Onlygolden1

Arthur Blank on Quinn

53 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, NCFalconfan said:

I stand by my statement that Blank is a major problem with the Falcons and offer this as Exhibit A. Championship franchises would have kicked Quinn to the curb long ago.

I am for moving on from Quinn but your statement about moving on from him a long time ago is absurd.  This is just the third season from a SB.   You get a two year mulligan with a SB appearance.

Did AB watch the defense play the last 3 weeks. How many times did the opposing teas punt in the last 3 weeks? The only confidence I have in this defense is that they make opposing offenses shine.

Vote of confidence is not necessarily a good thing. That's corporate talk man. Believe it or not, I'm pretty sure Blank doesn't like firing people (besides his ex wives) but if it has to be done (which it does in this case), he'll do it. I will say he waited too long to fire Smitty...I have a feeling this is Quinn's last season to prove himself in Blank's eyes.

1 minute ago, The Don™ said:

Vote of confidence is not necessarily a good thing. That's corporate talk man. Believe it or not, I'm pretty sure Blank doesn't like firing people (besides his ex wives) but if it has to be done (which it does in this case), he'll do it. I will say he waited too long to fire Smitty...I have a feeling this is Quinn's last season to prove himself in Blank's eyes.

At this point, a mid-season firing isn't gonna change THIS season.

You pretty much have to ride it out with DQ this year.

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I disagree Quinn needs to go asap. I don’t want the players salvaging his job by succeeding in spite of him. 

sdogg likes this

8 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I say, fire DQ and try to salvage the season. 

17 minutes ago, The Don™ said:

His ex wife was not bad on the eyes..... United win theirs... otherwise Blank please sell. 

Being a Niners fan originally from CA and now living in Metro Atlanta, I can say this: The #1 problem of the team is not DQ. It's the owner. Arthur Blank, as owner of the team, sets the temperature for the entire franchise. No other major market, championship-driven owner would accept this behavior by a team this talented. As great as Harbaugh was for us, he didn't get it done with the excellent squad he had for 2-3 years and eventually, the excuses got tired (along with other internal issues) and Jed York decided to move on. Yes, we suffered for a few years, but look at where we're at now. You can't have a soft owner who accepts mediocrity and expect to be a winner on the field.

Quinn should have definitely been fired, in my opinion, after the Superbowl. Why? If you can't lead your team to a Superbowl win after being 25 points up on your opponent, with the team you all had, then there is NO scenario in which confidence should be shown to DQ that he can get the team a trophy....ever. There is no team you can give DQ that he would lead to a Superbowl victory. 28-3 showed me that much. I don't even think DQ could lead the Patriots to a SB victory if he were given Belichick's job right now. He doesn't have it in him. Arthur Blank doesn't realize this and that is the #1 issue.

Ownership sets the temperature and culture of the team, not the head coach. Coaches come and go. Look at the standards that George Steinbrenner had for the Yankees, Eddie Debartalo for the 49ers etc... It starts at the top.

Edited by Ahmad770
Club212, D.B.N. and NCFalconfan like this

16 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I’m on the let him go now train,

but keeping him might actually give us the best chance at a the highest draft pick.  This team has tuned him out completely, and they’re obviously not fighting for him anymore.

Flyin' In DC likes this

18 minutes ago, shockerfalcon said:

I disagree Quinn needs to go asap. I don’t want the players salvaging his job by succeeding in spite of him. 

I agree with both you and Ergo which is odd to hold both beliefs. 
1) He needs to go NOW!!! 
2) letting him stay changes nothing.

Either scenario yields same garbage season, I am afraid. Not enough time to turn it around. If he stays the entire season let him suffer the shame.

Edited by SoldMySoul

2 minutes ago, Ahmad770 said:

Being a Niners fan originally from CA and now living in Metro Atlanta, I can say this: The #1 problem of the team is not DQ. It's the owner. Arthur Blank, as owner of the team, sets the temperature for the entire franchise. No other major market, championship-driven owner would accept this behavior by a team this talented. As great as Harbaugh was for us, he didn't get it done with the excellent squad he had for 2-3 years and eventually, the excuses got tired (along with other internal issues) and Jed York decided to move on. Yes, we suffered for a few years, but look at where we're at now. You can't have a soft owner who accepts mediocrity and expect to be a winner on the field.

Quinn should have definitely been fired, in my opinion, after the Superbowl. Why? If you can't lead your team to a Superbowl win after being 25 points up on your opponent, with the team you all had, then there is NO scenario in which confidence should be shown to DQ that he can get the team a trophy....ever. There is no team you can give DQ that he would lead to a Superbowl victory. 28-3 showed me that much. I don't even think DQ could lead the Patriots to a SB victory if he were given Belichick's job right now. He doesn't have it in him. Arthur Black doesn't realize this and that is the #1 issue.

Ownership sets the temperature and culture of the team, not the head coach. Coaches come and go. Look at the standards that George Steinbrenner had for the Yankees, Eddie Debartalo for the 49ers etc... It starts at the top.

You suffered for a few years? Look where you are now? The 49ers haven’t made the playoffs since Harbaugh was the HC. That was in 2013. Firing Harbaugh was a very bad decision. York stuck with Balke and hired Tomsula. That was a TERRIBLE decision 

14 minutes ago, shockerfalcon said:

Players could conversely be costing him his job by not doing their jobs.

13 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I say, fire DQ and try to salvage the season. 

How many times has there been an interim coach due to a firing come in and take a losing record team to the playoffs?

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

Players could conversely be costing him his job by not doing their jobs.

How many times has there been an interim coach due to a firing come in and take a losing record team to the playoffs?

This player's thing got old real fast. If players are not doing their job, what he is doing on the sidelines? I mean this is like the fifth game we have heard that same excuse. His body language on the sidelines is the guy who lost the team. 

Browns came **** close last year for a playoff berth. 

3 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

You suffered for a few years? Look where you are now? The 49ers haven’t made the playoffs since Harbaugh was the HC. That was in 2013. Firing Harbaugh was a very bad decision. York stuck with Balke and hired Tomsula. That was a TERRIBLE decision 

Yes we suffered for a few years, but we will be in the playoffs this year as we have one of the best defenses and offenses in the league while your highly paid QB, WR, and RB watch come January

4 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

This player's thing got old real fast. If players are not doing their job, what he is doing on the sidelines? I mean this is like the fifth game we have heard that same excuse. His body language on the sidelines is the guy who lost the team. 

Browns came **** close last year for a playoff berth. 

Here is the thing...Wilson was hurt today and the TALK is that practices look good but it's failing on Sunday.

Allen and Ryan said the same thing. They are prepared but aren't performing on Sunday.

I thought we all hated on Sark even when WRs are dropping/tipping 7 passes for INTs? We gave Sark a shot in year 2 and we even are wishing he were back.

You can't defend the players too even IF DQ winds up going.

You can't POSSIBLY tell me Oliver leaves an entire side of the field wide open due to his assignment WHIFF and it's the coach? That's basic choking...it's plagued this franchise coach to coach.

5 minutes ago, Ahmad770 said:

Yes we suffered for a few years, but we will be in the playoffs this year as we have one of the best defenses and offenses in the league while your highly paid QB, WR, and RB watch come January

You should probably leave. You've posted that same long winded reply earlier in 2 threads as far as I've seen thus far, and with this quoted reply shows you're not here in good faith. Your team haven't made the playoffs yet, so you might want to slow down just a tad. Just looks like you're here trying to troll.

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Here is the thing...Wilson was hurt today and the TALK is that practices look good but it's failing on Sunday.

Allen and Ryan said the same thing. They are prepared but aren't performing on Sunday.

I thought we all hated on Sark even when WRs are dropping/tipping 7 passes for INTs? We gave Sark a shot in year 2 and we even are wishing he were back.

You can't defend the players too even IF DQ winds up going.

You can't POSSIBLY tell me Oliver leaves an entire side of the field wide open due to his assignment WHIFF and it's the coach? That's basic choking...it's plagued this franchise coach to coach.

It's the same coach/player speech every weel. Here is the thing though, no fire on the sidelines. DQ had no clue what was going on and he is the DC of the team. After watching the players and coaches closely, esp D, I am ready to move on. Its all excuses and the buck stops at HC.

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

It's the same coach/player speech every weel. Here is the thing though, no fire on the sidelines. DQ had no clue what was going on and he is the DC of the team. After watching the players and coaches closely, esp D, I am ready to move on. Its all excuses and the buck stops at HC.

I've never said it won't come down to DQ being fired...

Just saying...we got millennials playing football now that don't know how to take any criticism and play with heart still.

capologist likes this