Matt Ryan is not the problem but should be the problem solver.

6 minutes ago, Peteshweddy said:

Ok, so in your eyes, Ryan makes an amazing play as did Ridley.   But clearly Ryan should have done better. Lololol!

This comment is similar the one that says Ryan scored every TD this season except one rush TD from Ito.

We have a different definition of what it means to score a TD or making a wide open throw more difficult than it needs to be.

But I understand stan. When all is going bad you still need a hero

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You’re right. He was terrible in coverage and didn’t block Watt at all. Dude scores 4 touchdowns and you still want to point fingers at him. I hate some of these fans. 

Absolutely agree we should cut Ryan. He deserves to be on a team where the fans would actually appreciate that he is a very good QB. 

If we are going to consider Ryan a great QB then he needs to do what great QB's does. Make a play when the play breaks down. Great QB's sustain drives.   Oh, like the pass to Ridley for a to

1 minute ago, FinalScore2.0 said:

This comment is similar the one that says Ryan scored every TD this season except one rush TD from Ito.

We have a different definition of what it means to score a TD or making a wide open throw more difficult than it needs to be.

Are you okay?

1 minute ago, FinalScore2.0 said:

And despite two horrible performances by our defense, you clearly need your scapegoat; however, I expect there are far better choices to be made over Ryan as a scapegoat for this team’s woes. Oh well, to each his own.

2 hours ago, RiseUpcollegepark said:

If we are going to consider Ryan a great QB then he needs to do what great QB's does. Make a play when the play breaks down. Great QB's sustain drives. Many teams are struggling to run the ball. It is not just us. I watched Aaron Rodgers on several occasions this season run for 1st downs to keep drives alive. Russell Wilson does it often. In todays in NFL a QB must have MOBILITY inside & outside the pocket. This is in no way that I am saying that you need a running QB. Im saying QB's like Andrew Luck, Big Ben, **** even Tom Brady knows how to buy time. That is why Antonio/Ben were so good. They made big plays by Ben escaping the pocket. It is happening all over the NFL. Julio & Ridley cant get any slants, any comeback, just absolutely nothing in the middle of the field. Why? Because LB's are dropping 5-15 yards. Because Matt is not a threat to run we are forced to call a **** middle TE screen or middle screens to the RB which almost never works. Ppl wonder why Matt keeps dumping the ball of to the RB. When there is no threat of running then defenses can afford to drop LB's back & play bracket coverage on Julio & Ridley. Where Matt make his best throws are when he does a 3 step drop & gets it out & on bootlegs running to his right when he can throw back deep left, middle, or right. It is rare that something positive will happen when Matt roles out to the right. He just does not have the upper body strength to turn his torso & hit a WR. Matt must set then plant his feet to make a strong throw. We have a serious problem. Matt is definitely not our biggest issue but when most of our $ is invested on the offensive side of the ball we as fans expect the offense to overcome our defense deficiencies. For instance when the INDY game. The defense stop them 3 & out. And what did our offense do? Go 3 & out. We cannot afford to do that knowing that the defense is trash. Again, we have BIG PROBLEMS. Matt is not the biggest problem. But getting paid to be a problem solver or problem stopper we expect better. You can have all the yards, & completions pct, just stop going 3 & out & score some TD's & get a W. All that other $#@^ does not matter.

Is anyone else getting tired of all these low post hacks coming in with the neg Ryan bs? Who are these people?

I don’t know if y’all have thought about this, but looking at the Falcons poor personnel up front, the horrible run game, horrible defense, and horrible special teams. We are practically a near 0-16 team without Matt Ryan starting at QB each of the past 2 seasons. We have so many issues right now it’s unbelievable.

4 minutes ago, Peteshweddy said:

And despite two horrible performances by our defense, you clearly need your scapegoat; however, I expect there are far better choices to be made over Ryan as a scapegoat for this team’s woes. Oh well, to each his own.

Nope. I never said he is the only problem or the biggest problem. I do say he isn't exempt from the problem. I always say it's a team that win or lose... as a collective.

The tread is Ryan is not the problem but should be the problem solver as if he is exempt from this fiasco but should be the savior. This is nonsense.

12 minutes ago, FinalScore2.0 said:

That was not a difficult catch. Not by any definition. 

If Ridley drops it there is no one who going to say “yeah, well that was a really difficult catch to make”

I was addressing your closing sentence.  When you insinuated one needs a hero.  I am through with you for now.  Too nice a day outside to get bogged down in other people’s negativities. Have a good one. :)

19 minutes ago, FinalScore2.0 said:

12 minutes ago, Peteshweddy said:

1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

When you stopped caring after Vick took us so far?

Lol

2007 was a worse year nice try tho.

they couldn't even fill the stadium for the opening national game against philly.  boring product that nobody cares about...   nobody cares.  newness of the new stadium has worn off.  nobody cares. boring players, boring product.  

https://www.totalprosports.com/2018/12/16/falcons-fans-came-dressed-up-as-empty-seats-at-mercedes-benz-stadium-pics/

The Mercedes-Benz Stadium officially opened August 26, 2017 and just a little over a year later, the team is experiencing problems with fans coming out to support the team,especially during a rough 2018 season.

falcons.png

Edited by Spts1
26 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

they couldn't even fill the stadium for the opening national game against philly.  boring product that nobody cares about...   nobody cares.  newness of the new stadium has worn off.  nobody cares. boring players, boring product.  

https://www.totalprosports.com/2018/12/16/falcons-fans-came-dressed-up-as-empty-seats-at-mercedes-benz-stadium-pics/

The Mercedes-Benz Stadium officially opened August 26, 2017 and just a little over a year later, the team is experiencing problems with fans coming out to support the team,especially during a rough 2018 season.

falcons.png

As negative as it is, now you're getting to the root of my issues with Atlanta as a franchise.

