ChickenBiscuit

I legit think we should package and ship picks in order to get rid of Trufant and Freeman.

28 posts in this topic

There is absolutely no reason for a new coach to be dealing with two mediocre players on top-money contracts. Even if we have to give away a 5th and next years 6th or some ****, we should do it just to get rid of the cap hit. 

Seriously, we have way too many guys that have overstayed their visits and are riding off of past glory alone. Trufant isn't the answer and he ain't worth the money we're paying him and Freeman is just a drive killer at this point.

If we finish with a top 5ish pick, then we should just find a way to get rid of them. They're terrible and are soaking up valuable resources. They don't need to be on this roster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

Lol. I agree on Freeman but Tru was the only player that looked decent in secondary. There is long list of players before Tru. I would start with firing DC right away.

I’m with you. Freeman sure no doubt he isn’t as good as his price but for Tru I’d wait...for now.

falcons007 and GhostofGritz like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Freeman - a solution waiting (Ito? Ollison? Hill?)

Trufant - no real solution until next year's draft or maybe FA?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Lol. I agree on Freeman but Tru was the only player that looked decent in secondary. There is long list of players before Tru. I would start with firing DC right away.

All the more reason to trade his ***. We can ship him off before his trade value declines any further. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jlrfalcon said:

Freeman - a solution waiting (Ito? Ollison? Hill?)

Trufant - no real solution until next year's draft or maybe FA?

 

We need a big money FA, preferably a DB who can actually jump routes and create turnovers. We haven't had that since Asante Samuels.

I'm tired of these budget savvy, bargain bin offseasons that TD is so "good" at, we need one splash signing at least. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

A trade wouldn't really help with Freeman's contract though as the signing bonus hit would stay with the Falcons.

No one would want Freeman's contract so he would have no trade value.  

Most likely outcome is that Freeman gets released by the Falcons after Jun 1.

Edited by JeffAtl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Lol. I agree on Freeman but Tru was the only player that looked decent in secondary. There is long list of players before Tru. I would start with firing DC right away.

Tru was beaten deep on the TD that drove the nail in the coffin.

GhostofGritz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, since68andcounting said:

Tru was beaten deep on the TD that drove the nail in the coffin.

It was trick play, actually great play call to sell the run and throw. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, since68andcounting said:

Tru was beaten deep on the TD that drove the nail in the coffin.

That was definitely bad, but in defense of Tru, he had the initial route covered. Then Will Fuller dropped a free style on him and busted the coverage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This isn't the NBA or MLB, teams aren't taking on those contracts with a 5th/6th round pick. They're sunk costs at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, EddieK said:

This isn't the NBA or MLB, teams aren't taking on those contracts with a 5th/6th round pick. They're sunk costs at this point.

The Browns did it with osweiler and got a 3rd rounder I think? So it has been done. Very rarely tho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would go further and trade every player with value over 30.  Build your team around Grady, d Jones, Ridley, hooper and our two new Olineman.  Everyone else, bye, bye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

I would go further and trade every player with value over 30.  Build your team around Grady, d Jones, Ridley, hooper and our two new Olineman.  Everyone else, bye, bye

Man, I'd be so excited with a full rebuild but I don't think AB would be down for it. He's 77 years old and wants a ring sooner than later. He's been at it for some time now.

Tmodel66 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Man, I'd be so excited with a full rebuild but I don't think AB would be down for it. He's 77 years old and wants a ring sooner than later. He's been at it for some time now.

I never thought I would want a full rebuild but after today.  I really think that is what we need.  Quinn is in way over his head.  We need a coach with GM powers.  I love Ryan and Julio but Ryan has so many changes it is wearing on him.  Koetter is an idiot running an outdated scheme.  Ryan is trying his best but I just think he is done.  Julio needs to be on a team that can improvise.  I would see if KC would trade a first for him, or the Seahawks.  By Mack, by Vick, bye Beasley bye Matthews.  Take the picks you can get and go get a offensive line that can move the pile and find a six one, 230 pound back that can run hard down hill.  Find a decent mobile QBs and some 2 or third rd receivers to compliment Ridley and Hooper and spend everything else on defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

I never thought I would want a full rebuild but after today.  I really think that is what we need.  Quinn is in way over his head.  We need a coach with GM powers.  I love Ryan and Julio but Ryan has so many changes it is wearing on him.  Koetter is an idiot running an outdated scheme.  Ryan is trying his best but I just think he is done.  Julio needs to be on a team that can improvise.  I would see if KC would trade a first for him, or the Seahawks.  By Mack, by Vick, bye Beasley bye Matthews.  Take the picks you can get and go get a offensive line that can move the pile and find a six one, 230 pound back that can run hard down hill.  Find a decent mobile QBs and some 2 or third rd receivers to compliment Ridley and Hooper and spend everything else on defense.

Julio isn't winning a Super Bowl in Atlanta. He should've gotten a ring when he made that circus catch on the last drive but we ****** it up. By the time we have a team capable, he's going to be upwards of 33 and on the decline. Ryan will be 36 in 2021.

As tragic an ending as it would be for their stories in Atlanta, I'd straight up rather trade them to teams worth a **** than squander their few prime years they have left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, quotemokc said:

Why we would trade our best OL in Matthews?

Yeah, he's apart of the core IMO. Even in full rebuild mode, you would want to protect your QB. We defend Ryan tooth and nail because "QBs are rare" but so are good LTs. The guy gets penalized a fair amount, but he's competent and still has a lot of gas left in the tank.

quotemokc likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ChickenBiscuit said:

Julio isn't winning a Super Bowl in Atlanta. He should've gotten a ring when he made that circus catch on the last drive but we ****** it up. By the time we have a team capable, he's going to be upwards of 33 and on the decline. Ryan will be 36 in 2021.

As tragic an ending as it would be for their stories in Atlanta, I'd straight up rather trade them to teams worth a **** than squander their few prime years they have left.

Yeah, I love those guys but their not going to win anything here and the sad fact is we could get first rounders for them today.  But it’s the falcons, we will run them into the ground for nothing and have nothing in return.

ChickenBiscuit likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Yeah, he's apart of the core IMO. Even in full rebuild mode, you would want to protect your QB. We defend Ryan tooth and nail because "QBs are rare" but so are good LTs. The guy gets penalized a fair amount, but he's competent and still has a lot of gas left in the tank.

Yeah, maybe keep Matthews.  I’m not thrilled with his performance this year but I think a lot of that is the **** scheme we are running.  He is still relatively young.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friendly advice from a DAL fan: Try and trade Takk before his value crashes and burns, a la Taco Charlton. Looks like he could potentially be a BIG problem in the locker room, as he clearly appears unhappy, there were warning signs present with Taco for a while. At least Takk has shown flashes, and I can see a contender desperate for DL help biting. Doesn't look like he has any desire or passion. At this point, pile up picks and tank for good draft position. Completely rebuild the DL (while obviously keeping Grady). 

GhostofGritz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We absolutely should jump the Jalen Ramsey potential trade by diluting the market with Trufant. Call Philly or KC immediately and see what mid rounder they'd part with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

There is absolutely no reason for a new coach to be dealing with two mediocre players on top-money contracts. Even if we have to give away a 5th and next years 6th or some ****, we should do it just to get rid of the cap hit. 

Seriously, we have way too many guys that have overstayed their visits and are riding off of past glory alone. Trufant isn't the answer and he ain't worth the money we're paying him and Freeman is just a drive killer at this point.

If we finish with a top 5ish pick, then we should just find a way to get rid of them. They're terrible and are soaking up valuable resources. They don't need to be on this roster.

Ever heard of dead cap?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now