Onlygolden1

Arthur Blank on Quinn

53 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Here is the thing...Wilson was hurt today and the TALK is that practices look good but it's failing on Sunday.

Allen and Ryan said the same thing. They are prepared but aren't performing on Sunday.

I thought we all hated on Sark even when WRs are dropping/tipping 7 passes for INTs? We gave Sark a shot in year 2 and we even are wishing he were back.

You can't defend the players too even IF DQ winds up going.

You can't POSSIBLY tell me Oliver leaves an entire side of the field wide open due to his assignment WHIFF and it's the coach? That's basic choking...it's plagued this franchise coach to coach.

Oliver has been a catastrophe this season. 

Players get away with a lot, but also a head coach decides the gameday starters, so after 5 games, it should be clear which players either aren't capable of their instructions, or are just giving up on plays, and then should be benched. That's on Quinn.

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I've never said it won't come down to DQ being fired...

Just saying...we got millennials playing football now that don't know how to take any criticism and play with heart still.

The other teams have the same millennials who are playing great. Its time to clean up the house.  

The Don™ and Chaz like this

4 minutes ago, Domed Outter said:

Players get away with a lot, but also a head coach decides the gameday starters, so after 5 games, it should be clear which players either aren't capable of their instructions, or are just giving up on plays, and then should be benched. That's on Quinn.

What I saw today is the defense just looked confused. A few times I saw Hopkins and Fuller signaling Deshaun Watson before the snap. Something they probably saw in the film. 

9 minutes ago, Domed Outter said:

I agree. DQ needs to bench Oliver for Miller or Sheffield at this point.

4 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

What I saw today is the defense just looked confused. A few times I saw Hopkins and Fuller signaling Deshaun Watson before the snap. Something they probably saw in the film. 

Eh, Rico said they were prepared. :shrug:

Oliver was too easy. His worst game of the year.

falcons007 likes this

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

Eh, Rico said they were prepared. :shrug:

Oliver was too easy. His worst game of the year.

Lol. Rico with coach speak. They were not prepared on the field. The Texans had a better plan and this team got outcoached. Every offense Falcons plays, says same about Falcons simple D.

Arthur, A fellow NYer here...been a Falcs fan since the early 70's...you should know better being a NYer & winners, NYers would not put up with this product, as long as I've been a fan, I've seen the dark years of this team, & you know what, this has got to be the worst Defense I've seen,with the talent on both sides of the field this is an embarrassment, why wait? Have first crack at a talented Head Coach, & don't rely on a 'crack committee'  like the search years ago that said Dan Quinn & Todd Bowles ...look how they turned out, some should just stay as a Co-Ordinator.

27 minutes ago, Ahmad770 said:

Yes we suffered for a few years, but we will be in the playoffs this year as we have one of the best defenses and offenses in the league while your highly paid QB, WR, and RB watch come January

How about you wait until it actually happens. Last time I checked, 3-0 doesn’t equal playoffs. Shanahan and Lynch are 13-22. They haven’t proven anything yet. 

Stevo, The Don™ and Ergo Proxy like this

23 minutes ago, A Pimp Named Slickback™ said:

You should probably leave. You've posted that same long winded reply earlier in 2 threads as far as I've seen thus far, and with this quoted reply shows you're not here in good faith. Your team haven't made the playoffs yet, so you might want to slow down just a tad. Just looks like you're here trying to troll.

Not here to troll at all....just giving my 2 cents. I posted twice because both threads are relevant to what I'm saying. I've grown to appreciate the Falcons, though I not a fan and I recognize they have tremendous talent, despite the record. My analysis says DQ shouldn't be the scapegoat 

14 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Yep, saw Fuller at least a couple of times signal over when on Oliver's side (not picking on Oliver as Trufant also had his moments) I thought this D was meant to be simplified, but it seems keep it simple stupid is too difficult for these players?

12 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

How about you wait until it actually happens. Last time I checked, 3-0 doesn’t equal playoffs. Shanahan and Lynch are 13-22. They haven’t proven anything yet. 

