** mistakes when the pressures on? History would say yes. Which sucks. So unfortunately I'm not sure it matters. 

I'm getting very crappy UGA is the Braves of CFB vibes. 

The only fan bases not complaining for a while now are Bama and Clemson my man. Everyone else is failing and has fans calling for coaches to get run off. There’s no nuance.

TheTrue7 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ransack said:

Auburn gets a bye before playing us. After this coaching performance I'm not enthusiastic.

I can understand feeling that way CURRENTLY.. but let’s see what happens between now and then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

I do.. Florida will show their true colors and Auburn isn’t a world beater.. 

 

That means nothing. Just wishful thinking.

We can’t move the ball consistently with this scheme, and it’s caused Fromm, who has been historically accurate, smart, very good, and confident, to become insufferably below average in all those things.

There is a reason for that. And the only logical deduction is he has zero confidence in the plays being called and his mind is not in sync with his body.

That is a coaching issue when a player loses faith in the plays he’s supposed to run. 

Edited by Beef

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Beef said:

That means nothing. Just wishful thinking.

We can’t move the ball consistently with this scheme, and it’s caused Fromm, who has been historically accurate, smart, very good, and confident, to become insufferably below average in all those things.

There is a reason for that. And the only logical deduction is he has zero confidence in the plays being called and his mind is not in sync with his body.

That is a coaching issue when a player loses faith in the plays he’s supposed to run. 

This was one game.

mike teevee likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

I do.. Florida will show their true colors and Auburn isn’t a world beater.. 

 

Yeah some Dawg fans are too close to this. Everything they want to attain is still in front of this team. This loss will get the team refocused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Carter said:

We didn’t give up a score in the 2nd half and they only scored a field goal in OT. I really don’t know why some of y’all keep talking about losing to a 3rd string freshman. That 3rd string freshman was 6 of 12 for 33 yards.

Our offense staying in bed this morning is the biggest reason we lost. The next biggest is South Carolina played like it meant a whole lot more to them.

I agree with you.  The defense only gave up 10 pts in regulation. The offense, coaching (the coaching And game planning was horrible today) and sc playing a **** of a game is why we lost today.  I’m still not going to ever let Kirby live down the end of regulation today.  His coaching today was pathetic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Yeah some Dawg fans are too close to this. Everything they want to attain is still in front of this team. This loss will get the team refocused.

That’s what I’m thinking 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

That’s what I’m thinking 

Look, I’m a fan of the team. Not like Alabama that’s true, but I’m still a fan and just think the players thought they were better than they are if they don’t show up. I don’t think they respected S. Carolina and combine that with a 12pm game and you have a recipe for an upset. Sure it’s easy to say the coaches should have had them ready but I’m sure they were drilling the importance of the game all week. These are young men. Sometimes the message is not received properly. It will be now. That’s my take. 

TheTrue7 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now