Bernie Marcus was the brains behind home depot

I’ve always been a Author Blank fan.  I’ve met the man and even worked at the third HD he opened in forest park.  But, you have to provide value to your market segment or in this case, the falcons fans.  I love the loyalty, but football is two things, entertainment and a business and that is all.  The team is in no way entertaining and from a business perspective a dumpster fire.  It’s painfully obvious Quinn is not a good coach.  2016 was a product of the OC, who isn’t here anymore and the defense only picked up because teams were afraid of our offense and thought they had to score 100 points to keep up.  The Pats exposed our defense in the SB.  Blank has let the falcon FO invest in a RB that was never that good, 15 million on a defensive end that lets face it, was never starting nfl material and a secondary built on smoke and mirrors.  Think about all those years with a terrible O and D line.  Now, two of our best players, Ryan and Julio probably have no chance at a Super Bowl and eat way too much cap.  Sorry Mr Blank.  These guys aren’t your friends, they are your employees.  It’s time to burn it down and start over.

2 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Blank plays a good cop outside. That's pretty much what most owners outside of Jerry Jones do. He is probably chewing up DQ and TD behind closed doors. He just gave DQ the dreaded vote of confidence. 

The owners play the same game with NFL Commissioner Goddel, they make him the bad guy and they play good cop. 

Man blank isn’t a playing anything . He’s a loyal dlck head . Anyone who comes out & says such & such is a Falcon for life is just that & putting feels/ticket sales above winning ships . He’s business first don’t give him a pass . 

1 minute ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

Man blank isn’t a playing anything . He’s a loyal dlck head . Anyone who comes out & says such & such is a Falcon for life is just that & putting feels/ticket sales above winning ships . He’s business first don’t give him a pass . 

All the owners do that, its called hype. They know the fans are loyal to players. The exception is patriots where BB keeps all the control.

16 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Blank plays a good cop outside. That's pretty much what most owners outside of Jerry Jones do. He is probably chewing up DQ and TD behind closed doors. He just gave DQ the dreaded vote of confidence. 

The owners play the same game with NFL Commissioner Goddel, they make him the bad guy and they play good cop. 

Yep. He can be an ***hole like Jerry. 

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

All the owners do that, its called hype. They know the fans are loyal to players. The exception is patriots where BB keeps all the control.

I don’t think the fans are loyal to the players.  Not one bit.  Tell me there is anyone here who wouldn’t be okay with a straight up trade of their favorite player IF the Falcons won a super bowl.  Ryan, Julio and D Jones are my favorite three players, in that order but if we traded all three tonight and still win a super bowl I’m  fine with it.  What I want to see is improvement and there hasn’t been a shred of improvement Since LI.  That is totally on AB.  It’s been three freaking years!!!

Bernie Marcus is a horses' ***.

Everybody here thought this team had playoff potential before the season started, so why shouldn't Blank?

Even waiting to fire Quinn until the end of the season is smart because it shows that Blank isn't going to be impulsive to the next head coach.

We do need to clean out our coaching staff and front office, but there were enough good things done by Quinn and TD to give them this season of healthy players to evaluate what we had going foreward.

The only place we might have mistepped this offseason in hindsight was to tie up so much money into Ryan going forward, who requires a large investment in the line and skill positions to be effective. However, had we not signed him people would have beem calling for TD's and Blank's heads.

It was the only practical thing to re-sign a former MVP who played well enough to win a Superbowl. This bad a season was not predicted by anybody.

2 hours ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

I don’t think the fans are loyal to the players.  Not one bit.  Tell me there is anyone here who wouldn’t be okay with a straight up trade of their favorite player IF the Falcons won a super bowl.  Ryan, Julio and D Jones are my favorite three players, in that order but if we traded all three tonight and still win a super bowl I’m  fine with it.  What I want to see is improvement and there hasn’t been a shred of improvement Since LI.  That is totally on AB.  It’s been three freaking years!!!

It’s common for most of NFL. Owners pump up the players when they are asked about them. Owners are good guys, it’s up to GM and HC to handle. 

3 hours ago, FalconAge said:

Bernie Marcus is a horses' ***.

Everybody here thought this team had playoff potential before the season started, so why shouldn't Blank?

Even waiting to fire Quinn until the end of the season is smart because it shows that Blank isn't going to be impulsive to the next head coach.

We do need to clean out our coaching staff and front office, but there were enough good things done by Quinn and TD to give them this season of healthy players to evaluate what we had going foreward.

The only place we might have mistepped this offseason in hindsight was to tie up so much money into Ryan going forward, who requires a large investment in the line and skill positions to be effective. However, had we not signed him people would have beem calling for TD's and Blank's heads.

It was the only practical thing to re-sign a former MVP who played well enough to win a Superbowl. This bad a season was not predicted by anybody.

I disagree on a couple of things.  First, I don’t think Quinn has done anything.  He admitted when he came here he didn’t know anything about the offense and hired Shanahan.  The only reason we went to the Super Bowl was because of the offense.  Then, when we got there he didn’t know how to manage his OCs and cost us our best shot.  Ryan isn’t the problem.  Julios contract is much more of a problem and what in the world made anyone think freeman or Trufant deserved the contracts they got?  How about Beasley?  If Ryan had a mediocre line for half his time here, we probably would have won at least one more division and he has had bad skill position players and won with those.  Ryan is not the problem; however, I would just burn it all down and trade him this offseason because I don’t he will get any better with his sixth OC and we could get something in return.  We won’t get a thing for Trufant or freeman except dead cap and I doubt we could trade a 31 year old Julio with his cap hit.

5 hours ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

I disagree on a couple of things.  First, I don’t think Quinn has done anything.  He admitted when he came here he didn’t know anything about the offense and hired Shanahan.  The only reason we went to the Super Bowl was because of the offense.  Then, when we got there he didn’t know how to manage his OCs and cost us our best shot.  Ryan isn’t the problem.  Julios contract is much more of a problem and what in the world made anyone think freeman or Trufant deserved the contracts they got?  How about Beasley?  If Ryan had a mediocre line for half his time here, we probably would have won at least one more division and he has had bad skill position players and won with those.  Ryan is not the problem; however, I would just burn it all down and trade him this offseason because I don’t he will get any better with his sixth OC and we could get something in return.  We won’t get a thing for Trufant or freeman except dead cap and I doubt we could trade a 31 year old Julio with his cap hit.

Beasley was a gamble that doesn't cost us long-term, he's off the books completely next year.

I wouldn't have paid any runningback what Freeman got, but Trufant looked good the year before he was extended him. We merely paid him the market rate, you do have to re-sign some of your good players year-to-year. When almost every player on offense and defense looks bad, you have to look at coaching moreso than all the players are suddenly bad.

Ryan had a great year last year, and could probably look close to an MVP with another year in a pure Shanahan system, its why we should have promoted Mike Mcdaniels or Matt Lafleur instead of letting them leave along with the rest of Shanahan's staff. The fact that you think it's smart to try to trade Ryan with the absurd amount of dead cap tied into him, with no alternative on the team either, makes me question your judgement completely.

The fact that you want to get rid of Julio, who is actually doing his job right now, confirms this.

You are speaking purely out of emotion not logic at this point.

Arthur Blank 'disappointed' in 1-4 Falcons but supports Dan Quinn

https://es.pn/31UdG4f

Can ANYONE in ATL who is being completely objective come to the conclusion that DQ is doing a good job the last few years since Shannahan’s departure & that DQ is making progress & should continue to be the head coach of the Falcons. #BlankIsDelusional

Edited by JG2008