Carter

South Carolina vs #3 Georgia

979 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, frankly88 said:

It doesn't.  You have a more than competent offense. 

This. Kirby obviously isn’t paying attention to his former boss. 

BamaBirdLady likes this

6 minutes ago, sdogg said:

Why do people call out our OC’s? This is Kirby ball. 

Kirby clearly screwed up. But he’s not calling the offensive plays. He’s not sitting there overruling Coley’s calls.

Coley isn’t calling an outside zone run or a pass, and Kirby is going, “Hold up, run it again off-center.”

Thats not how it happens.

This was an OC seeing us run inside the guards over a dozen times with little gain or even a loss, and somehow still calling off-center runs like 10 more times again.

Its 2nd and 9 in OT, and he runs a freaking middle screen to Charlie Woerner??????????  In the same spot where their DL has been blowing up the inside of our OL?????

That is just awful. Worse than awful. 

15 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Chaney did the same thing. Coley didnt run this kind of offense at Miami. Kirby told him how to play.

Nah I watched UGA today. That's Coley everywhere he has been. Just who he is. His playcalling always leave a lot to be desired 

Orlovsky is really good in the booth.

Also agree with this is the worst loss for Kirby since he’s been there. (I don’t really count year one though)

I knew in the first half this game was over. Team played uninspired at times (although the D looked good)

This was compounded by some terrible coaching decisions.

This year is done.  Even if they manage to run the table (spoiler alert: They won’t) your one loss to this 2-3 USC team is likely to be far worse than whatever loss any other one loss team has.

Big takeaway today though is...Fromm was just bad.  Coley called a subpar game but some of the throws and decisions by Fromm really stuck out to me. 

mqg96 and Ovie_Lover like this

22 minutes ago, Carter said:

???

The holding call on Fromm’s 4th down pass. Non-delusional fans even said it was uncatchable. :slick::sadwave:

4 minutes ago, HotLantaFalcon said:

But then you guys answer right away sooo

Yea. But an 8 minute opening drive!!

If we can't stop A&M how do stop LSU, aubarn,  SEC east champ?

Just now, wartownfalcon said:

The holding call on Fromm’s 4th down pass. Non-delusional fans even said it was uncatchable. :slick::sadwave:

I didn’t even comment on that play. I thought we got a huge break by the refs on that. What the **** are you even doing here?

Falconsfan567 likes this

1 minute ago, wartownfalcon said:

USC won. There's no need to be dumb anymore. 

Go watch it again. It landed a foot out of bounds. It wasn't high. He probably could have got it right where he was being held if he could just jump. 

That's holding. Again. USC won. Being salty and making yourself look stupid in the process is very strange. 

slamee101 and Carter like this

Just now, Carter said:

I didn’t even comment on that play. I thought we got a huge break by the refs on that. What the **** are you even doing here?

I just commented Justice Was Served. You ??? My comment, just explained what the justice was

6 minutes ago, Beef said:

Kirby clearly screwed up. But he’s not calling the offensive plays. He’s not sitting there overruling Coley’s calls.

Coley isn’t calling an outside zone run or a pass, and Kirby is going, “Hold up, run it again off-center.”

Thats not how it happens.

This was an OC seeing us run inside the guards over a dozen times with little gain or even a loss, and somehow still calling off-center runs like 10 more times again.

Its 2nd and 9 in OT, and he runs a freaking middle screen to Charlie Woerner??????????  In the same spot where their DL has been blowing up the inside of our OL?????

That is just awful. Worse than awful. 

Nope. This is classic Kirby ball. This is what he wants. To be ultra conservative!! 

fuego likes this

Just now, wartownfalcon said:

I just commented Justice Was Served. You ??? My comment, just explained what the justice was

Justice served on what exactly? I have no clue why you quoted me and made that comment.

Bad game all around for our offense. Fromm was very off today. Kirby screwed the pooch late in this game. What’s your point?

