caponine

Im Confused About This Defense

99 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

The message has been lost somewhere in translation.Blame like TD is blamed for everything to do with the Falcons like not enough mustard on hot dogs at Benz it goes with the job title.

So how come we are at the bottom if the accumulated decisions of TD and DQ and staff are so spot on.  Blame is spread like pb & j on white bread.  How many years before we really clean house and get a real GM and HC.  

5 minutes ago, caponine said:

Quinn is to blame definitely but he's not the only one and doesnt deserve sole blame 

Not the only one but he is the head coach of a team that seems to be progressively getting worse every season over the last 3 years.

I was very worried ab the secondary and pounding the table for a cb. 1 cb probably wouldn’t have done much but ya know. I thought some ppl were gonna step up this off-season I was wrong ab that I’ll admit it. Team sucks. We’re a ****** football team that bought our own hype. 1-4 lol. Why do I pay 300$ to watch this when I could watch the chiefs for free every week. Dumb fan of a dumb franchise I guess 

caponine likes this

Honestly watching the game from the stands today vs the TV gave me some neat perspective.... defensively we are so out of it. Our d-line front isn’t intimidating to the other teams one bit and it takes so long for our DE’s to get near the QB or any kind of pressure that it really has no effect on the offense. Furthermore, with all the time in the world our secondary gets toasted which we think they suck because of.... and then finally, our lbs suck outside of Debo (at times he looks lost too) which leads me to my conclusive opinion that our defense looks confused as **** out there and almost obviously frustrated with the scheme 

ZoneOne01 likes this

31 minutes ago, kschreck said:

Not the only one but he is the head coach of a team that seems to be progressively getting worse every season over the last 3 years.

defense really has regressed the last few years tbh. i actually think there’s a disconnect with the defense. Offense is tired of the defense’s bs. That locker room is probably extremely volatile. 

I just watched the highlights from the game on NFL.com and on every long pass, Beasley and Takk drop back 5 yards into coverage and just stand there. Leaving just a 3 man rush.  WTF!?

I always figured that we probably weren't going to get much from our edge rushers, but I did expect to be at least mediocre against the run and in our secondary.

I was wrong about the last two. We'd have to make some drastic improvements to graduate to mediocre.

Posted (edited)

38 minutes ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

I was very worried ab the secondary and pounding the table for a cb. 1 cb probably wouldn’t have done much but ya know. I thought some ppl were gonna step up this off-season I was wrong ab that I’ll admit it. Team sucks. We’re a ****** football team that bought our own hype. 1-4 lol. Why do I pay 300$ to watch this when I could watch the chiefs for free every week. Dumb fan of a dumb franchise I guess 

This team just sucked tbh , the hype was real early but that quickly turned to doubt for me 

If people stopped going to games bet they would play better. It messes with their pay check 

Edited by caponine
MoFalconsFan56 likes this

2 minutes ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

I always figured that we probably weren't going to get much from our edge rushers, but I did expect to be at least mediocre against the run and in our secondary.

I was wrong about the last two. We'd have to make some drastic improvements to graduate to mediocre.

Trades maybe?? 

42 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

It’s baffling getting the quality we got back to getting 50 put on them just bad.

Mostly the same players, right?

Whats different?

Coaching.  It’s all Quinn now.  Game planning & play calling.

Question now is he also in the meeting rooms running them?

23 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Mostly the same players, right?

Whats different?

Coaching.  It’s all Quinn now.  Game planning & play calling.

Question now is he also in the meeting rooms running them?

What’s different is I don’t think DQ has much input offensively I think his role is purely for the most part the defense.

I don’t know what’s changed I don’t think he does either.

I bet right now he’s thinking thinking and over thinking this to me what will bare out in the end HC isn’t him.

1 hour ago, Realsurfin said:

So how come we are at the bottom if the accumulated decisions of TD and DQ and staff are so spot on.  Blame is spread like pb & j on white bread.  How many years before we really clean house and get a real GM and HC.  

Like any HC,you have your ups n downs.

GM funny when it goes south he always comes into the conversation and for a guy who according to some has no power and only does contracts how is this his fault now.

What not enough sauce and mustard on your hotdog at Benz yeah that’s on him aswell.

Really clean house what does that even mean.

Belichick isn’t coming here.

Bill Walsh isn’t coming here 

Vince Lombardi’s dead what do you want me to say.

This is honestly the most inept defense I have ever had the misfortune of watching.

I have never in my entire time of watching the Falcons missed so much as a quarter and I have turned off 4 of the 5 games this year before the 3rd quarter ended.

caponine likes this

9 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

What’s different is I don’t think DQ has much input offensively I think his role is purely for the most part the defense.

I don’t know what’s changed I don’t think he does either.

Yes and it is that defense that in 2 games has combined for 2 stops.

That is a failure of epic proportions.

Sure the offense has had its problems but nothing like that. 

1 minute ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Yes and it is that defense that in 2 games has combined for 2 stops.

That is a failure of epic proportions.

Sure the offense has had its problems but nothing like that. 

For some reason he’s lost the locker room.

The offense for me is what this teams calling card is hence why I’ve been on these coordinators all season thus far 17.5 points coming into this week and from a side of the ball that’s meant to be it’s calling card.

They resigned Ryan to max dollar Julio to max dollar drafted heavily on the offensive line and FA for 18 a game no farking way is that exceptable.

The defense has blown it the last 2 games but the offense hasn’t fired a shot this whole season thus far for me there embarrassing themselves.

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

The offense for me is what this teams calling card is hence why I’ve been on these coordinators all season thus far 17.5 points coming into this week and from a side of the ball that’s meant to be it’s calling card.

