Could Kevin Stefanski be the Falcons next HC

25 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Him or Pete Carmichael. Those are the only two guys I want. If we can't get one of them might as well bring Dan Reeves back for all I care. It wouldn't matter.

BTW, what's your thoughts on Carmichael?

When it comes to Carmichael, I'm worried that Payton is the sole engineer behind that offense. 

Carmichael doesn't have playcalling duties and I don't know how much of an influence or impact he has on that Saints offense outside of help getting them ready for game day.

20 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

I wouldn't mind trying Cowher if he decided to return to coaching and if the Falcons were starting over. He's hard nose HC that could possibly bring that defensive Steelers culture to Atlanta.

But I would like a really good offensive mind. Like the Sean Payton(minus the Zoolander facial expressions) or Sean McVay type.

Even with that attitude and mindset, it took him like 15 years to finally win the Super Bowl in Pittsburgh.

Regarding Pete Carmichael, I don’t know a whole lot about him but I did some research and apparently he had sole play calling responsibility the year Sean Payton broke his leg and the year he was suspended. So he apparently does have several years of play calling experience. 

14 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

Regarding Pete Carmichael, I don’t know a whole lot about him but I did some research and apparently he had sole play calling responsibility the year Sean Payton broke his leg and the year he was suspended. So he apparently does have several years of play calling experience. 

Yep, exactly. It's all in the thread I created last week. Sean Payton gets all the credit but Pete Carmichael has a major impact on that team and their offensive success.

Lol.  Bill Cowher.  He is just a name and hasn't coached in over a decade.  I doubt many of the players in the upcoming draft even watched football while he was still coaching to know who he is.  It seems that younger coaches that players can relate to are the way to go rather than bringing in a retread HC.

17 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Hope Blank is already kicking the tires for our new head coach. Kevin is as good of a candidate i believe youll find. Its time for new leadership in the Atl and Stefanski is as solid of a coach you could find imo

**** I rather have Jim Schwartz, atleast he is a true defensive guru. If he can bring a descent offensive coordinator with him. His always had a descent defense.

15 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Imo, Quinn has been totally exposed and i hope AB does due diligence in finding his next coach.. If Blank is smart hes already doing the research.. We got caught with our pants down on the Quinn hire

Could be Shanny was our reason for winning, or whatever.  I am curious to know when DQ lost his team and why.  What coach can deal with a team that ignores you?   No communication on the side line....everyone looking down....no one involved in the game.......strange behavior from people that supposed proffesionals.

43 minutes ago, Oldmanfan said:

Could be Shanny was our reason for winning, or whatever.  I am curious to know when DQ lost his team and why.  What coach can deal with a team that ignores you?   No communication on the side line....everyone looking down....no one involved in the game.......strange behavior from people that supposed proffesionals.

Probably when he canned Manuel and I’m sure when he let Bruce and Freeney wait in the cold as other teams signed them away didn’t help. 

Edited by NWFALCON
17 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Why does everyone want these old retired guys that haven't coached since George W was President? This is so silly. Dungy, Cowher, and now Mariucci? Jesus Christ!! Enough! The Falcons do not need a WCO guy to field a good offense. The Saints offense for example is nowhere near WCO and it's only been a nightmare to defend for the last nearly 15 years. The Patriots don't run a WCO and again, unstoppable for a number of years now. Matt Ryan would be unstoppable playing in either of those offenses.

Kinda feel like you’re mad bro.