Matt Ryan is not the problem but should be the problem solver.

If we are going to consider Ryan a great QB then he needs to do what great QB's does. Make a play when the play breaks down. Great QB's sustain drives. Many teams are struggling to run the ball. It is not just us. I watched Aaron Rodgers on several occasions this season run for 1st downs to keep drives alive. Russell Wilson does it often. In todays in NFL a QB must have MOBILITY inside & outside the pocket. This is in no way that I am saying that you need a running QB. Im saying QB's like Andrew Luck, Big Ben, **** even Tom Brady knows how to buy time. That is why Antonio/Ben were so good. They made big plays by Ben escaping the pocket. It is happening all over the NFL. Julio & Ridley cant get any slants, any comeback, just absolutely nothing in the middle of the field. Why? Because LB's are dropping 5-15 yards. Because Matt is not a threat to run we are forced to call a **** middle TE screen or middle screens to the RB which almost never works. Ppl wonder why Matt keeps dumping the ball of to the RB. When there is no threat of running then defenses can afford to drop LB's back & play bracket coverage on Julio & Ridley. Where Matt make his best throws are when he does a 3 step drop & gets it out & on bootlegs running to his right when he can throw back deep left, middle, or right. It is rare that something positive will happen when Matt roles out to the right. He just does not have the upper body strength to turn his torso & hit a WR. Matt must set then plant his feet to make a strong throw. We have a serious problem. Matt is definitely not our biggest issue but when most of our $ is invested on the offensive side of the ball we as fans expect the offense to overcome our defense deficiencies. For instance when the INDY game. The defense stop them 3 & out. And what did our offense do? Go 3 & out. We cannot afford to do that knowing that the defense is trash. Again, we have BIG PROBLEMS. Matt is not the biggest problem. But getting paid to be a problem solver or problem stopper we expect better. You can have all the yards, & completions pct, just stop going 3 & out & score some TD's & get a W. All that other $#@^ does not matter.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You’re right. He was terrible in coverage and didn’t block Watt at all. Dude scores 4 touchdowns and you still want to point fingers at him. I hate some of these fans. 

Absolutely agree we should cut Ryan. He deserves to be on a team where the fans would actually appreciate that he is a very good QB. 

If we are going to consider Ryan a great QB then he needs to do what great QB's does. Make a play when the play breaks down. Great QB's sustain drives.   Oh, like the pass to Ridley for a to

Of the teams ranked bottom five in rushing: Jets, Dolphins, Bengals, Pittsburgh and Falcons here is the ranking of 3rd down conversation%.

Jets: 32 Miami: 30, Pitt: 29th, Cinci: 17th

Atlanta?. They are in the top 10. 7th in fact. Out of the bottom 10 teams in rushing the only team with a better 3rd down converssion% is Kansas City who is at 48% compared to our 47%.

We are also ranked second in total passing, 3rd in TD passes, top 10 in Time of possession per drive, top 5 in yards per drive. After Houston game we should be top 15 in points per drive. (before Houston we were 20th, at 1.84, according to me after Houston we should be at 2.08 which would rank around 12th.) Not to mention PPD would almost certainly be improved if our starting field position was better than at the 21 yard line which is second worst in the entire league. 

But yes, Matt Ryan sucks and we should trade him. I'm sure the rookie that takes over for him will be able to get us to convert 50% of our third downs on 3 and 8 all game and get us averaging 30ppg starting every single drive from our own 20 with no hint of a running game, and getting the ball on average 9 to 10 times a game (which is also ranked second to last in the NFL). 

Didn’t Ryan throw 2 TDs yesterday outside of the pocket on broken plays?

If your QB can score 4 TDs with no run game and you give up 6 TDs on Defense...allowing 40+?

Kindve like that 5 TD/0 INT game vs Saints from Ryan last season??

Ya.

We need a Defense.

And the forum needs better trolls than this.

1 hour ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Best thing Ryan can do for the homers still attached to his gold jacket dreams is go to lens crafters asap

You mean 2 TDs outside the pocket yesterday didn’t happen?

The only thing in this thread is haters and truth tellers.

I know where you already side tho.

Keep that fake pride.

5 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

Absolutely agree we should cut Ryan. He deserves to be on a team where the fans would actually appreciate that he is a very good QB. 

In fairness to our fans it's tough to appreciate Matt when the opposing QBs all put up Aaron Rodgers "having the game of the year during his prime" numbers against us. People think that these QBs look like that week in week out I guess. 

12 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

If your QB can score 4 TDs with no run game and you give up 6 TDs on Defense...allowing 40+?

Ya.

We need a Defense.

In the game thread I predicted the offense was going to get heat for not scoring a TD every time they touched the ball.... I made this prediction in the 1st quarter.

I don't know why I'm surprised that when in 2 different games the defense stops both teams from scoring only 2 times combined people blame the offense.

4 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Ya.

We need a Defense.

^^^^^^^^^ This!  Guess that kinda destroys your narrative, considering the above is a small example of Ryan doing what you claim “Great” quarterbacks do when a play breaks down... Like taking candy from a baby Ergo. :lol:

1 hour ago, Peteshweddy said:

If we are going to consider Ryan a great QB then he needs to do what great QB's does. Make a play when the play breaks down. Great QB's sustain drives.

Oh, like the pass to Ridley for a touchdown when the play broke down.

