How good do you think the Falcons would be right now if they had kept Sark, Manuel and Armstrong?

15 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I bet Sark, Manuel and Armstrong have a little grin on their face watching DQ right now. Your thoughts? 

Sark - I'd put money on him being better than DK thus far. Sark wasn't great but he was 10 times better than this joke we keep rolling out. Dk is about to kill his second Falcons HC. 

Manuel - I'm not sure he'd have different results than Quinn at this point. Maybe if they played the same defense they did last year he'd be better but, Manuel would have to deal with the same zone coverage breakdowns we are seeing as well as the players getting beat in man. 

2 hours ago, The O.D.B said:

Sark - I'd put money on him being better than DK thus far. Sark wasn't great but he was 10 times better than this joke we keep rolling out. Dk is about to kill his second Falcons HC. 

Manuel - I'm not sure he'd have different results than Quinn at this point. Maybe if they played the same defense they did last year he'd be better but, Manuel would have to deal with the same zone coverage breakdowns we are seeing as well as the players getting beat in man. 

I don't know why they can't play good defense. They got the talent I would think.

I think the biggest question this season is how would the offense have looked with Sark still coordinating it?  And because the offensive playcalling has been less than stellar under Koetter it will probably remain an intriguing "what if" for the rest of the season unless things drastically improve.  

Manuel wouldn't have mattered much because he would still be running Quinn's $hittee scheme.  But considering how incredibly bad our defense has performed this season with Quinn calling the plays one has to assume it would have been at least slightly better with Manuel calling them.  

I don't know how much better, if at all, Special Teams would be if Armstrong was still coaching it.

Ultimately, keeping one or all of them wouldn't have matter.  The Quinn ship sailed with the SB loss, and the last two years would have likely occurred just as they have.  Certain coaches/cultures (particularly in Atlanta/Georgia) just don't survive the "almost made it" moment.  It all fell apart for Mike Smith's after being one catch away in the NFC championship game from going to a SB they could have won.  Same deal with Richt after the SEC championship game with Alabama where they missed by a catch going to a national championship they probably would have won.  Everyone changes coordinators afterwards, like that's some miracle cure for the malaise.  Quinn's team only had to play a half of football where they didn't give up more than 25 points, and they failed in spectacular fashion.  There's no recovering from that.  Quite honestly, Blank should have fired everyone the next day.  We might be competitive this season if he had. 

Edited by chronob

5 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I don't know why they can't play good defense. They got the talent I would think.

The line - is playing pretty good and have put the opponents in 3rd and forever 2-3 times a game. 

The LBs - I'm not sure what the coaches have asked them to do different this year but, on passing plays they are a step late and  not attacking the ball. They've missed a fair share of zone hand-offs as well. 

Secondary - Ish is to small to cover a TE, Oliver keeps screwing up his zone assignment and in the past two games is making biz decisions and letting others do the tackling on the big guys. Kazee has also screwed up zone assignments. Jordan miller for his few snaps is a tad slow. Tru is a beast and then a helpless victim. The secondary is the reason we a losing games and we will continue to loose to everyone who doesn't beat themselves if this doesn't get fixed. 

18 minutes ago, chronob said:

I think the biggest question this season is how would the offense have looked with Sark still coordinating it?  And because the offensive playcalling has been less than stellar under Koetter it will probably remain an intriguing "what if" for the rest of the season unless things drastically improve.  

Manuel wouldn't have mattered much because he would still be running Quinn's $hittee scheme.  But considering how incredibly bad our defense has performed this season with Quinn calling the plays one has to assume it would have been at least slightly better with Manuel calling them.  

I don't know how much better, if at all, Special Teams would be if Armstrong was still coaching it.

Ultimately, keeping one or all of them wouldn't have matter.  The Quinn ship sailed with the SB loss, and the last two years would have likely occurred just as they have.  Certain coaches/cultures (particularly in Atlanta/Georgia) just don't survive the "almost made it" moment.  It all fell apart for Mike Smith's after being one catch away in the NFC championship game from going to a SB they could have won.  Same deal with Richt after the SEC championship game with Alabama where they missed by a catch going to a national championship they probably would have won.  Everyone changes coordinators afterwards, like that's some miracle cure for the malaise.  Quinn's team only had to play a half of football where they didn't give up more than 25 points, and they failed in spectacular fashion.  There's no recovering from that.  Quite honestly, Blank should have fired everyone the next day.  We might be competitive this season if he had. 

And the dawgs under Kirby blowing the national championship game his second year and blowing the sec title game last year.  His teams may never get to that point again.