They resigned Ryan to max dollar Julio to max dollar drafted heavily on the offensive line and FA for 18 a game no farking way is that exceptable.

The defense has blown it the last 2 games but the offense hasn’t fired a shot this whole season thus far for me there embarrassing themselves.

With this offense, they would be 3-2 assuming the falcons had an average and decent defense. The 2016 offense wouldn't be able to win games with this D and ST. 

Just now, falcons007 said:

With this offense, they would be 3-2 assuming the falcons had an average and decent defense. The 2016 offense wouldn't be able to win games with this D and ST. 

Yeah they would we averaged 33 a game.

We average that we’d be 4-1.

4 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Yeah they would we averaged 33 a game.

We average that we’d be 4-1.

It doesn’t work that way. The ebbs and flows of the game. The offense couldn’t even start at 25 yard line in a kick off. The crowd wasn’t in to the game until 3-4 th quarter. All the teams had to do is make one stop, keep scoring and pin the pass rush on falcons offense. This deeply flawed team not even greatest show on turf can win. Let’s not even talk about the drive extending and drive killing penalties. I am tired of this offense should win games crap. All the draft picks on defense with nothing to show for on the field. Get a coach who can build balanced team. 

Many DC would have been fired with performance like this in first 5 weeks. Yet people are making excuses.

5 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

It doesn’t work that way. The ebbs and flows of the game. The offense couldn’t even start at 25 yard line in a kick off. The crowd wasn’t in to the game until 3-4 th quarter. All the teams had to do is make one stop, keep scoring and pin the pass rush. This deeply flawed team not even greatest show on turf can win. Let’s not even talk about the drive extending and drive killing penalties. I am tired of this offense should win games crap. All the draft picks on defense with nothing to show for on the field. Get a coach who can build balanced team. 

What draft picks we did virtually nothing last year.

Offensively we spent big extension wise spent in FA drafted high.

You give me a team that can score points even the worst defense has a chance.

Give me an offense that can’t score and a bad defense you have what we have.

If your identity is to score points and you build your team that way best you be scoring points.

Thats where DQ has farked  this up this team doesn’t know who or what it is and still looks like it has no onfield leadership.

38 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

They replaced 3 starters on the offensive line and the plan was for 2 to be rookies.

Did you think that was going to be seemless?

Against the Colts they didn’t score on 2 drives but that wasn’t enough because the defense could only prevent the Colts from scoring on one drive.

Today they put up 30.  It wasn’t enough because the defense couldn’t stop the Texas...at all.

Do you know how many times last years defense only stopped a team from scoring once in a 60 minute ball game?  Exactly zero

Do you know how many times the 2016 offense scored every drive except one in a game?  Once.  One of the greatest offenses in NFL history only did that one time.

3 hours ago, caponine said:

The way that yall hyped this defense up in the offseason made it seem like they were going to be a top 3 defense. I was never impressed with this defense at any point. This defense barely stops an eagles offense and people thought they were actually going to be something special. Takk and Beasley ain't nothing special, like I said scrubs. Campbell?? Terrible. Oliver, Allen, Trufant, the whole secondary is awful. Do yall really have a hard time believing this defense is not that good.?That should have been obvious 

I was told three weeks ago by a long standing TATF member that the Falcons defense had turned a corner.  Don’t you take this away from me!!!

11 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

They replaced 3 starters on the offensive line and the plan was for 2 to be rookies.

Did you think that was going to be seemless?

Against the Colts they didn’t score on 2 drives but that wasn’t enough because the defense could only prevent the Colts from scoring on one drive.

Today they put up 30.  It wasn’t enough because the defense couldn’t stop the Texas...at all.

Do you know how many times last years defense only stopped a team from scoring once in a 60 minute ball game?  Exactly zero

Do you know how many times the 2016 offense scored every drive except one in a game?  Once.  One of the greatest offenses in NFL history only did that one time.

I didn’t think seamless but I was expecting to at least have one or thee other soughted pass or run.

Pass pro has been up n down good and bad run blocking has been flat out average.I don’t know what we are anymore I don’t no if we are outside zone power what.

This is an issue identity who are what are we I don’t know do you.

Today they put up 30 yes they did but it was an empty 30 because the game was gone.

Colts game false economy because it was all second half.

Fast starts are we allowed to to have these.Have we scored a TD off of our 1st possession this year.

My issue is again what are we.As far as I’m concerned I’ve seen enough from DK.MM was here to help us run the football how’s that gone.GK I don’t know what he even does but I haven’t seen anything to suggest he has helped this offense at all.

DQ talks about putting players in position to succeed how is it that possible when he pounds our smallest RBs between the Gs when there strengths are working in space.Im close to being broom sweep let’s start again.

3 hours ago, caponine said:

I'm not but you still haven't explained to me why people expected this defense to be top 5 "ILlMAticZ"

Nothing wrong with fans being pumped in offseason about healthy starters and gained experience...but when it goes south guys like you post nonsense..I agree Quinn’s overstayed his welcome but no need to rattle the cages..All you ever post about is players vs players hate and I told you so garbage makes it a joke to even come to forums with guys like u

4 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

What aggravates me is that this defense looked so promising in week 2 against the Eagles.

It is like they cared that week, but these last few weeks they don't even seem to care.  I don't see how a HC could put up with this.

Quinn needs to start benching these players are making them inactive.  I would rather watch a rookie like Cominksy play DE than Beasley.

The Eagles were missing their #1 and #2 receiver and their #2 TE.  It would have been like if we had to go with Sanu/Ridley and Hardy as our #1 and #2 for the majority of a game.

red falcon likes this