Carter

South Carolina vs #3 Georgia

979 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, frankly88 said:

There were several times in the game where I thought we weren't playing as hard as SC and the OL is one of the primary  places where lack of effort shows up. 

Lack of effort by the OL has been going on since Vandy. 

Macknsweetjones likes this

39 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Kirby invites less talented teams to stay in games.

The lack of stretching the field and predicable play calls is like giving the opposing defense an extra defender.

We can see that. Opposing DC’s have to see it. Why can’t Kirby?

22 minutes ago, LawDawg said:

You or someone else on these boards said that right after Coley was promoted to OC. I didn't want to believe it and thought that anyone would be an upgrade from Chaney. I was wrong. We should've let Jimbo take Coley.

I said when he was promoted that some UGA fans would hate him. His halftime adjustments are almost always nothing. He is a very stubborn oc. 

1 hour ago, sdogg said:

Kirby sucks as a coach. He really doors

7 minutes ago, sdogg said:

Someone said fire him?

Yea.. Not sure how I should put 2 and 2 together.. door you?

Georgia is the better team, but man Fromm looked bad today. Worst game I’ve seen him play since LSU last year. 

That OT INT wasn’t on him though. Dude has gotta catch that 

thofin21, slamee101 and sdogg like this

Just now, youngbloodz said:

I said when he was promoted that some UGA fans would hate him. His halftime adjustments are almost always nothing. He is a very stubborn oc. 

Yep, I remember you saying that. Was truly hoping you were wrong or that he grew since leaving Mia. But no. He is horrible so far. His WR routes are as bad as the Falcons. 

youngbloodz likes this

1 minute ago, tl;dr said:

Georgia is the better team, but man Fromm looked bad today. Worst game I’ve seen him play since LSU last year. 

That OT INT wasn’t on him though. Dude has gotta catch that 

Good news is, Fromm is probably coming back next year. I think it’s good news. 

1 minute ago, sdogg said:

Yep, I remember you saying that. Was truly hoping you were wrong or that he grew since leaving Mia. But no. He is horrible so far. His WR routes are as bad as the Falcons. 

Honestly though I thought with you guys o line and running game you would still be ok. 

Just now, usmcdirtybird said:

One thing is for sure.  Tyler Simmons needs to be demoted.  Massive fumble and mistakes in the ND game.  Massive mistakes in this game.    

Hated hearing when Cager was out of the game for good.. That's his go-to..

Just now, TheTrue7 said:

Yep, I think he injured that shoulder in the ND game and it will not be the same till the offseason.  

@youngbloodz You stated Cager is good when on the field.  

2 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

Yep, I think he injured that shoulder in the ND game and it will not be the same till the offseason.  

This time was the ribs

:(

Just now, TheTrue7 said:

Cager seemed to be taking on that Wims type of go-to big man role. 

Troubling stat is that UGA is now I think 0-5 with Fromm as QB when he has to put the offense on his arm and throw 30+ times. That’s more of an indictment on the scheme than it necessarily is on Fromm imo. I think he is a **** of a QB and had a bad game, but that kind of consistency with the offense losing games if the QB has to carry the load is pretty ****ing.

6 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

Cager is good. Just wasn't consistent at Miami. Seems like he turned a corner for UGA 

Just now, Carter said:

Troubling stat is that UGA is now I think 0-5 with Fromm as QB when he has to put the offense on his arm and throw 30+ times. That’s more of an indictment on the scheme than it necessarily is on Fromm imo. I think he is a **** of a QB and had a bad game, but that kind of consistency with the offense losing games if the QB has to carry the load is pretty ****ing.

They have to allow him to develop. Let him build a chemistry with his WR’s during games. When we’re up big vs cupcakes, sling it. Don’t worry about hurting feelings. 

1 minute ago, Carter said:

UGA is a running team. It's how they are constructed. If the QB is throwing the ball a lot, then it probably means they aren't running the ball well. I don't think its necessarily a reflection on the QB. This simply isn't a throwing team.

How long before Kirby learns what Saban did? 3 yards and a cloud of dust is over. We need a real OC.

But man....Fromm was utter **** today. I'm not even mad at Hot Rod.

3 minutes ago, Carter said:

Unless he has a game like the national championship where he did everything he could to lead us to a win but he couldn’t play defense too. 
he definitely had a bad day today.. but I’d still want him to lead my team any day of the week

sdogg and Carter like this

13 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Honestly though I thought with you guys o line and running game you would still be ok. 

Just shows you can’t rely on talent alone. Sooner or later Kirby is going to have to start coaching. 

Just now, theDIRTYcode said:

How long before Kirby learns what Saban did? 3 yards and a cloud of dust is over. We need a real OC.

But man....Fromm was utter **** today. I'm not even mad at Hot Rod.

Can't be mad at Blankenship. If you rely on a kicker to keep you in a game, even a really good kicker, it's going to bite you eventually.

theDIRTYcode likes this

Yeah if we can’t run effectively.... it’s far more likely we will lose that game. I knew if they came out after the half and didn’t start instilling their will on their D line we we had about a 50/50 chance of winning. We just looked bad today start to finish.

14 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

One thing is for sure.  Tyler Simmons needs to be demoted.  Massive fumble and mistakes in the ND game.  Massive mistakes in this game.    

Simmons has no business playing. Idc that he can block. He cant catch. Thats be like saying an OL has good hands. 

Ovie_Lover likes this

10 minutes ago, sdogg said:

Just shows you can’t rely on talent alone. Sooner or later Kirby is going to have to start coaching. 

I have a lot of Gator friends and they all tell me the same thing. Kirby is a far better recruiter than Mullen, but Mullen is a far better coach.

I'm starting to believe them.

sdogg likes this

Just now, theDIRTYcode said:

I have a lot of Gator friends and they all tell me the same thing. Kirby is a far better recruiter than Mullen, but Mullen is a far better coach.

I'm starting to believe them.

I wouldn’t 

Carter and mike teevee like this