It's a great stadium that contains a mediocre product. Out of the past 11 seasons, about 3 of them have been watchable. The others are boring, predictable, slow and uneventful. 28-3 only made that worse.

I HOPE we trade Ryan to a team that can win him the big one, hats off to them, because this franchise sure as **** can't and won't. 

I could name maybe 3 or 4 other franchises that have a product as consistently boring as ours.. Tampa, Jacksonville, Detroit and Cleveland..but even now Cleveland has a much more interesting product than us.

Our team is boring and everyone outside of these boards knows it. We were exciting in 2016, and semi-exciting in 2012 and 2017. It's pathetic.

People around here LOVE to **** on Vick, and the guy was never what he could've been but one things for sure: Atlanta had way more love for him than they did for Ryan and that's a FACT. The stadium used to go crazy for him, and we were constantly mediocre.

Julio is the only interesting and dominant skill position player on our team, that's not good man. 

41 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

falcons.png

Not an NFL city. A city full of transients that love their original NFL team before coming to Atlanta.

The more local fans care more about college and high school anyway. No wonder the expectation is for Matt to throw for 50 TDs a year.

7 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

As negative as it is, now you're getting to the root of my issues with Atlanta as a franchise.

It's a great stadium that contains a mediocre product. Out of the past 11 seasons, about 3 of them have been watchable. The others are boring, predictable, slow and uneventful. 28-3 only made that worse.

I HOPE we trade Ryan to a team that can win him the big one, hats off to them, because this franchise sure as **** can't and won't. 

I bet you agree with me that if the Falcons had won that Superbowl, then the fans wouldn't mind blank trotting out this boring product.  Fans could point at the championship and roll with this. But to have the nerve to blow that superbowl, charge $50,000 for some PSL seats AND trot that boring product out there?  As much as I like Julio, even his ugly " cross the finish line " celebration when he pretends to win a race on a long touchdown is boring and clumsy :lol:   boring players, ugly uniforms with a mish mash of colors going everywhere,  there is nothing to like about the team. 

The Braves have simple, classic Milwaukee Braves uniforms and a winning history.  The Falcons are just everywhere on the map...:lol:

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Not an NFL city. A city full of transients that love their original NFL team before coming to Atlanta.

The more local fans care more about college and high school anyway. No wonder the expectation is for Matt to throw for 50 TDs a year.

Transients yes, but they WILL show up for a exciting product that is national. Vick proved that.  Whether you like Vick or not, when the Falcons got Vick, the value of the franchise both financially and marketing wise went up. The Falcons couldn't even sell out a home game before Vick.   The fans have become JADED with the current product and blowing that Superbowl just sealed it for those " transient " fans you are talking about.  Folks get behind a team that is winning or has exciting players regardless of where they are from.  The Falcons have never given those types of fans a reason to abandon the teams they like before they moved to Atlanta.

10 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Not an NFL city. These fans care more about college and high school. No wonder the expectation is for Matt to throw for 50 TDs a year.

They seemed to care when Vick was in town and he wasn't throwing 50 TDs per season. Maybe the team/product is boring and it's not the fans?

also, ticket prices are way too expensive.

5 hours ago, Peteshweddy said:

If we are going to consider Ryan a great QB then he needs to do what great QB's does. Make a play when the play breaks down. Great QB's sustain drives.

Oh, like the pass to Ridley for a touchdown when the play broke down.

I’m not sure I saw a single play on the last two drives that didn’t break down. JJ might as well have pitched a tent next to Matt as quick as he was in the backfield.

6 hours ago, Peteshweddy said:

If we are going to consider Ryan a great QB then he needs to do what great QB's does. Make a play when the play breaks down. Great QB's sustain drives.

Oh, like the pass to Ridley for a touchdown when the play broke down.

People are sometimes clueless my friend. I have people arguing with me all the time. Talking about, he can't read defenses. Not knowing that a missed blocking assignment has nothing to do with that. Watt beat McGary a few times, but had a slight struggle. He went right after Wes, and had not problem at all.

2 hours ago, Spts1 said:

falcons.png

This is only for punk fans like you. 

43 minutes ago, Oldmanfan said:

Matt Ryan pulled us up and has performed like a Hall of Famer in my opinion.  Best QB, and one of the best overall players, ever.

Nobody takes these goofy trolls seriously anyways.

Vandy is wearing them out like a cheap suit I noticed earlier.

We can all agree that MR has his faults but he’s also been considerably less fortunate when it comes to the support staff & coordinator stability over the years which only makes for a better case for him.

These trolls are disinterested in respect or fairness to MR.  They’re just angry losers working to incite folks.  

2 hours ago, Spts1 said:

Transients yes, but they WILL show up for a exciting product that is national. Vick proved that.  Whether you like Vick or not, when the Falcons got Vick, the value of the franchise both financially and marketing wise went up. The Falcons couldn't even sell out a home game before Vick.   The fans have become JADED with the current product and blowing that Superbowl just sealed it for those " transient " fans you are talking about.  Folks get behind a team that is winning or has exciting players regardless of where they are from.  The Falcons have never given those types of fans a reason to abandon the teams they like before they moved to Atlanta.

Blame PSLs. Falcons made more money since Vick than with him. Product was fine before 2018 struck and the PSLs with them.

7 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Nobody takes these goofy trolls seriously anyways.

Vandy is wearing them out like a cheap suit I noticed earlier.

We can all agree that MR has his faults but he’s also been considerably less fortunate when it comes to the support staff & coordinator stability over the years which only makes for a better case for him.

These trolls are disinterested in respect or fairness to MR.  They’re just angry losers working to incite folks.  

But at least Vick was an exciting loser compares to Ryan era Falcons!! :lol: