The Falcons give a different FEEL than when you watch other teams. Falcon football has a different FEEL to it

This is not an IQ thing, so don't try to reason it out. Do NOT use logic. 

This is an EQ thing. Try to FEEL it when you watch the Falcons then watch another team. 

EQ stands for emotional intelligence. Yes, there are other kinds of intelligences other than logic (IQ). Google it. 

For EXMAPLE, the Colts just showed tonight that both sides of the their team compliment each other. Colts have a lot of people injured on their defense and they just shut down KC and the offense helped by running the ball down KC's throat. (Side note: Wish we played that kind of football last in the last quarter in the SB...). Colts went to KC and DOMINATED that kind of an offense on their own turfs! 

That team just FEELS different. You can FEEL it when you watch the Falcons...some people try to DESCRIBE what they're FEELING and label the Falcons "soft." People who have high IQs will try to UNDERSTAND this (use their brains and try to rationalize) vs people who have high EQ will FEEL it, literally, in their GUT. People with high IQs, trust me on this!

Logical, high IQ ppl, try to REASON feelings (which are opposite things!) and ask for data or stats (which is a LOGICAL set of principles!) that doesn't exist BECAUSE it can't be measured, therefore, cannot be provided. But that doesn't mean it doesn't exist!

I think most of us can tell that this team has played lethargically. It’s the same type of feel that was exuded in our 5 game losing streak last year. It took us making some plays against the cardinals defensively to get out of the funk and win the last three games. Maybe it happens next week, but I completely doubt that. Look around the league and you see a lot of winning teams that play with attitude and a sense of swagger and pride. This team had already quit after 3 weeks into the season. Idk how the **** you do that, but that’s what they’ve done. 

Conclusion: the Falcons play a different FEEL of football. For people with high IQ, this is not pessimistic or given up. Don't try to use IQ and say things like "things can turn around any given sunday" or "you guys are debbie downers or not real fans". Some fans watch the Falcons with emotion, not with logic. 

The Falcons are done this year. Don't hold hope that things will turn around unless there are major changes. That's not pessimism, that high EQ (or "realism"). 

This season is finished, even if they rally. 

2 hours ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

This is an EQ thing. Try to FEEL it when you watch the Falcons then watch another team. 

EQ stands for emotional intelligence. Yes, there are other kinds of intelligences other than logic (IQ). Google it. 

For EXMAPLE, the Colts just showed tonight that both sides of the their team compliment each other. Colts have a lot of people injured on their defense and they just shut down KC and the offense helped by running the ball down KC's throat. (Side note: Wish we played that kind of football last in the last quarter in the SB...). Colts went to KC and DOMINATED that kind of an offense on their own turfs! 

That team just FEELS different. You can FEEL it when you watch the Falcons...some people try to DESCRIBE what they're FEELING and label the Falcons "soft." People who have high IQs will try to UNDERSTAND this (use their brains and try to rationalize) vs people who have high EQ will FEEL it, literally, in their GUT. People with high IQs, trust me on this!

Logical, high IQ ppl, try to REASON feelings (which are opposite things!) and ask for data or stats (which is a LOGICAL set of principles!) that doesn't exist BECAUSE it can't be measured, therefore, cannot be provided. But that doesn't mean it doesn't exist!

Of course, I totally get it.  Told my son today Falcons biggest problem is the confidence with which other teams come in against us.  They believe they're going to beat us...not just us...they believe, every one, that they're going to beat the man in front of them.  When your opponent has that kind of confidence against you, it's hard to overcome that.  They play better, knowing they're going to beat you.  

We don't scare anybody; we don't intimidate anybody; we don't inspire confidence in ourselves, and we make the other team...even if they're a team of losers...feel like they can beeat the brakes off us.  It IS disheartening to watch inferior teams celebrate, laugh, and whoop it up at our expense.  we offer no resistance.  We're justa bunch puzzies.  Period.

I remember a couple years back an opponent we were about to play said that the Falcons were a finesse team...and we ended up getting beat by them. They knew we were soft. I know what you're saying with this post because every time I watch a game it's like something is missing with the way this team plays their opponents. We play down to their level which always explains the close games but once they figure out what we're doing they adjust to take us out (start punching us in the mouth) and we try to fight back but we end up getting overwhelmed and then it starts to get out of hand. The Steelers game from last year explains a lot of this. They had their way with this team that game and did any and everything they wanted. They found our weak spots and exploited the crap out of em and we had no answers after the Sanu score. We showed cojones in the years we had Turner and the Titans game where we could actually tell our opponents "You can't f****** stop it." Right now this team has no identity. 

