wartownfalcon

Snit over thinking...

43 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

You had me at hello.

I'm sorry, but what did the Cards do in the bottom on the 10th to win? I believe they bunted the runner over.

5 minutes ago, E. T. said:

I'm sorry, but what did the Cards do in the bottom on the 10th to win? I believe they bunted the runner over.

Nope. Cardinals did not bunt.

Teherán pitching for ATL

• Wong hit a ground rule double to left.
  • Goldschmidt intentionally walked.
  • Ozuna grounded into fielder's choice to catcher, Goldschmidt out at second, Wong to third.
  • Molina hit sacrifice fly to left, Wong scored.
TheTrue7 likes this

4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Nope. Cardinals did not bunt.

Teherán pitching for ATL

• Wong hit a ground rule double to left.
  • Goldschmidt intentionally walked.
  • Ozuna grounded into fielder's choice to catcher, Goldschmidt out at second, Wong to third.
  • Molina hit sacrifice fly to left, Wong scored.

You are correct...but Julio fielded it and threw to 2nd.

I’ll agree that the situational hitting was crap. It was. The bunt or lack of bunt is made up. Getting a runner over is the problem or getting a man HOME FROM 3RD WITH NO OUTS IS A BIGGER PROBLEM! A PLAYER PROBLEM. A PLAYER FAILURE.! THERE IS NO MANAGING THERE! Or I don’t know. Hitting a guy home on the regular. Bases loaded twice. Acuna on 3rd and 2nd with NO OUTS!  With “FREE BOMB” on deck or in the hole. Man these dudes balls shriveled up when it counted today. That’s that. 

BamaBirdLady likes this

45 minutes ago, E. T. said:

You are correct...but Julio fielded it and threw to 2nd.

Still wasn't a bunt and Julio threw it to 2nd trying to get the double play which they nearly turned.

11 hours ago, tldr said:

Why didn't Ozzie bunt Ronald over?

Visions of granduer...

Hoping to crush the ball over the fence 

9 hours ago, Black Francis said:

I’ll agree that the situational hitting was crap. It was. The bunt or lack of bunt is made up. Getting a runner over is the problem or getting a man HOME FROM 3RD WITH NO OUTS IS A BIGGER PROBLEM! A PLAYER PROBLEM. A PLAYER FAILURE.! THERE IS NO MANAGING THERE! Or I don’t know. Hitting a guy home on the regular. Bases loaded twice. Acuna on 3rd and 2nd with NO OUTS!  With “FREE BOMB” on deck or in the hole. Man these dudes balls shriveled up when it counted today. That’s that. 

Nervous.

Some are nervous...

Making more mistakes because of the hurt and pain of the ones in Game 1.

Saying the opponent has HOF, championships, and experience...

Maybe not good to do that before game 5.

You. do. not. bunt. with. a. good. hitter.

And I'm sorry, but outside of Game 1, this has probably been some of the best in-game managing by Snitker since he's been here. If Tomlin had one of those 86 MPH gopher balls deposited into LF by Goldschmidt or Ozuna, people would be crucifying him for not putting in Greene. He made the right call and it took two, sub-70 MPH dinkers to ruin it.

Posted (edited)

On 10/7/2019 at 6:26 PM, wartownfalcon said:

Tomlin with 4 up 4 down and pulls him for Greene. WHY????? If a pitcher is on, keep dealing him

I like Snit a lot! Classic baseball guy and leader! He is the reason the Braves are where they are! Point blank! 

But he is capable of mistakes and I agree that Tomlin would have got us to the 9th! He was dealing! But you can’t put Game 4s Lost on any pitcher or on Snit simply because if Freeman, Donaldson, And Markakis has preformed! If only one of them had only gotten 1 hit with Acuna on base in the 6th, 7th or 8th innings! Then the game wouldn't have went 10! And we would be peacefully be awaiting the winner of the Dodgers/Cardinals today and Freeman could be resting his hurt elbow!!!!

Edited by DirtyBird7000k

3 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Braves 4-for-36 with RISP in the series. But yes, let's just all take a major **** on Brian Snitker because it's all his fault. You people are ******* clueless!!

He’s made bonehead decisions that have cost games. 

He11, the morale is probably as crappy as it is because the players know Snit has been an idiot.

Get over yourself. 

Just now, Beef said:

He’s made bonehead decisions that have cost games. 

He11, the morale is probably as crappy as it is because the players know Snit has been an idiot.

Get over yourself. 

If the offense shows up the Braves win game 4. That's not on Snitker.

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

If the offense shows up the Braves win game 4. That's not on Snitker.

If Snitker doesn’t take Tomlin out or even put Luke F’ing Jackson on the postseason roster, much less actually pitch him, we don’t lose game 4, and probably not even game 1.

See, I can do it too.

Posted (edited)

The Braves lost this series in Game 4! They didn’t even show up today! I dont know who those idiots are today out there in Braves uniforms????

Edited by DirtyBird7000k

I'm not the biggest Brian Snitker fan and I'm not afraid to make it known, but it's blowing my mind that I'm one of the very few with any common sense and realizing that Snitker managed this series extremely well and that I'm fine with him coming back next year.

I'm sorry, but Snitker lost this game 4 when he pulled Tomlin

No way should he have pulled him

Tomlin retired 4 batters easily on just 10 pitches.....10 PITCHES!!

What was he thinking

Why would he pull him in the middle of the inning to put another right handed pitcher in?

Also, whenever you put a new pitcher in, you never know how he is going to pitch

You knew how Tomlin was pitching....GREAT!

Bad move Snitker

Braves should be in the WS right now beating Houston like the Nats are doing

Braves would have beaten the Nats in the NLCS just like they did all season going 11-8 against them

Thanks Snit

10 minutes ago, Unger said:

I'm sorry, but Snitker lost this game 4 when he pulled Tomlin

No way should he have pulled him

Tomlin retired 4 batters easily on just 10 pitches.....10 PITCHES!!

What was he thinking

Why would he pull him in the middle of the inning to put another right handed pitcher in?

Also, whenever you put a new pitcher in, you never know how he is going to pitch

You knew how Tomlin was pitching....GREAT!

Bad move Snitker

Braves should be in the WS right now beating Houston like the Nats are doing

Braves would have beaten the Nats in the NLCS just like they did all season going 11-8 against them

Thanks Snit

It's Brian Snitker's fault that Acuna hit a leadoff triple in the 7th and didn't score and then hit a leadoff double in the 9th and again didn't score? Yep, all Snitker's fault. Also everyone *****ing about him pulling Tomlin are the same ones *****ing about him putting in Tomlin to begin with.

TheTrue7 and falconsd56 like this