D.B.N.

Offseason Plan of Action

78 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, D.B.N. said:

Sell me on Shaw 

How much you want?

Made his bones coaching in NFL learning under Harbaugh and Gruden. Plus his dad was an nfl coach.  Has always ran a Pro style offense at Stanford, so none of that gimmicky crap that won’t work with Ryan. 

Has something like 80-20 record at Stanford even with their tough academic standards, Which is akin to winning at Vanderbilt. Think about that.

All that, plus he’s just an impressive person in real life.

35 minutes ago, Vandy said:

How much you want?

Made his bones coaching in NFL learning under Harbaugh and Gruden. Plus his dad was an nfl coach.  Has always ran a Pro style offense at Stanford, so none of that gimmicky crap that won’t work with Ryan. 

He’s something like 80-20 at Stanford even with their academic standards, Which is akin to winning at Vanderbilt.

All that, plus he’s just an impressive person in real life.

It’s gonna be hard to convince him to leave that program. He would probably want full control of the team 

PokerSteve, Vandy and GhostofGritz like this

19 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

It’s gonna be hard to convince him to leave that program. He would probably want full control of the team 

Agreed. But You gotta try, IMO a quality guy like Shaw is worth it. 

Arthur has his ways of persuasion. 

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Agreed. But You gotta try. Arthur has his ways of persuasion. 

Yea, it depends on how bad Blank wants him too. Something tells me Blank is going to want a proven, big name. Not another first time coach. 

PokerSteve likes this

I loved your post Federico Falcon. Something's are not gonna realistically or can be done. MR has his faults like most NFL players but he has had a great career. I do think we should look into the GM, HC, OC, DC and Staff. This can be turned around next year with a different mindset, luck, non-favorism, and making some hard choices. But let me warn you new is not always good. Look at the REDSKINS they have had high draft choices for years and money but it hasn't helped them. It is about people in charge.

PokerSteve likes this

On 10/8/2019 at 2:23 PM, JD dirtybird21 said:

Ryan is 2nd in the league in passing yards, 2nd in touchdowns, and 3rd in completion %. But yea, the Falcons will decide to hang onto him because they're stuck with his contract. :rolleyes:

I feel like I have to say this every day:

volume stats absolutely do not matter, Ryan led the league in passing attempts before Thursday and will probably lead the league again after this Sunday. We're literally passing 50+ times a game, most of the time while being down multiple leads.

DirtyBird7000k and D.B.N. like this

Just now, ChickenBiscuit said:

volume stats absolutely do not matter, Ryan led the league in passing attempts before Thursday and will probably lead the league again after this Sunday. We're literally passing 50+ times a game, most of the time while being down multiple leads.

Point is, the team isn’t going to get rid of Ryan. And it’s not because they’re stuck with him like OP suggests. It’s because they believe in him 

Vandy, HASHBROWN3 and Geneaut like this

10 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Yea, it depends on how bad Blank wants him too. Something tells me Blank is going to want a proven, big name. Not another first time coach. 

God, I hope not JD.  All a McCarthy-type has-been would bring is more mediocrity. 

shaw’s a winner. 

JD dirtybird21 and PokerSteve like this

16 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

You do know why, don’t you? 

I know you’re a smart poster. He’s a major asset, certainly not a liability, for this team. 

Being among league leaders in passing stats should not be a reason to criticize ryan. He would like nothing better than to have a balanced offense.

HASHBROWN3, PokerSteve and Geneaut like this

Just now, Vandy said:

You do know why, don’t you? 

That should not be a reason to criticize ryan. He would like nothing better than to have a balanced offense.

I know. He'd be infinitely more efficient (which is what I care about) with a rushing attack and even a middle-of-the-pack defense. And it's difficult to maintain efficiency when you pass as much as we do. I just think there are better ways to defend Ryan besides the MVP thing and volume stats. Ryan is a very efficient QB in YPA, completion %, QBR, etc..

Vandy, HASHBROWN3 and PokerSteve like this

2 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

I know. He'd be infinitely more efficient (which is what I care about) with a rushing attack and even a middle-of-the-pack defense. And it's difficult to maintain efficiency when you pass as much as we do. I just think there are better ways to defend Ryan besides the MVP thing and volume stats. Ryan is a very efficient QB in YPA, completion %, QBR, etc..

Agreed. 

we just need the OL to gel enough to give us a running attack, be it with freeman, Ollison or whomever. 

