D.B.N.

Offseason Plan of Action

78 posts in this topic

We are about to enter full rebuild mode here folks, so buckle up. Prediction: 4-12 record.  I have us winning at AZ, and splitting w/ TB & CAR. 

Blank cleans house and fires everyone on staff. We bring in a complete new staff...

HC: Lincoln Riley or Eric Bieniemy

OC: Gary Kubiak

DC: Brett Venable Clemson DC. 

Only players safe on this team are Grady Jarrett, Deion Jones, Julio Jones, Austin Hooper, the Rookie Guards, Jake Matthews, Mack, and Matt Ryan (due to his contract). Everyone else can kick rocks. Trufant and Freeman need to be traded for picks and if no one trades then just cut them. Draft all defense and get a good running back. Derrick Brown Auburn in the first round to pair next to Grady. We still suck next year cuz it can't be fixed in one year. Then we draft the QB of the Future Justin Fields or Trevor Lawrence in Riley's system. 

Lol a lot of variables have to fall into place for that too happen.

College HC NFL hmmmmmm yeah I’ll get back to you on that one.

The one move I do like Gary Kubiak he’d be in the candidates for next head coach for sure if he’s healthy enough to accept it.

Kubiak is in advisor status only. I don't think he wants to actually coach anymore or anytime soon.

He is also overrated by this board. What has Kubiak done to make him a "must have" coach on here? He wasn't that good in Houston and won a SB on the back of a legendary defense with Wade Phillips at DC.

He took over an already SB bound team fresh off of a SB appearance.

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Ryan is 2nd in the league in passing yards, 2nd in touchdowns, and 3rd in completion %. But yea, the Falcons will decide to hang onto him because they're stuck with his contract. :rolleyes:

Hope Ryan ends his career with a huge f the world like Elway did.

7 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Ryan is 2nd in the league in passing yards, 2nd in touchdowns, and 3rd in completion %. But yea, the Falcons will decide to hang onto him because they're stuck with his contract. :rolleyes:

Just quoting so this can be posted twice. 

1 hour ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

empty stats. again, regular season hero stat king. thats it. 

Chitown2ATL_Falcon likes this

1 minute ago, Dr Long Shot said:

He is also the playoff stat king since no one has better playoff stats in the entire NFL since 2012. 

Ryan is overrated and you will not change my mind. 

6 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

Ryan is overrated and you will not change my mind. 

Fun Fact: Matt Ryan, former league MVP and highest-rated QB in SB history, is one of only two NFL QB's to start their career by throwing a TD pass on their first play as a pro.

Dr Long Shot likes this

3 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Fun Fact: Matt Ryan, former league MVP and highest-rated QB in SB history, is one of only two NFL QB's to start their career by throwing a TD pass on their first play as a pro.

cool story. also he choked with the rest of the team in that same SB. 28-3. end of discussion. have a nice day! ^_^

Dr Long Shot and PokerSteve like this

I don’t think the issue here is the players as much as it is the coaches. I think a new offensive guru type head coach is what the Falcons need. The players we have are pretty talented they’re just being used incorrectly. 

3 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Historically, I've defended Matt mercilessly on these boards. Mainly because I thought and still think he was an elite QB.

This year, IMO, not so. You can call out all the positive stats and ignore the negatives all you want, but Fact is that for all the good he's done this year, the dude has handed the ball over 8 times in 5 games and has missed some throws you'd normally expect him to make.

Dude looked Awful in game 1.

Awful in game 2.

Awful in the 1st half of game 3.

Great in the 2nd half of game 3.

Awful in Game 4.

Lights-out in Game 5

His play has legitimately  been a contributing factor in 3 of our 4 losses. IMO, In 20 quarters of play, he's looked like Matt in 6 of them.

I dont say this to be an *** or to bag on the guy as I truly hope last week was him getting back into form. Too much work has to be done on this defense for us to need to analyze the QB spot, But sometimes you gotta call it like you see it.

Edited by RubberDucky
Chitown2ATL_Falcon likes this