autigerfan

Reasons for Optimism

22 posts in this topic

As the eternal optimist I have been looking for signs of hope and am not willing to throw in the towel on this season.  In looking at the schedule ahead, I see 4 games that we should be able to win. (Cardinals, both Tampa games, Jaguars.), which would have us finish up 5-11.  Believing we have massively underachieved based upon our talent and with a reversion back towards the mean I could see us winning 8 or more games with a strong finish.  Trying to extrapolate a record based upon how you start can be a fools game.  (See the 5-0 start by the Redskins last year) now they are firing their HC.

What are your reasons for optimism?

2 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

McGary and Lindstrom could be long term manifests on our right side?

This is the end of this thread. That's it. Nothing more to add. 

1 minute ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

There is no reason for optimism.  It's not that we don't have some good players, but we have a lot on defense that just aren't that good and we have terrible coaching.

You at least have to be optimistic that Dan's days are numbered and only a miracle might save him now?

Bigbenright likes this

Just now, jlrfalcon said:

You at least have to be optimistic that Dan's days are numbered and only a miracle might save him now?

This is true.  We can't even change systems or tweak philosophies because we don't have the correct people.  We are stuck with this level of putrid on defense until next year.

Fast and physical!!  Quinn speak for get your *** handed to you.

19 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

Wile actually looks better than Bosher and we might never have to see Bosher again?

Minus the two out of bounds kicks. 

theDIRTYcode likes this

1 minute ago, FinalScore2.0 said:

Hotdogs are still very cheap compared to other stadiums

And if the team really goes down this year, surely the seat prices have got to come down also?

Something to remain positive on....hmmm... I'm usually a positive/optimism person as well but all the optimisms are actually more on the negative optimism scale (such as we might fire our coach hooray!, or "it can't get much worse than getting a 50 burger landed upon us", or "at least we might have a high draft pick") So I will do my best with a positive optimistic view;

Ya I honestly don't have anything.... Sorry peeps...

31 minutes ago, autigerfan said:

As the eternal optimist I have been looking for signs of hope and am not willing to throw in the towel on this season.  In looking at the schedule ahead, I see 4 games that we should be able to win. (Cardinals, both Tampa games, Jaguars.), which would have us finish up 5-11.  Believing we have massively underachieved based upon our talent and with a reversion back towards the mean I could see us winning 8 or more games with a strong finish.  Trying to extrapolate a record based upon how you start can be a fools game.  (See the 5-0 start by the Redskins last year) now they are firing their HC.

Please don't tell me this lame team will win another 4 games and lose their chances at a franchise QB... 

Posted (edited)

If one constantly dwells on being at the bottom of the hill (digs a hole), he will only make the hill steeper to climb

Edited by jlrfalcon

42 minutes ago, autigerfan said:

Lol should be able to win and will win? Should be able to beat the Colts and Titans but got embarrassed in both. Cards finally got a win and may find some momentum. The Bucs may put up 55 points on the Falcons twice. The Jags are trending up with Minshew. The Falcons shouldn't be favored in any other those games other than them being the home team. 

5 wins is the best they'll do. I'm anticipating 3-13. Get on board. 

Goober Pyle likes this

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, vel said:

Lol should be able to win and will win? Should be able to beat the Colts and Titans but got embarrassed in both. Cards finally got a win and may find some momentum. The Bucs may put up 55 points on the Falcons twice. The Jags are trending up with Minshew. The Falcons shouldn't be favored in any other those games other than them being the home team. 

5 wins is the best they'll do. I'm anticipating 3-13. Get on board. 

I tend to be one of the optimists as well, but this team is even driving that out of me. Heck, we can't even suck at the right time. We are being outsucked by the Dolphins, Redskins, J-E-T-S, and Bengals....

:rolleyes:

Edited by Goober Pyle
vel likes this