Carter

South Carolina vs #3 Georgia

979 posts in this topic

Kirby invites less talented teams to stay in games.

The lack of stretching the field and predicable play calls is like giving the opposing defense an extra defender.

sdogg and mqg96 like this

22 minutes ago, sdogg said:

Nope. This is classic Kirby ball. This is what he wants. To be ultra conservative!! 

I blame him for making Coley the play caller, but it doesn’t change the fact Coley is calling horrible plays and not adjusting.

You know darn well Kirby isn’t sitting there overruling his calls and demanding they continue calling runs up the middle.

Did Kirby call the OT stupid TE screen in the middle to 4.8 speed Charlie freaking Woerner on 2nd and 9?

I seriously doubt it.

Not only does Woerner drop it, but who here thinks he has a chance to catch a ball behind the LoS and run for 9+ yards?

Nobody. Not a single one of us would have called that monumentally crap *** play and we don’t do this for a living. Not one of us would think, “Hey, our 4.8 speed no agility mediocre hands possession TE is the best guy to catch the ball in the middle of the DL behind the LoS and get us closer to the goal line in this incredibly important moment in OT.”

Only an idiot who’s horrible at his job thinks that was the best play to call at that moment.

Same idiot who thinks it’s good to run 15+ unsuccessful runs right up the middle.

Edited by Beef
slamee101 likes this

42 minutes ago, Bigman90 said:

No, we lost to ourselves. We made too many mistakes.

lost to yourselves?  South Carolina won that game 3 times.  they played a good game and exposed georgia's offense...

Edited by Spts1

3 minutes ago, Beef said:

I blame him for making Coley the play caller, but it doesn’t change the fact Coley is calling horrible plays and not adjusting.

You know darn well Kirby isn’t sitting there overruling his calls and demanding they continue calling runs up the middle.

Did Kirby call the OT stupid TE screen in the middle to 4.8 speed Charlie freaking Woerner on 2nd and 9?

I seriously doubt it.

Not only does Woerner drop it, but who here thinks he has a chance to catch a ball behind the LoS and run for 9+ yards?

Nobody. Not a single one of us would have called that monumentally crap *** play and we don’t do this for a living. Not one of us would think, “Hey, our 4.8 speed no agility mediocre hands possession TE is the best guy to catch the ball in the middle of the DL behind the LoS and get us closer to the goal line in this incredibly important moment in OT.”

Only an idiot who’s horrible at his job thinks that was the best play to call at that moment.

Same idiot who thinks it’s good to run 15+ unsuccessful runs right up the middle.

He doesn’t have to overrule him. They go into a game with a game plan. That plan is always going to be Kirby ball. The entire week is gameplanned to be conservative. Not to take too many chances. I know it’s Kirby because it’s this way every game, well except the first halves in the NT and last SECC games. If it wasn’t and he’s  not telling Cooley to pick it up some during the weekly game planning, then it still falls on Kirby. Just watch, next week it will be wash rinse repeat. No change at all. That’s Kirby 

4 minutes ago, sdogg said:

He doesn’t have to overrule him. They go into a game with a game plan. That plan is always going to be Kirby ball. The entire week is gameplanned to be conservative. Not to take too many chances. I know it’s Kirby because it’s this way every game, well except the first halves in the NT and last SECC games. If it wasn’t and he’s  not telling Cooley to pick it up some during the weekly game planning, then it still falls on Kirby. Just watch, next week it will be wash rinse repeat. No change at all. That’s Kirby 

Which is why he felt that Jacob Eason and Justin Fields were expendable.  Kirby wants to run the ball and play defense.  Problem is, once you shut down Georgia's run game and force Fromm and the receivers to make plays, a good defense stops them...

sdogg likes this

Just now, Spts1 said:

Which is why he felt that Jacob Eason and Justin Fields were expendable.  Kirby wants to run the ball and play defense.  Problem is, once you shut down Georgia's run game and force Fromm and the receivers to make plays, a good defense stops them...

This. It’s so obvious what he wants. 

Spts1 likes this

39 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Nah I watched UGA today. That's Coley everywhere he has been. Just who he is. His playcalling always leave a lot to be desired 

You or someone else on these boards said that right after Coley was promoted to OC. I didn't want to believe it and thought that anyone would be an upgrade from Chaney. I was wrong. We should've let Jimbo take Coley.

Fact is we are too predictable. Our OL is good but when the other team knows what’s coming it makes that much harder to run 

3 minutes ago, sdogg said:

This. It’s so obvious what he wants. 

