The Falcons never recovered from collapsing in the Super Bowl.

Just now, Drvillain said:

Everyone seems to forget they were one play away from beating the next SB champs in the playoffs.

A play that was a clear DPI in my opinion 

Cause no one really cares about almost. I almost had a 3 some once with 2 Latinas. Doesn't mean anything since it didn't happen

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Cause no one really cares about almost. I almost had a 3 some once with 2 Latinas. Doesn't mean anything since it didn't happen

You missed the point entirely. They made the playoffs, beat the rams in the wild card game, and lost in a close one to the SB champs. They recovered immediately

Just now, Drvillain said:

You missed the point entirely. They made the playoffs, beat the rams in the wild card game, and lost in a close one to the SB champs. They recovered immediately

Nah, I didn't missed the point. No one cares about what almost happened. People care about the end result. Just like no one cares about the injuries sustained last season. No one cares about excuses. Just the end result.

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Nah, I didn't missed the point. No one cares about what almost happened. People care about the end result. Just like no one cares about the injuries sustained last season. No one cares about excuses. Just the end result.

It still doesn't sound like you actually got the point. I'm honestly not sure if you even know what the thread is about. 

8 minutes ago, Drvillain said:

Everyone seems to forget they were one play away from beating the next SB champs in the playoffs.

A play that was a clear DPI in my opinion 

Who cares, didn't happen. Stop making excuses for this dumpster fire of a "team". 

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I get what you're saying, you just don't care about what I'm saying, which is cool as well. 

Just now, D.B.N. said:

Who cares, didn't happen. Stop making excuses for this dumpster fire of a "team". 

The falcons recovered after the Super bowl. Get over it. You don't make it to the playoffs without "recovering." This is fake news. Yes, I get it we suck right now. 

Edited by Drvillain

I really feel this. That team was in shock after losing the way they did, and had more drive somewhat the following yr to avenge that. They came up short and realized they are still fighting to get something they should already have. They have regressed every season after wards, and 28-3 is a good reason why. It's not going to work with this coaching staff anymore.

Just now, ChickenBiscuit said:

recovered to what exactly? mediocrity? a stadium that still is never full? Enlighten me.

to immediately being contenders in the playoffs. It sounds like we are talking about the fans never recovering; because I sure saw the team recover and get to work the next season

4 minutes ago, A Pimp Named Slickback™ said:

I really feel this. That team was in shock after losing the way they did, and had more drive somewhat the following yr to avenge that. They came up short and realized they are still fighting to get something they should already have. They have regressed every season after wards, and 28-3 is a good reason why. It's not going to work with this coaching staff anymore.

I'm no psychologist, but this "feels" right. That they sort of pushed through the immediate shock but when the next year ended in disappointing fashion as well (when there wasn't a chance to get RIGHT back and fix it, so to speak) ........ well, we haven't looked like the team I saw out there in LA for even a second since.

2 minutes ago, Drvillain said:

to immediately being contenders in the playoffs. It sounds like we are talking about the fans never recovering; because I sure saw the team recover and get to work the next season

Going from  having a 25 pt lead in the Super Bowl to "at least we made the playoffs" is not recovery IMO.