Ovie_Lover likes this

7 minutes ago, wartownfalcon said:

It is still a penalty though.  Holding means the foul occurred prior to the pass, therefore the result of the throw is irrelevant.  PI(ball is in the air) would bring a non-catchable ball into the equation, but not holding.    How do so many people still not understand simple rules of football?

We relied on a historical rushing duo back to back seasons in 2017 & 2018. Chubb and Michel combined for 2000+ yards and Swift and Holyfield combined for 2000+ yards, yet our offense was still very conservative that year and messed up against the elite opponents (or elite defenses). We don't have that this year, plus outside of Lawrence Cager our receiving core has taken a huge step back from last season. Jake Fromm was supposed to make a lot of progress this year, and unfortunately I haven't seen that from him in year 3. I'm very disappointed, and honestly, Georgia's offensive philosophy is too stuck in the past. That won't be getting us anywhere this year. I've said it before it's hard to win the division (SEC East or West) 3 years in a row. Looks like we may not be doing that. I have a hard time believing we'll go 2-0 vs Florida and Auburn, ****, we may not even beat Mizzou and Texas A&M if we keep playing like we're playing. A change in the offensive philosophy must happen now.

1 minute ago, D.B.N. said:

Fields > Fromm and it isn’t even close. Called it last year we should have started Fields during the LSU GAME! Now he will go win a Heisman at Ohio State!!!!

You think Fields would be doing anything in this ridiculously conservative offense?

BamaBirdLady, sdogg and mqg96 like this

Just now, Ransack said:

You think Fields would be doing anything is this ridiculously conservative offense?

Doubt it. I agree. A better offensive philosophy at UGA will be able to utilize our talent better including Jake Fromm. Jake Fromm is still making freshman mistakes against the better defenses. He hasn't improved at all since he's been a dawg. He was carried by those seniors his freshman year. 

1 minute ago, D.B.N. said:

Fields > Fromm and it isn’t even close. Called it last year we should have started Fields during the LSU GAME! Now he will go win a Heisman at Ohio State!!!!

Yea, I had stayed out of this one but I don’t even think it’s a debate anymore.  Fromm was bad today.  Late when the game was tied Swift was wide open on a crossing pattern that likely would have lead to FG range.

Today was eye opening to me.

Spts1 and D.B.N. like this

9 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

This was my loss guys.  I changed from my Red Michel jersey to my black AJ Green jersey.  I will not do that again.  

I’ll take blame...as Hot Rod was lining up, I was giving him the Jinx Spirit Fingers :lol:

15 minutes ago, Nereek said:

Kirby Smart is Dan Quinn. We will probably lose 2 more games this season.

Yep. If we don’t fix these reoccurring issues by UF, we will definitely lose 2 more. 

4 minutes ago, Is This What You Want? said:

It is still a penalty though.  Holding means the foul occurred prior to the pass, therefore the result of the throw is irrelevant.  PI(ball is in the air) would bring a non-catchable ball into the equation, but not holding.    How do so many people still not understand simple rules of football?

Actually watch it again, the holding came with the ball in the air

Just now, Ransack said:

You think Fields would be doing anything is this ridiculously conservative offense?

Yes, in the hints we saw against actual legit opponents he didn't look great himself. Not every play called was a running play. It also included plays where the routes were covered because....of coaching?

This is philosophy and offense. And also only having 1 burner WR that is actually good. Everyone else is possession type.

2 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

Doubt it. I agree. A better offensive philosophy at UGA will be able to utilize our talent better including Jake Fromm. Jake Fromm is still making freshman mistakes against the better defenses. He hasn't improved at all since he's been a dawg. He was carried by those seniors his freshman year. 

You might be right that he hasn’t improved. But, how much is that on the coaching staff for not allowing him to develop over the years? You can only get better through game time repetitiveness. We don’t allow that when we can control teams, so when we can’t control teams, this is new to Fromm and our O. Especially our young WRs

mqg96 likes this