Vandy

For those of you who claimed ....

78 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Eh, not really. Riley was a bad pick but Vic Beasley played LB in 2017 because of the Duke miss.

And, Riley never sees the field LAST year if not for the Debo injury.

C'mon. Injuries caused Duke to see the field not DQ.

You C’mon. I told you guys Quinn was the bigger problem, and you’re one of the guys who blew me off on it. 

Which is all fine. But good grief ergo, quit making excuses for Quinn now that it’s crystal clear he’s always been the problem.

4 minutes ago, Vandy said:

You C’mon. I told you guys Quinn was the bigger problem. And you’re still making excuses for him.

?

Excuses? Like MM needed?

I said he would take the fall for the performance on the field, but you can't tell me Oliver is coached to leave his responsibility wide open 3 or 4 times in a game.

Stop defending the players.

I'm gonna go enjoy the Braves win.

HAGD.

31 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Sark and Manuel were the problem, your apologies are accepted. 

:ninja:

We were bad with them and we're bad with Quinn. Wholesale changers are in order 

And Yes, Free played a little better today, but still not a featured RB  any longer Imho.

This is not a sermon, just a thought.

4 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Why aren't these players getting it? What's missing? They're all professionals. They should be better than this. Quinn m ay very well leave here and be successful elsewhere.

I'm not really qualified to answer. Just listening to players I respect like Grady and Allen saying their teammates aren't doing their job.

DQ will take the fall here if things don't turn around, but I don't like players supposedly doing their job in practice but choking on Sundays against what they say they were prepared for.

We gave Sark a pass on guys dropping balls in 2017, etc...

Granted...his red zone plays were lacking that year. We have a simple Defense by contrast.

2 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

We were bad with them and we're bad with Quinn. Wholesale changers are in order 

And Yes, Free played a little better today, but still not a featured RB  any longer Imho.

This is not a sermon, just a thought.

I thought free played like meh, but again terrible run blocking and unimaginative play calling. He’s pretty far down my list as to why we lost. 

WhenFalconsWin likes this

35 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Manuel, perhaps. Sark, no way. Maybe they should have done better than DK, but that doesn't mean Sark should've kept his job.

9 minutes ago, Vandy said:

My point always was Any D would have had those problems losing the players we lost.  Manuel played the hand he was dealt, which was running Dan quinn’s Passive defense with inadequate backups. We had a huge depth problem defensively last year.

quinn doesn’t have that excuse. He lost Neal, who was playing like crap even before his injury, and that’s it. Everyone else is there, he’s just not getting it done.

Agreed.

Players are playing like crap. He'll lose his job if it continues. Simple.

4 minutes ago, octoslash said:

What's the point of this?  Those guys are gone but we'd still suck if they weren't.  

Sark and Manuel were not taking us anywhere.

Point is it’s my thread, with me having a little fun at a few Quinn apologist’s  expense. You don’t have to play, octo. :ninja:

octoslash likes this

3 minutes ago, octoslash said:

What's the point of this?  Those guys are gone but we'd still suck if they weren't.  

Sark and Manuel were not taking us anywhere.

Manuel no. He wasn't the answer if we need a different Defensive system, players, or coach.

Sark OTOH could've easily stayed...we needed OL investment and we're seeing what Dirk has to deal with having to play Wes and having injuries across the OL.

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I'm not really qualified to answer. Just listening to players I respect like Grady and Allen saying their teammates aren't doing their job.

DQ will take the fall here if things don't turn around, but I don't like players supposedly doing their job in practice but choking on Sundays against what they say they were prepared for.

We gave Sark a pass on guys dropping balls in 2017, etc...

Granted...his red zone plays were lacking that year. We have a simple Defense by contrast.

Eh. The red zone offense last year was the best of Matt's career. There just weren't enough opportunities.

Someone needs to be the fall guy now.

Grady and Allen are leaders and captains they need to make sure guys are playing properly on Sundays. The talk has always been that the defense is simple. That was the key to the success all the rookies had in 2016. It doesn't appear to be as simple now. Something is off. 

Ergo Proxy and Vandy like this

38 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I was glad they were gone.  DQ sold me ice in Antarctica, shade in the Sahara and a timeshare in Syria.  He got me good this offseason.  I want only two coaches.  Either New Orleans OC or Lincoln Riley.  We better not even think about going after a defensive minded coach.  I would love to steal Wade Phillips from the Rams.   

Vandy likes this

Just now, usmcdirtybird said:

I was glad they were gone.  DQ sold me ice in Antarctica, shade in the Sahara and a timeshare in Syria.  He got me good this offseason.  I want only two coaches.  Either New Orleans OC or Lincoln Riley.  We better not even think about going after a defensive minded coach.  I would love to steal Wade Phillips from the Rams.   

Lincoln Riley and Wade Phillips in my dreams.

1 minute ago, Jesus said:

Eh. The red zone offense last year was the best of Matt's career. There just weren't enough opportunities.