There’s only one time I ever knew beforehand that I was going to see a dominant team, and felt like I was watching a dominant team and that was the weeks leading up to the Super Bowl and the 2.5 quarters before 28-3.

The entire franchise needs a culture change.  It needs a new identity.

5 hours ago, Hard2BaBirdWachr said:

I remember a couple years back an opponent we were about to play said that the Falcons were a finesse team...and we ended up getting beat by them. They knew we were soft. I know what you're saying with this post because every time I watch a game it's like something is missing with the way this team plays their opponents. We play down to their level which always explains the close games but once they figure out what we're doing they adjust to take us out (start punching us in the mouth) and we try to fight back but we end up getting overwhelmed and then it starts to get out of hand. The Steelers game from last year explains a lot of this. They had their way with this team that game and did any and everything they wanted. They found our weak spots and exploited the crap out of em and we had no answers after the Sanu score. We showed cojones in the years we had Turner and the Titans game where we could actually tell our opponents "You can't f****** stop it." Right now this team has no identity. 

TBH we've been this way since we lost Dahl and Clabo and went for "explosiveness". That seemed to be the turning point. 

This feel has been breed in to us because of the many years of ups and downs with this team. It is a emotional love and hate thing. Since I have been with this team since inception I have become to expect it to lose, and have a great emotional swing when they win. It's very hard to describe. When they came out in the SB and tanked against the Patriots it's what I expected, not saying what I wanted. But it has been breed in to me to expect it. It sorta like being brainwashed I guess. You see it so much that's what you expect. I never listen to prognosticators (soothsayers) they try to build you up or tear you down, this team has done enough of that for me. I will remain a Falcons fan until I die and take the wins when they come and the losses are to be expected more so than the wins. I don't take games so seriously though I've learned not to because of the Falcons. 

4 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

its just a lack of creativity and effort.  If Texans feel Falcons defense is predictable and we do the same thing over and over, we have our answer.  Same with the offense, we probably do the same things there as well. This team is just too predictable 

Gamblers constantly search opponents for a "tell" or predictable decisions. Maybe we need a mental side consultant with football knowledge that could spot some of our tendences that we somehow telegraph. It does seem many times other teams have our playbook; D and O.

10 hours ago, Falconcheff said:

Of course, I totally get it.  Told my son today Falcons biggest problem is the confidence with which other teams come in against us.  They believe they're going to beat us...not just us...they believe, every one, that they're going to beat the man in front of them.  When your opponent has that kind of confidence against you, it's hard to overcome that.  They play better, knowing they're going to beat you.  

We don't scare anybody; we don't intimidate anybody; we don't inspire confidence in ourselves, and we make the other team...even if they're a team of losers...feel like they can beeat the brakes off us.  It IS disheartening to watch inferior teams celebrate, laugh, and whoop it up at our expense.  we offer no resistance.  We're justa bunch puzzies.  Period.

It's hard to beat anyone when they KNOW they can beat you. I live in New Orleans and the Saints fans KNOW they can beat us. And to be honest with you...I don't blame them for thinking this way. The Saints have undergone a cultural change that I think the Falcons need to learn from. I hate to say it but that starts with Drew Brees and Sean Payton.

9 hours ago, Hard2BaBirdWachr said:

It's one thing to say that injuries were a factor last yr. But I agree with you, no team should have their way with another team in the NFL. 

9 hours ago, ukfalc said:

I’ve felt differently watching us for years - as if other teams and players simply make the game look much easier.than us. We make the routine look difficult. I’ve even felt that way about players like Julio and Matt..

100% agree. Even guys with elite skill set seem to have to work harder than they should. 

8 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

There’s only one time I ever knew beforehand that I was going to see a dominant team, and felt like I was watching a dominant team and that was the weeks leading up to the Super Bowl and the 2.5 quarters before 28-3.

The entire franchise needs a culture change.  It needs a new identity.

Were you surprised that our team unfolded in the SB? A lot of us actually expected it and they did it. This goes deeper than one game or one season. 

