Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thajames

Accountability

24 posts in this topic

I saw a Rico interview where to me he basically said when asked what the issues are he said all he can do is his job. I'm hoping that some of the Xs and Os guys can give some insight as to who else besides the obvious ( Oliver) are not doing their specific job.

Thanks and I think that's an easy broad answer..96,93 also doing their job inside. I was more curious on the blown assignments in the secondary and why the intermediate middle is always so open.

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Everyone except 37, 45 and 97 are not doing what they’re supposed to be doing. Don’t need PMF or Vel for that. 

I think Tru gets an honorable mention, he's looked a little more like he did a few years ago before the torn pec. Still could be better tho

ya_boi_j likes this

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Everyone except 37, 45 and 97 are not doing what they’re supposed to be doing. Don’t need PMF or Vel for that. 

45 has been on and off 

Just now, A Dog Named Brian said:

I think Tru gets an honorable mention, he's looked a little more like he did a few years ago before the torn pec. Still could be better tho

That long touchdown he gave up was a tough one. He’s rarely tested with Oliver getting all of the attention though so I’ll give ya that one

Just now, SPITFIRE said:

45 has been on and off 

Depends on if you’re simply looking at the stat sheet or the actual effort. He’s giving his all the entire game. He, like Grady and Rico, can’t do everyone else’s job along with his

Francis York Morgan likes this

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Depends on if you’re simply looking at the stat sheet or the actual effort. He’s giving his all the entire game. He, like Grady and Rico, can’t do everyone else’s job along with his

That's a good point -- who have you seen slacking off? Let's call them out too.

My list:

* Trufant has been reluctant to tackle

* Beasley needs more mean streak

* Kazee doesn't appear to "do his job"

* Takk doesn't "do his job" (set the edge) and also, he played a lot harder vs Philly than he did Sunday

* Oliver -- he just wasn't ready. I still think he's promising.

Edited by DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

ive said Debo dont look like his usual self, i knew i wasnt seeing things 

Edited by caponine
mtldirtybird and Flyin' In DC like this

20 minutes ago, DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins said:

That's a good point -- who have you seen slacking off? Let's call them out too.

My list:

* Trufant has been reluctant to tackle

* Beasley needs more mean streak

* Kazee doesn't appear to "do his job"

* Takk doesn't "do his job" (set the edge) and also, he played a lot harder vs Philly than he did Sunday

* Oliver -- he just wasn't ready. I still think he's promising.

I haven't even seen flashes from Oliver, man there's not much to be excited about. I hope the next coach can get the most out of him.

34 minutes ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

I'm guessing you haven't watched the last two games. Tru looks completely lost.

1 hour ago, Faithful Falcon said:

I'm guessing you haven't watched the last two games. Tru looks completely lost.

Tru doesn't look lost...Oliver looks lost...Tru just got beat on some good routes/throws....26 gets beat by everything....anyone have any insight on Kazee at nickel?

A Dog Named Brian likes this

6 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

No i am watching the play, and his assignment and his alignment. Some of them have been questionable, his pursuit and ability to maintain leverage for tackling has also been suspect. There is enough bad play to go around for the entire defense. You dont get this bad with only a few problems. If you think of this in the swiss cheese failure model all the holes lined up for a 53 point failure. Head coach, Passing game coord, prep, players, and execution. Lets not forget that the other guys on the otherside of the ball are no slouches they want to win also. 

6 hours ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

Crazy thing is, he's done so by doing what he was meant to be, a press corner. Whenever we go zone, it usually ends bad.

Posted (edited)

DQ needs to be better.

Kazee needs to go back to S, we're already allowing tons of deep balls and touchdowns so we might as well get his INTs!!! Slide Sheffield at Nickel and play some mannnnnnn! Even some more cover 2, just stop sitting in that C3 all game long.

Freeman needs to be better and play some Hill and QO. They made the team, use them.

Ridley needs to step up a bit. 

Luke Stocker needs to step up and/or be on the field less.

Keith Smith needs to step up a bit.

Deion Jones can do better.

Beasley and Takk...Beasley has been better at least...not saying much...

Crawford is invisible.

Oliver.

Trufant a bit

Even Rico has allowed big TD passes on him that he didn't allow in the past...

And whoever has played a snap at SS, we need someone to be at least NFL adequate...

Edited by mtldirtybird
thajames likes this

6 hours ago, thajames said:

Tru doesn't look lost...Oliver looks lost...Tru just got beat on some good routes/throws....26 gets beat by everything....anyone have any insight on Kazee at nickel?

Tru got flat out beat 3 times for a TD.

thajames likes this

Something I'm very sure you all know, but I'm still going to throw it out there:

These players are without a doubt not being put in the best position to succeed. Pretty sure I saw a couple of times last game where Takk AND Beasley dropped into coverage, essentially giving just s 3 man "rush". Against a struggling OL. 

At this point I'm honestly wondering how well some players will do once this staff is gone. Even Beasley.

5 hours ago, Fiercefalcon said:

Something I'm very sure you all know, but I'm still going to throw it out there:

These players are without a doubt not being put in the best position to succeed. Pretty sure I saw a couple of times last game where Takk AND Beasley dropped into coverage, essentially giving just s 3 man "rush". Against a struggling OL. 

At this point I'm honestly wondering how well some players will do once this staff is gone. Even Beasley.

I disagree they have been in position to make plays and they are not doing it. 

37 minutes ago, SPITFIRE said:

I disagree they have been in position to make plays and they are not doing it. 

As long as the players take the field there is always a chance to be in position to make a play. The issue I have is that the coaching staff really isn't helping to maximize the odds. The players gotta play, but the coaches really have to help out way more than they are.

1 minute ago, Fiercefalcon said:

As long as the players take the field there is always a chance to be in position to make a play. The issue I have is that the coaching staff really isn't helping to maximize the odds. The players gotta play, but the coaches really have to help out way more than they are.

That does not happen by accident, defense is 70% reactions. Scheme wise you can only effect alignment, assignment, stance , keys. The only suspect thing here from a scheme perspective is the alignment. There is about a 5 yard no cover zone in the zone defense, and when our guys come up to hit they are just not. Both players are not maintaining the proper leverage, and even effort through the whistle. No matter how much you drill or teach it some players just lose it on game day and imo you get rid of those players. Our man coverage is just actually trash. 

12 hours ago, mtldirtybird said:

DQ needs to be better.

Kazee needs to go back to S, we're already allowing tons of deep balls and touchdowns so we might as well get his INTs!!! Slide Sheffield at Nickel and play some mannnnnnn! Even some more cover 2, just stop sitting in that C3 all game long.

Freeman needs to be better and play some Hill and QO. They made the team, use them.

Ridley needs to step up a bit. 

Luke Stocker needs to step up and/or be on the field less.

Keith Smith needs to step up a bit.

Deion Jones can do better.

Beasley and Takk...Beasley has been better at least...not saying much...

Crawford is invisible.

Oliver.

Trufant a bit

Even Rico has allowed big TD passes on him that he didn't allow in the past...

And whoever has played a snap at SS, we need someone to be at least NFL adequate...

Rico made mistakes but that TD was busted assignment and good design by Texans against the zone. Rico is responsible for deep middle. The receiver ran a crossing route, some one didn’t do their job and Rico tried to cover it.

thajames likes this