Someone needs to be the fall guy now.

Grady and Allen are leaders and captains they need to make sure guys are playing properly on Sundays. The talk has always been that the defense is simple. That was the key to the success all the rookies had in 2016. It doesn't appear to be as simple now. Something is off. 

It's simple. In that, one guy can mess the whole thing up if he doesn't do his basic job b/c we aren't confusing QBs with our coverage.

Defense relies more on coverage sack and pass rush helping coverage when it comes to pass D. Guy not covering his area at all is just him not doing his job.

Oliver should be benched, but Wilson was hurt today. He'd be my first option to play RCB. Otherwise, Miller if he is deemed ready.

PS: I meant 2017 red zone offense. 2018 in his 2nd year Sark helped us be lethal again.

Jesus likes this

45 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I knew we should’ve kept Sark but people getting impatient with the offense. Dude at least knew how to use all 3 WR.

Vandy likes this

8 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Point is it’s my thread, with me having a little fun at a few Quinn apologist’s  expense. You don’t have to play, octo. :ninja:

You have a twisted version of how to have fun.:rant:

28 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Manuel was a good coach, albeit his inexperience showed he was a little over his head as a DC when all the injuries occurred. 

But Quinn is who forced duke Riley down his throat....

Manuel was barely serviceable even when the defense was healthy. 2017 defense was not as good as many around here thought it was.

I'm not saying Manuel was terrible, but he was just another guy as a DC. Duke Riley getting PT was necessitated due to injury. 

As a DB coach, sure, I liked him. But theres a reason he doesn't have a job in the NFL right now.

vitaman and Ergo Proxy like this

3 minutes ago, octoslash said:

You have a twisted version of how to have fun.:rant:

I for one hope it gets turned around and we go on a tear...make playoffs...win our first SB.

I mean...if we can lose 28-3. Why not think it 'could' happen?4CC0DC55-8F3C-480B-BECF-2345BE3AC210.jpeg.68f6694e9cf843be0585f583d3e0875c.jpegCDC49103-F574-43BA-89A1-3177874179E4.jpeg.27d859fcb0709bb72cadab6e0f022dff.jpeg

23 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Red zone killed him and lack of a running game,much like these idiots still asking Free & Ito to run between the tackles and leave there pound it out RBs on the bench.Madness

Mind you he’s more creative than what we got now.

Redzone offense in 2017 was bad under Sark, but I thought he really picked it up year 2.

Still didn't have a great running game, but Coleman also lacked vision at times last year. 

Free is just done. Sad to see it, but he's fallen off a cliff as far as physical ability goes. OL definitely hasn't been doing any of our RBs any favors outside of Ito Smith occasionally.

50 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I always agreed that Manuel was never the problem, but Sark was still bad given who we still had at the time. The Falcons revamped their whole offensive line throughout the off season. That was on Quinn and Dimitroff, and our first 2 draft picks have been banged up. So it's almost like the draft didn't improve this team at all at the moment. Our O-line has looked worse than last season so far. Run game hasn't changed much. Run game was still ranked 32nd for parts of last season. Defense hasn't changed at all. it's looked just as bad or worse with hardly any injuries. Over half of the Falcons problems, are recurring problems the Falcons had under Mike Smith, so a lot of it is Dimitroff too, the failure to draft real guys on the D-lines and O-lines. A lot of our guys on defense just aren't good, they're not as talented as we think they are outside of a few players. In 2015, we had a ridiculously easy schedule and faced a lot of backup & mediocre QB's, and we were ranked last in sacks. In 2016 when we went to the Super Bowl, our defense was ranked #27 carried by a historical offense. In 2018 and 2019, our defense has been awful. 2017 was the only outlier and that unit was still bottom in the league in yards per play and couldn't force turnovers. 2019 Falcons, still struggles to create turnovers. Our defensive unit just has never good under Quinn with a lot of mediocre players (outside of Debo, Neal, Grady). 

Ergo Proxy, vitaman and Vandy like this

26 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I thought free played like meh, but again terrible run blocking and unimaginative play calling. He’s pretty far down my list as to why we lost. 

Yep, Koetter is as unimaginable as diarrhea... unfortunately for us. 

We lost because of defense defense and defense. So bad, everyone looks pretty bad save Grady. Honestly, not seeing as much as I had hoped for from Debo.

Posted (edited)

32 minutes ago, Jesus said:

The talk has always been that the defense is simple. That was the key to the success all the rookies had in 2016. It doesn't appear to be as simple now. Something is off. 

Something isn't off. DQ's simple defense has been figured out by the oponents' HC and OC and any QB with a 10 cent head.

DQ seems to think it will work eventually and there just may be one team out there with a staff dumber than the bunch we have, and we may win another game or three, but his inability to or unwillingness to evolve has wasted yet another season. 

Edited by jstammer
WhenFalconsWin likes this