PokerSteve likes this

On 10/8/2019 at 2:23 PM, JD dirtybird21 said:

Ryan is 2nd in the league in passing yards, 2nd in touchdowns, and 3rd in completion %. But yea, the Falcons will decide to hang onto him because they're stuck with his contract. :rolleyes:

Yeah but he can't run and "buy time". That's the new deciding factor for all.Qbs

JD dirtybird21 likes this

23 minutes ago, Vandy said:

God, I hope not JD.  All a McCarthy-type has-been would bring is more mediocrity. 

shaw’s a winner. 

Shaw to me falls in that category of “proven.” I’m talking more like OC’s or DC’s who have never been a HC anywhere, including college. 

Vandy and PokerSteve like this

42 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Shaw to me falls in that category of “proven.” I’m talking more like OC’s or DC’s who have never been a HC anywhere, including college. 

Gotcha.

‘Proven’ to me also isn’t one (such as McDaniels) who failed miserably in his one opp in Denver. .....plus he’s a smuck.

4 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Gotcha.

Proven to me also isn’t one (such as McDaniels) who failed miserably in his one opp in Denver. .....plus he’s a smuck.

Vandy, I think he’s a real possibility to come here

Vandy likes this

I would like David Goggins as head coach.  At least he wouldn’t be high giving players as they run off the field after they just failed a 4th down attempt.  He would break his foot off in someone’s asz.  He may not know anything about football, but he would make the team hard asf.  

I am kidding obviously, but we need someone with more fire.  I would like to have a head coach who is willing to yell at the refs when necessary.  Quinn never yells at the refs.  There is a reason we always get terrible calls against us, because the refs aren’t afraid of Quinn chewing them out at all therefore questionable calls become normal.  I know a ref cant change a call after the fact just because you yelled at them about it, but if it is questionable you work them all game and by the end of the game they might keep the flag in their pocket when a call play is a little gray and in 4th quarter when it matters most.

for the life of me I can’t understand how someone can get paid so much money and not do all of the little simple things like this.  

Vandy likes this

30 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Vandy, I think he’s a real possibility to come here

TD connection always makes it a possibility...

I think TD’s overall been a good GM, but even he may not survive this cluster-### of a season JD. 

Just now, Vandy said:

TD connection always makes it a possibility...

I think TD’s overall been a good GM, but even he may not survive this cluster-### of a season JD. 

Seasons only 5 games in. Win less than 4 games? Everyone is gone. 7-9 and miss the playoffs? Some could be safe

Vandy and falconsd56 like this

7 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Seasons only 5 games in. Win less than 4 games? Everyone is gone. 7-9 and miss the playoffs? Some could be safe

Yup. Frankly, as hard as I’ve been on Quinn last couple years, I still hope he finds a way. A whole -scale regime change probably closes window for ryan + Julio. 

PokerSteve and JD dirtybird21 like this

On 10/7/2019 at 3:02 PM, D.B.N. said:

We are about to enter full rebuild mode here folks, so buckle up. Prediction: 4-12 record.  I have us winning at AZ, and splitting w/ TB & CAR. 

Blank cleans house and fires everyone on staff. We bring in a complete new staff...

HC: Lincoln Riley or Eric Bieniemy

OC: Gary Kubiak

DC: Brett Venable Clemson DC. 

Only players safe on this team are Grady Jarrett, Deion Jones, Julio Jones, Austin Hooper, the Rookie Guards, Jake Matthews, Mack, and Matt Ryan (due to his contract). Everyone else can kick rocks. Trufant and Freeman need to be traded for picks and if no one trades then just cut them. Draft all defense and get a good running back. Derrick Brown Auburn in the first round to pair next to Grady. We still suck next year cuz it can't be fixed in one year. Then we draft the QB of the Future Justin Fields or Trevor Lawrence in Riley's system. 

I like this plan but Mack will probably retire and Matthews might be traded or cut! Also if the right offer (first round picks) occurs for Julio or Ryan, to give the New Head Coach Cap Flexibility to bring in his system! It must happen!

Quinn has proven himself to be a talentless, emotionless, hack who rode Pete Carroll’s coattails and swindled Blank into Hiring him! Got to cut ties with his entire system and way of doing things! 

D.B.N. likes this

Lincoln Riley will be a star coach in the NFL. This is the man I hope we get if we don't get Tomlin. I know he made mistakes in Pittsburgh but he is a good coach. 

On 10/12/2019 at 11:58 PM, shango said:

that's not the series I was talking about, I think it was the last offensive series

ok but the comment you're responding to was attached to a GIF where he fumbles and you can see Robinson in the background getting wide open.  If he's given time to throw because Freeman makes his block, that's likely a TD and no need to kick a FG, up to 35 points and comeback is likely halted.  

Doesn't guarantee anything but since this post is mainly about what ifs and possibilities