Carter

South Carolina vs #3 Georgia

979 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, wartownfalcon said:

Actually watch it again, the holding came with the ball in the air

I don’t need to watch it again, I saw what happened.  Yes it came with ball in air.  But the call was holding(correct or not), which takes whether a ball is catchable or not out of the equation.  The point is that you can argue the ref made the wrong call or a bad call, but you can’t argue whether it was catchable or not because the call was holding.

Just now, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Unless it's a Dawg WR on a crossing route. 

In that case, it's two yards behind them.

Ugh....Swift was open for days and Fromm chunks it behind him. Dude was just terrible today.

Ovie_Lover likes this

14 minutes ago, theDIRTYcode said:

I have a lot of Gator friends and they all tell me the same thing. Kirby is a far better recruiter than Mullen, but Mullen is a far better coach.

I'm starting to believe them.

We shall see in a few weeks. Not going to beat UF with the we have better players scheme. 

34 minutes ago, Carter said:

Cager seemed to be taking on that Wims type of go-to big man role. 

Troubling stat is that UGA is now I think 0-5 with Fromm as QB when he has to put the offense on his arm and throw 30+ times. That’s more of an indictment on the scheme than it necessarily is on Fromm imo. I think he is a **** of a QB and had a bad game, but that kind of consistency with the offense losing games if the QB has to carry the load is pretty ****ing.

It's not a troubling stat.  These stats almost always imply the causation backwards.  Games in which you are losing causes the ball to be thrown more, and obviously, you lose more often when you're trailing in games.

I don't see how anyone could watch this predictable run, run, pass offense and think that deviating from that brilliant plan and passing the ball is why we lose those games.

Grasping at something to keep me from falling into this disappointment, I’m trying to remind myself how bad we lost to LSU last year and how everyone was screaming about how we got exposed. We still went on to win out and nearly pulled off the win against Bama. We still have 6 games ahead of us to decide our season.

Very disappointed with the loss. Upset with the coaching decisions in particular. Trying to hold off on canceling the whole season already.

1 minute ago, Carter said:

Grasping at something to keep me from falling into this disappointment, I’m trying to remind myself how bad we lost to LSU last year and how everyone was screaming about how we got exposed. We still went on to win out and nearly pulled off the win against Bama. We still have 6 games ahead of us to decide our season.

Very disappointed with the loss. Upset with the coaching decisions in particular. Trying to hold off on canceling the whole season already.

While I agree with you Carter, this was USCe at home, not LSU in death valley.

Ovie_Lover, Carter and Peteshweddy like this

My issues:

• Very questionable big moment decisions 
  • Very predictable offense. Kirby needs to let the uptempo offense happen. 
  • It’s time to let the people who should play be out there more. Simmons and Landers need to take a break for a while. 
  • Can we not scheme to get WRs more open? Are they not being coached well enough by the WR coach?
  • The deep ball. Both throwing and defending it. 
  • Whatever happened to the toss sweep? Running right up the middle 20 times when it’s not working isn’t the best...but who knows...I’m no football coach. 
  • There are more, but....sigh... Atlanta sports have started to get me used me to disappointing losses.  

—Rant over—

Positives:

• Season isn’t over yet. The margin for error is 0 though. 
  • Maybe they’ll finally see that this offense is easily neutralized the way it is currently setup and can figure out some new wrinkles to add.

5 minutes ago, PK Manley said:

It's not a troubling stat.  These stats almost always imply the causation backwards.  Games in which you are losing causes the ball to be thrown more, and obviously, you lose more often when you're trailing in games.

I don't see how anyone could watch this predictable run, run, pass offense and think that deviating from that brilliant plan and passing the ball is why we lose those games.

I was not thrilled with promoting Coley to OC. Apprehension turned to hopefulness but outside of a few drives that I thought the playcalling showed promise, I’m really not impressed.

Ovie_Lover likes this

49 minutes ago, Dawggone said:

Simmons has no business playing. Idc that he can block. He cant catch. Thats be like saying an OL has good hands. 

Simmons cost us more than he helps.  Kirby stated best will play.  He needs to do that with Simmons.  I do not kick them to the curb over one bad play but he needs to be demoted.  Plain and simple.  