Remember, Kyle helped seal 28-3. Never trust a man with that much pride to keep throwing a SB win out of his playbook. :ninja: 

This i dont get... chargers coach sounds pissed nd scared for his job! Washington coach the same!..... before you can get on the dang plane you already give him a pass AB?!?! WTF?!?! This is why we will keep sucking! Sorry players except a few and no coach is scared and he wont make the hard decision to cut the cord cause it doesn’t “look” nice?! They wont get another dollar from me til a superbowl. Dead serious

Why would anyone think AB would not support his coach. That would be throwing in the towel with to many games to go. Would make no sense right now. If he keeps losing then AB will throw that towel.

37 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Here is the thing...Wilson was hurt today and the TALK is that practices look good but it's failing on Sunday.

Allen and Ryan said the same thing. They are prepared but aren't performing on Sunday.

I thought we all hated on Sark even when WRs are dropping/tipping 7 passes for INTs? We gave Sark a shot in year 2 and we even are wishing he were back.

You can't defend the players too even IF DQ winds up going.

You can't POSSIBLY tell me Oliver leaves an entire side of the field wide open due to his assignment WHIFF and it's the coach? That's basic choking...it's plagued this franchise coach to coach.

It’s not hard to look good in practice when you are playing yourselves. I don’t know how anyone can watch the first 5 mins of any game so far and feel that this team was prepared for any of them. 1-14 against AFC teams dating back to the super bowl in as inexcusable as it is perplexing. No way anyone can convince me DQ knows how to game plan period. Worst O-line in football and we couldn’t even luck into a sack, pathetic. Give DK the reigns at this point he certainly couldn’t do worse than what we’re seeing week in week out. 1 dropped pass away from being 0-5

Just now, shockerfalcon said:

It’s not hard to look good in practice when you are playing yourselves. I don’t know how anyone can watch the first 5 mins of any game so far and feel that this team was prepared for any of them. 1-14 against AFC teams dating back to the super bowl in as inexcusable as it is perplexing. No way anyone can convince me DQ knows how to game plan period. Worst O-line in football and we couldn’t even luck into a sack, pathetic. Give DK the reigns at this point he certainly couldn’t do worse than what we’re seeing week in week out. 1 dropped pass away from being 0-5

Rico says they practiced for what the Texans ran today.

What we need is some Leaders on Defense rallying the team like Terry Tate!

JDaveG likes this

6 minutes ago, Drbob said:

Why would anyone think AB would not support his coach. That would be throwing in the towel with to many games to go. Would make no sense right now. If he keeps losing then AB will throw that towel.

To heck with that AB needs to can the good guy act and fire DQ yesterday

1 hour ago, NCFalconfan said:

I stand by my statement that Blank is a major problem with the Falcons and offer this as Exhibit A. Championship franchises would have kicked Quinn to the curb long ago.

Championships franchises also don’t have meddling owners that do not allow their football people to run the football, exhibit B.

I feel like piling on today.

Chaz likes this

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

Rico says they practiced for what the Texans ran today.

What we need is some Leaders on Defense rallying the team like Terry Tate!

Again it’s not hard to look good playing against yourself going less than full speed cuz you don’t want to risk injuries. We need a head coach that is going to tear into/pull players that are consistently under performing. How is this much lack of execution tolerable to this coaching staff? I don’t buy it for one minute. 

33 minutes ago, shockerfalcon said:

To heck with that AB needs to can the good guy act and fire DQ yesterday

Disagreed and it want happen yet!

15 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Now I know, DQ is done. The dreaded vote of confidence. 

This confuses me. How does a vote of confidence mean he's out? What else would Blank say?

4 minutes ago, cam-marino said:

This confuses me. How does a vote of confidence mean he's out? What else would Blank say?

Dude, anybody, anybody, I mean ANYBODY that gets a VOC from their employer is out the door. It's just a matter of going through the exit interview process.

Posted (edited)

I agree with the sentiment that Quinn is gone. Either in the bye week or at the end of the season. The new dome being empty on Sunday might drive Blank to do it earlier than he’d like. Our interim coaching options are pretty sad. Mularkey and two former Bucs coaches. Maybe they could let Ulbrich take the reins until the season is over. 
 Blank mentions in the Steve Hummer AJC article that he isn’t giving a vote if anything. 

B8AEEC2C-89DE-4831-8A94-46284C71CE87.jpeg

Edited by cdd543

1 hour ago, cam-marino said:

57 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Dude, anybody, anybody, I mean ANYBODY that gets a VOC from their employer is out the door. It's just a matter of going through the exit interview process.

If your seat is hot, it’s corporate speak to clean up house.

Flying Falcon likes this