Kirby built Georgia to be Alabama 2.0.   Thats not a bad thing.  Saban doesn't necessary build around a slinger either.  Where Saban DID beat Kirby and is better than Kirby is not sticking with something that isn't working.  Saban made sure that Tua got snaps behind Hurts and that little thing right there became the BIG thing that beat Georgia in the national championship game...  Kirby refused to develop Justin behind Fromm and it bit him in both big games Georgia played last season. LSU and the SEC championship game...

Edited by Spts1
sdogg likes this

11 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

lost to yourselves?  South Carolina won that game 3 times.  they played a good game and exposed georgia's offense...

FINALLY! The actual truth about "Slickgadawg" comes out..

Just a troll after all!

Carter likes this

At home vs their 3rd string QB, for half the game. That’s not good Kirby. Lose to Tau off the bench? Um ok. Lose to Hursts off the bench? Yeah sure. Lose to whoever SC 3rd stringer is? We have a serious coaching flaw. 

mqg96 likes this

7 minutes ago, HEIST said:

Kirby showed everybody he's not a bright man when he pulled out that fake punt last year.

Or when he stopped using Michel In the title game against bama ..he’s a ****in idiot 

5 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Maybe UGA should fire Kirby. I'm gathering he sucks anyway. Richt is available right now. 

No, but he needs to actually grow as a HC. Time to take the training wheels off. 

95Dawg likes this

1 minute ago, sdogg said:

No, but he needs to actually grow as a HC. Time to take the training wheels off. 

He made a critical mistake. He hired an OC solely on his recruiting ability. Thought they could get by with his playcalling. 

sdogg likes this

5 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Kirby built Georgia to be Alabama 2.0.   Thats not a bad thing.  Saban doesn't necessary build around a slinger either.  Where Saban DID beat Kirby and is better than Kirby is not sticking with something that isn't working.  Saban made sure that Tua got snaps behind Hurts and that little thing right there became the BIG thing that beat Georgia in the national championship game...  Kirby refused to develop Justin behind Fromm and it bit him in both big games Georgia played last season. LSU and the SEC championship game...

He’s not even allowing Fromm to fully develop. Would love to see Fromm sling it, even when we are up big vs cupcakes. 

Spts1 likes this

Just now, Unknøwn said:

He made a critical mistake. He hired an OC solely on his recruiting ability. Thought they could get by with his playcalling. 

That’s why I say he hasn’t developed as a X and O coach. Can’t just rely on “we have more talent than you”. 

8 minutes ago, sdogg said:

At home vs their 3rd string QB, for half the game. That’s not good Kirby. Lose to Tau off the bench? Um ok. Lose to Hursts off the bench? Yeah sure. Lose to whoever SC 3rd stringer is? We have a serious coaching flaw. 

We didn’t give up a score in the 2nd half and they only scored a field goal in OT. I really don’t know why some of y’all keep talking about losing to a 3rd string freshman. That 3rd string freshman was 6 of 12 for 33 yards.

Our offense staying in bed this morning is the biggest reason we lost. The next biggest is South Carolina played like it meant a whole lot more to them.

Bdawg58 likes this

This was nothing more or less than a BAD GAME.

They played like they felt the game was over before it started. Between coaching, line play, QB play, and kicker misses, we deserved this loss.

But all this fire Kirby talk is ridiculous.. He's human, he's gonna make mistakes.. Today he made quite a few, and I'm sure he'll own them..

Now, will we learn from this debacle? Will we prove it over the rest of the season?

I'm a Dawg! So, I'm going with YES!

95Dawg likes this

Just now, Carter said:

We didn’t give up a score in the 2nd half and they only scored a field goal in OT. I really don’t know why some of y’all keep talking about losing to a 3rd strong freshman. That 3rd string freshman was 6 of 12 for 33 yards.

Our offense staying in bed this morning is the biggest reason we lost. The next biggest is South Carolina played like it meant a whole lot more to them.

There were several times in the game where I thought we weren't playing as hard as SC and the OL is one of the primary  places where lack of effort shows up. 

3 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

This was nothing more or less than a BAD GAME.

They played like they felt the game was over before it started. Between coaching, line play, QB play, and kicker misses, we deserved this loss.

But all this fire Kirby talk is ridiculous.. He's human, he's gonna make mistakes.. Today he made quite a few, and I'm sure he'll own them..

Now, will we learn from this debacle? Will we prove it over the rest of the season?

I'm a Dawg! So, I'm going with YES!

Someone said fire him?