Ovie_Lover likes this

39 minutes ago, Is This What You Want? said:

I don’t need to watch it again, I saw what happened.  Yes it came with ball in air.  But the call was holding(correct or not), which takes whether a ball is catchable or not out of the equation.  The point is that you can argue the ref made the wrong call or a bad call, but you can’t argue whether it was catchable or not because the call was holding.

Definitely uncatchable. Dude was at the 1 yard line as the ball was going out of the back of the endzone. That kid ain’t that fast

1 minute ago, wartownfalcon said:

Definitely uncatchable. Dude was at the 1 yard line as the ball was going out of the back of the endzone. That kid ain’t that fast

It definitely looked like one of those New England Patriot calls...:lol:   

wartownfalcon likes this

7 minutes ago, wartownfalcon said:

I could be wrong, but I don't think it matters if it's catchable or not for defensive holding, as that's from before the pass is thrown.

40 minutes ago, sdogg said:

42-0 and Clemson is still going deep. No mercy, sweep the leg Johnny. 

To be fair.. they have 228 passing yards.. 

14 minutes ago, Carter said:

Watched the first few minutes and while I feel the team has more issues than just this, I will say that Kirby was right about one thing.  You go -4 in turnover margin and one of those goes for a score, that is usually not a winning recipe for any team.

46 minutes ago, Carter said:

What encourages me is we have the program, the building blocks and the leader and best recruiter to finish the dynasty.

What I haven’t seen yet is a willingness from Kirby to learn from mistakes and an openness to adapt.

Adapt or Die.

1 minute ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

No lies detected.

While that is true, it’s also not something that changes from week to week. As you said, we are built to run the ball first. RB and OL is the strength combo on offense. Not QB and WR. Our WRs have not been effective really at any point since Kirby has been here and the best ones we’ve signed are freshmen now. We can’t switch from doing what we do to running an Ohio State type of offense just because we have Fields as a backup (last year) or switch to a Texas Tech type of air raid offense just because. I know you know that, so the post is really aimed at others. A lot of fans seem to think we can just start airing it out or let a Justin Fields just run around and throw bombs and it just works. 

Folks are complaining about Tyler Simmons playing but want us to stop running so much. He’s going to be out there if we are throwing a lot. DRob has had drops. Pickens and Blaylock have a lot to learn about technique in getting open vs SEC defenders.

We won’t see a significant offensive change during a season. Didn’t happen with Bama. It just doesn’t work that way. We need to be more versatile, I certainly agree with that.

9 minutes ago, PK Manley said:

Watched the first few minutes and while I feel the team has more issues than just this, I will say that Kirby was right about one thing.  You go -4 in turnover margin and one of those goes for a score, that is usually not a winning recipe for any team.

No we probably win without the 4 turnovers but if Kirby doesn’t face that it is more than that he is making a huge mistake.

Until he is willing to adapt his offense and defense he will keep losing to the top teams the same way.

sdogg and PK Manley like this

8 minutes ago, Carter said:

While that is true, it’s also not something that changes from week to week. As you said, we are built to run the ball first. RB and OL is the strength combo on offense. Not QB and WR. Our WRs have not been effective really at any point since Kirby has been here and the best ones we’ve signed are freshmen now. We can’t switch from doing what we do to running an Ohio State type of offense just because we have Fields as a backup (last year) or switch to a Texas Tech type of air raid offense just because. I know you know that, so the post is really aimed at others. A lot of fans seem to think we can just start airing it out or let a Justin Fields just run around and throw bombs and it just works. 

Folks are complaining about Tyler Simmons playing but want us to stop running so much. He’s going to be out there if we are throwing a lot. DRob has had drops. Pickens and Blaylock have a lot to learn about technique in getting open vs SEC defenders.

We won’t see a significant offensive change during a season. Didn’t happen with Bama. It just doesn’t work that way. We need to be more versatile, I certainly agree with that.

oh nothing will happen during the season. But there has to be more innovation on offense. Even Saban figured out that you can't beat everyone by simply outrecruiting them.That's when he bought in guys like Kiffin and Sark.

Carter and sdogg like this