caponine

Im Confused About This Defense

99 posts in this topic

The way that yall hyped this defense up in the offseason made it seem like they were going to be a top 3 defense. I was never impressed with this defense at any point. This defense barely stops an eagles offense and people thought they were actually going to be something special. Takk and Beasley ain't nothing special, like I said scrubs. Campbell?? Terrible. Oliver, Allen, Trufant, the whole secondary is awful. Do yall really have a hard time believing this defense is not that good.?That should have been obvious 

Just now, caponine said:

The way that yall hyped this defense up in the offseason made it seem like they were going to be a top 3 defense. I was never impressed with this defense at any point. This defense barely stops an eagles offense and people thought they were actually going to be something special. Takk and Beasley ain't nothing special, like I said scrubs. Campbell?? Terrible. Oliver, Allen, Trufant, the whole secondary is awful. Do yall really have a hard time believing this defense is not that good.?That should have been whats 

Whats confusing about garbage?

Falcon fan 4 ever likes this

Just now, Hingle McCringleberry said:

Whats confusing about garbage?

That yall actually expected anything from this garbage ?? They were trash even before the season started 

high impact likes this

1 minute ago, Hingle McCringleberry said:

Im guessing that "y'all" is a generalization. 

Yes the people that worshipped this defense and rated them so high 

sdogg likes this

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

Your talking in season.

Before the season I could see why there was excitement to be had.

Having Debo Rico and Neal back was exciting enough for me after seeing what they were replacing.

Not me , I saw nothing that changed my mind. This was still the same defense from last year. Was highly unimpressed in the preseason with this D and now you know why. Rico was never really that good to me, Neal mehhhh and I'll give you Deion Jones.

1 minute ago, caponine said:

Not me , I saw nothing that changed my mind. This was still the same defense from last year. Was highly unimpressed in the preseason with this D and now you know why. Rico was never really that good to me, Neal mehhhh and I'll give you Deion Jones.

“Y’all “ tell him what he’s won! 

1 minute ago, The Daywalker said:

“Y’all “ tell him what he’s won! 

I'm asking why yall expected anything from this defense. That I heard about all offseason 

Edited by caponine

4 minutes ago, caponine said:

Jordan Richards or Keanu Neal 

Deion Jones or Duke Riley

or how bout this one 

Terrell McLain or Davison

Rico not being that good what a joker he’s the only one in the secondary playing is butt off but he’s not that good.Dunno what your watching man.

just to name a few the issue we are having right now is the coaches have obviously lost the locker room.

I never bought the defensive line being good but I thought we would see a turnaround with the secondary. I definitely didn’t expect the defense to be this bad. 

kiwifalcon likes this

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

Jordan Richards or Keanu Neal 

Deion Jones or Duke Riley

or how bout this one 

Terrell McLain or Davison

just to name a few the issue we are having right now is the coaches have obviously lost the locker room.

All of them have produced the same results, this defense got ran over in Minny and The Colts and Texans. 

2 minutes ago, caponine said:

I'm asking why yall expected anything from this defense. That I heard about all offseason 

Who’s y’all? Callem out!

Just now, The Daywalker said:

Who’s y’all? Callem out!

Basically this whole.board. Maybe not you but the majority of this board was expecting something that wasn't there 

Just now, caponine said:

All of them have produced the same results, this defense got ran over in Minny and The Colts and Texans. 

That’s not the question would you get excited about those guys we had last year  or the ones that replaced them.

You also refuse to see that DQ has lost his locker room so regardless everyone’s going to look bad.

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

That’s not the question would you get excited about those guys we had last year  or the ones that replaced them.

You also refuse to see that DQ has lost his locker room so regardless everyone’s going to look bad.

Nahh man , There is a certain amount of pride you play with as a defense. They just gave up. It's not just Quinn. This defense could not stop offenses even when they knew what they were doing. It reflects the players , they are not that good to begin with 

5 minutes ago, vel said:

I always said I'd be fine with top 16. Never understood the top 5/10 talk. But most believed we had a top 10 defense in 2017 so...

I expected top 15 tbh but top 10 was a real stretch for me 

12 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Your talking in season.

Before the season I could see why there was excitement to be had.

Having Debo Rico and Neal back was exciting enough for me after seeing what they were replacing.

Funny thing is they’re actually playing worse than the defense from last year... when everyone was injured.

jlrfalcon and caponine like this

7 minutes ago, ZoneOne01 said:

I never bought the defensive line being good but I thought we would see a turnaround with the secondary. I definitely didn’t expect the defense to be this bad. 

Defensive line outside of Grady gets manhandled every game. This defensive line is too soft and small. I actually agree with you on the secondary to a degree, kinda 

1 minute ago, caponine said:

Nahh man , There is a certain amount of pride you play with as a defense. They just gave up. It's not just Quinn. This defense could not stop offenses even when they knew what they were doing. It reflects the players , they are not that good to begin with 

It is DQ because ultimately he makes the decisions of what’s what.

Pride well that’s funny because the guy you said you don’t rate is playing like that every week.

Also Jarrett is the other who play hard regardless.

Pride ain’t got jack to do with it if you don’t believe in what your hearing anymore or the group is playing like individuals.

Thats the issue DQ doesn’t look like he’s got any answers.Defense this week his offense the previous 4 weeks averaged 17.5 points a game.

His team has committed penalties and plays ill disciplined and has done for 2 years.Sorry that’s coaching.How many penalties today.

14 minutes ago, caponine said:

Debo and Neal haven't been nothing to write home about this season either. Grady is our best Defensive player. Outside of him, everyone has been questionable to bad. It doesn't look no better than last season. I still think Debo is better than he has played though.