Jay Gruden is up for grabs

Realsurfin

16 minutes ago, Realsurfin said:

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/10/07/us/jay-gruden-fired-washington-redskins-trnd/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F

He is gone.  So Dan Quinn might not be so secure no matter what Mr Blank say publicly.  I am not endorsing bringing Jay Gruden here just making a point.

Let the seats stay empty and the fans start booing on tv at our poor performance every game. That's really embarrassing for this organization. Blank would have to do something then.

6 minutes ago, Hard2BaBirdWachr said:

Let the seats stay empty and the fans start booing on tv at our poor performance every game. That's really embarrassing for this organization. Blank would have to do something then.

He is probably thinking about it.  He also has a lot of money on the line.  Snapping his fingers would cost millions.  I am sure that is part of what is going on. 

4 minutes ago, SoldMySoul said:

Since the post was made, all jokes aside, Would Gruden be good for us?? He didn’t do so hot with the skins albeit he didn’t have a lot of talent there. 

Chris Thompson was crying in an interview about Jay being gone.

Was 5-2 last year before Alex went down. Had to coach a team full of players he didnt ask for (Haskins, Collins, Norman, Smith, Peterson, etc)

I wouldn't hate it but it's hard to say what he brings considering the handicaps he had there.

11 minutes ago, SoldMySoul said:

Since the post was made, all jokes aside, Would Gruden be good for us?? He didn’t do so hot with the skins albeit he didn’t have a lot of talent there. 

I was just trying to point out that no coach is secure in their job.  I personally do not think he would be a good fit.  But... others might think he could do the job.  For us to get a coach we are going to have them either leave or get pink slipped from a previous coaching job or leave a tv commentators job.  Either way its going cost AB a bunch of money.

5 minutes ago, Realsurfin said:

I was just trying to point out that no coach is secure in their job.  I personally do not think he would be a good fit.  But... others might think he could do the job.  For us to get a coach we are going to have them either leave or get pink slipped from a previous coaching job or leave a tv commentators job.  Either way its going cost AB a bunch of money.

Yeah Real I was just asking while I was at it. But right about no safe coach. Although the talking heads pushing the Blank narrative that Danny Boy is safe right now.

Edited by SoldMySoul

10 minutes ago, Califalcon0013 said:

Man you put in you topic "gruden up for grabs" which could imply  bringing him here than lead up with "quinn may not be safe".

I did say I was not endorsing bringing him here.  Its all good.  No matter what happens this season I have made a resolution to laugh about it.  Not worth getting all worked up.  Its the Falcons.

Good luck to us.

Edited by Realsurfin