In all fairness, Ridley didn't have a defender within 7 yards of him and he still had to stretch out and get 2 toes down for the TD. That pass should never have been that difficult to catch.

10 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

In the game thread I predicted the offense was going to get heat for not scoring a TD every time they touched the ball.... in the 1st quarter.

I don't know why I'm surprised that when in 2 different games the defense stops both teams from scoring only 2 times combined people blame the offense.

Not to mention we routinely have to convert 1 or 2-20s in order to score. Our average third to go was like 9 yards. We averaged less than 3 yards per rush, and we only started one drive over our own 25-yard line. But I guess 32 points, under those circumstances, is the QB not getting the job done in the strange troll-verse that is TATF.

Oh, also doing this while JJ Watt had the fourth highest pass rush win rate for any player in NFL this season hurrying (or hitting) Ryan on 48% of pass plays. But yea, imagine if we had a mobiel QB, we would have scored 50 and won the game! 

Edited by Dr Long Shot
3 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

In fairness to our fans it's tough to appreciate Matt when the opposing QBs all put up Aaron Rodgers "having the game of the year during his prime" numbers against us. People think that these QBs look like that week in week out I guess. 

Maybe. But if you’re going to be willfully ignorant, expect to be treated that way I guess. 

My curiosity at this point lies moreso in how Blank & Dimitrioff emphasized gaining skill position players over gaining scheme-based players? Matt's been in Atlanta for over ten years and they've never thought to draft a guard who's athletic and weighs more than 320 until now? Matt's above average but he's not elite enough arm talent to carry a team and yet we are paying him as if he is. That's another scheme adverse decision imo. Soooo many scheme-adverse decisions??? Instead of building off of turns in good fortune like drafting Matt or Grady or having Shanahan come in and teach his scheme personally we see them smugly act as if they've got it all figured out time & time again when I know Falcon fans making less than a 100k a year that could make better football decisions? Consider me appalled but not surprised. The new stadium SHOULD have come with a new CULTURE. One that SHOULD be in enforced primarily by a "No Sacred Cows" rule. Instead we see an outfit full of fake as fuccccn sacred cows! YOU GUYS COULD MAKE ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD! YOU STILL SUCK! ARTHUR BLANK INCLUDED. Stop paying so dang on much focusing on players and totally leaving SCHEME & CULTURE for later! DQ IS NOT THE CULTURE HE IS AN EMULATOR! DIRK KOETTER IS NOT THE CULTURE AND NEVER HAS BEEN! Arthur needs to figure this ish out. We have a culture issue in Atlanta. THAT is the problem. Same issue I've seen here for YEEEEAAAARRRRSSS. Thank God for the Braves & Atl United SMH. Embarrassing to be a fan of this bs right now calling itself professional football. 

5 minutes ago, FinalScore2.0 said:

In all fairness, Ridley didn't have a defender within 7 yards of him and he still had to stretch out and get 2 toes down for the TD. That pass should never have been that difficult to catch.

Ok, so in your eyes, Ryan makes an amazing play as did Ridley.   But clearly Ryan should have done better. Lololol!

11 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

In the game thread I predicted the offense was going to get heat for not scoring a TD every time they touched the ball.... I made this prediction in the 1st quarter.

Yep.

When I saw that 3rd down Watson fumble; literally the only hit on him all game, but he could run after, pick up, and get a first down without being contested by a single defender before that...it was a really bad sign for the game.

And people wonder why we can’t get sacks on Defense?

1 hour ago, BirdFan33 said:

You’re right. He was terrible in coverage and didn’t block Watt at all. Dude scores 4 touchdowns and you still want to point fingers at him. I hate some of these fans. 

The only thing worse than what I see on the field is some of the logic coming from this board. Its getting so ridiculous that I can't even tell apart the sarcasm anymore. Send help. 

Are we just going to pretend Ryan didn't score all 4 TDs yesterday? In fact. He's scored every TD this season except one rush TD from Ito. He looks like the only one who gives a **** out there. I'm really really liking the idea of Ryan getting traded to a team that gives a ****. Y'all gonna act like Ryan hasn't turned this abomination of a franchise into something respectable for most of his career. He can only do so much though. The Falcons as a franchise were and have always been one of the leagues most pathetic teams. God bless him for gracing y'all with more than a few winning seasons and playoff runs.

Here's to hoping he gets traded so this team cam return to the cellar for good

3 minutes ago, likeriver said:

Are we just going to pretend Ryan didn't score all 4 TDs yesterday? In fact. He's scored every TD this season except one rush TD from Ito. He looks like the only one who gives a **** out there. I'm really really liking the idea of Ryan getting traded to a team that gives a ****. Y'all gonna act like Ryan hasn't turned this abomination of a franchise into something respectable for most of his career. He can only do so much though. The Falcons as a franchise were and have always been one of the leagues most pathetic teams. God bless him for gracing y'all with more than a few winning seasons and playoff runs.

Here's to hoping he gets traded so this team cam return to the cellar for good

Didn’t you remember how HE lost us SB51?

Good riddance.

Meanwhile, goes to Saints next year when Brees and Bridgewater are gone and they go 19-0 and win a SB.

I’d believe it could happen, too. And we as fans would deserve every bit of it because we wanted him gone.

”Some” of that “we”...

He’ll get a ring and Falcons will still have “28-3” memes.