4 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

its just a lack of creativity and effort.  If Texans feel Falcons defense is predictable and we do the same thing over and over, we have our answer.  Same with the offense, we probably do the same things there as well. This team is just too predictable 

This goes a lot deeper than just this week. I'll be crazy enough and say this goes deeper than DQ. 

tl;dr: Use your emotional intelligence, not your IQ when evaluating how the players are performing when watching the Falcons then compare it to another team. Those games have a different FEEL and logic/stats won't tell that story. I FELT this in preseason!!!

Hate to say it but this goes deeper than DQ. He needs to go but we need major changes/competition at EVERY position. 

12 hours ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

Yep. You're not lying. Seeing them in person last week vs the Titans, it's a different feeling. I felt kind of helpless watching it because it's so bad. And I'm a IQ type of guy. I fully get what you're saying. It's bad. I don't see any way this team bounces back. 

Not enough dogs on the team in general. The downside of the Vick debacle is Blank is down right frightened of adding any players with that edge. That walk and talk tough guy who will have this team pissed off on Sundays. You've rarely seen us add those types of guys in the last decade. Asante and Abe may be the only ones. DQ doesn't even have those kinds of guys. Everybody on defense is nice. Everybody on offense is nice. Even the Pats add those guys here and there because they know why. Jamie Collins is a head case, but he's in NE because he helps bring that edge. That "I'll get in your face" type of guy. That doesn't exist in Atlanta. 

12 minutes ago, vel said:

Yep. You're not lying. Seeing them in person last week vs the Titans, it's a different feeling. I felt kind of helpless watching it because it's so bad. And I'm a IQ type of guy. I fully get what you're saying. It's bad. I don't see any way this team bounces back. 

Not enough dogs on the team in general. The downside of the Vick debacle is Blank is down right frightened of adding any players with that edge. That walk and talk tough guy who will have this team pissed off on Sundays. You've rarely seen us add those types of guys in the last decade. Asante and Abe may be the only ones. DQ doesn't even have those kinds of guys. Everybody on defense is nice. Everybody on offense is nice. Even the Pats add those guys here and there because they know why. Jamie Collins is a head case, but he's in NE because he helps bring that edge. That "I'll get in your face" type of guy. That doesn't exist in Atlanta. 

I agree the problem maybe much, much bigger than DQ and TD. 

It's who Blank has trusted with the decision. HE is in a bad emotional state. And he's hiring people who are good not at evaluating "head cases with an edge". 

I think you're right he doesn't want a Vick type debacle (or Antonio Brown or Aaron Hernandez type worst case scenarios anymore...the Pats have those often because that's the kinda people they like and are good at managing them or moving on from them!!!), which puts us in a big handicap. 

This is what ppl with high EQ call, "the culture" 

4 minutes ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

I agree the problem maybe much, much bigger than DQ and TD. 

It's who Blank has trusted with the decision. HE is in a bad emotional state. And he's hiring people who are good not at evaluating "head cases with an edge". 

I think you're right he doesn't want a Vick type debacle (or Antonio Brown or Aaron Hernandez type worst case scenarios anymore...the Pats have those often because that's the kinda people they like and are good at managing them or moving on from them!!!), which puts us in a big handicap. 

This is what ppl with high EQ call, "the culture" 

Yep. It's a culture problem. Blank's big miss on the stadium is a big part of it. Showed where his values lie. He wants to put on a show and keep his Falcons out of negative spotlight from the players. He's catering to corporate types who only know points and final scores. The problem is this funnels down to how the team is built and operates. It's why the defense always sucks. He's not here for defense. He wants the offensive fireworks. That's what the casual fan enjoys and understands. The problem is he keeps hiring defensive minded HCs who don't have the bandwidth to truly invest in the defense like it should be. 

Defensive players are naturally more edgy players. It comes with that side of the ball. Having played defense my whole life, you have to have a different mindset to be good on that side of the ball. With the deck stacked against you, you have to be a downright violent fighter. Look at all of the great defensive players. They all toed that line and at times crossed it. We don't have a single player that gets close to it. That's why nobody is held accountable. When I played, anybody that blew a coverage knew they were gonna have to deal with it on the sideline. It wasn't to embarrass you, but to let you know that shlt won't slide and we were too good for that. You saw the Seahawks would have moments like that and the media would blow it out of proportion. It wasn't because they hated each other, it was because somebody wasn't living up to the LOB standard. 

This defense in particular is full of quiet, happy go lucky guys. Tru is soft spoken. Oliver is a borderline mute. Rico is a leader but limited in what he can truly do. Debo is a nice guy who wants his play to do the talking. Campbell sucks. Vic is trash. Grady is similar to Rico. Takk is needs a leader to feed off of. Kazee is similar to Takk. After that, nothing really. 

The Panthers defense is good because of Luke Kuechly. Saints led by Cameron Jordan. Even Zadarius and Preston Smith made it their mission to turn the culture of defense around in Green Bay. The Falcons lack defensive leaders with an edge. Bunch of nice guys. It's worse than what it was under Smitty. That's why I blame culture. Because DQ came up around these fiery guys and we haven't sniffed a single one. 

2 minutes ago, vel said:

Yep. It's a culture problem. Blank's big miss on the stadium is a big part of it. Showed where his values lie. He wants to put on a show and keep his Falcons out of negative spotlight from the players. He's catering to corporate types who only know points and final scores. The problem is this funnels down to how the team is built and operates. It's why the defense always sucks. He's not here for defense. He wants the offensive fireworks. That's what the casual fan enjoys and understands. The problem is he keeps hiring defensive minded HCs who don't have the bandwidth to truly invest in the defense like it should be. 

Defensive players are naturally more edgy players. It comes with that side of the ball. Having played defense my whole life, you have to have a different mindset to be good on that side of the ball. With the deck stacked against you, you have to be a downright violent fighter. Look at all of the great defensive players. They all toed that line and at times crossed it. We don't have a single player that gets close to it. That's why nobody is held accountable. When I played, anybody that blew a coverage knew they were gonna have to deal with it on the sideline. It wasn't to embarrass you, but to let you know that shlt won't slide and we were too good for that. You saw the Seahawks would have moments like that and the media would blow it out of proportion. It wasn't because they hated each other, it was because somebody wasn't living up to the LOB standard. 

This defense in particular is full of quiet, happy go lucky guys. Tru is soft spoken. Oliver is a borderline mute. Rico is a leader but limited in what he can truly do. Debo is a nice guy who wants his play to do the talking. Campbell sucks. Vic is trash. Grady is similar to Rico. Takk is needs a leader to feed off of. Kazee is similar to Takk. After that, nothing really. 

The Panthers defense is good because of Luke Kuechly. Saints led by Cameron Jordan. Even Zadarius and Preston Smith made it their mission to turn the culture of defense around in Green Bay. The Falcons lack defensive leaders with an edge. Bunch of nice guys. It's worse than what it was under Smitty. That's why I blame culture. Because DQ came up around these fiery guys and we haven't sniffed a single one. 

The worst part? I can't really see it changing. I'd love for it to happen, but why would it?

2 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

The worst part? I can't really see it changing. I'd love for it to happen, but why would it?

Oh it's not. Go get a top OC to be the HC and just be an offensive juggernaut and pray we catch lightning in a bottle once or twice with the defense before Matt retires. Odds of that are very low, but at least build an offensive identity. They haven't even gotten that right in the decade we've had with Matt. He's the only QB in the league like that. Again, part of the problem. 

I've been a fan since i was born. It's impossible for me to root for anyone other than this team. 

Growing up in Atlanta, I watched many many folks either jump ship to a winning squad or never get down in the first place. "The Falcons are sorry" was always the first thing out.

But here's what stings....

The teams that many of them jumped to, have gone on to win Superbowls. Some even ended up with multiple HOFers and turned into dynasties.

Over 40 years of dedicated support, and what i got in return can only be described as some kind of "severe emotional sports trauma". Its amazing!

I see other teams and say; "why didn't we do that"? I often watch games in silence as if its a drama or documentary. I rarely watch in public. That's a recipe for disaster.

The games have always felt like watching a mediocre college team with occasional talent to pass through.

Im even beginning to feel a little shame about the stadium too. Especially while N.O. contiues to excell while still playin games in that murder toilet of a dome they got.

What new gods do we need to make sacrifices to in order for this **** to change?

Falcon fandom is hard, my friends .

5 hours ago, since68andcounting said:

TBH we've been this way since we lost Dahl and Clabo and went for "explosiveness". That seemed to be the turning point. 

I remember when I used to feel good about seeing Turner running through defenses. I used to feel a little sorry for most defense because I sure wouldn’t want to have to step in front of the burner with a full head of steam. 

Now our starting HB is a scatback. Enough said.