Should we of kept Shanny over DQ after the sb?

Dirtybird3

I mean who really improved who and led us to that sb run?? Could you really say dq is better at defense than Shanny at offense? 

Personally we would be top 3 on offense with this receiving core if Shanny was here, and the defense would atleast fight knowing that atleast we put up points. As I've seen across the boards many say the team has quit atleast on the defensive side.

In hindsight yes, but there is no way the Falcons could have know that at the time.  

Even if the Falcons did want to make the move, has a losing SB coach ever been fired before?  The media and fan backlash would be been more than Blank would want to face.  

Also, Shanny was also blamed for 28-3.

Even after the SB loss and disappointment, fans might have been pessimistic about that game but few looked to us getting worse in 2017-18 and beyond.

Similar to the Braves last year, we were disappointed after the 1st round loss to the Dodgers, but we still looked to the future as positive.

Quinn was winning awards or being runner-up in most after 2016-17 and was not going anywhere.

6 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

I'm not saying it wouldn't of been unheard of, but again who got us to the sb? Our defense or offense outscoring everyone? 

Exactly and that’s what’s been lost the last few years.

The Falcons identity what is it.

Ultimately DQ has had a hand in these decisions and make no mistake it’ll cost him his job.

15 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

I mean who really improved who and led us to that sb run?? Could you really say dq is better at defense than Shanny at offense? 

Personally we would be top 3 on offense with this receiving core if Shanny was here, and the defense would atleast fight knowing that atleast we put up points. As I've seen across the boards many say the team has quit atleast on the defensive side.

Only read the thread title and my reponse is, "Well, DUH!" 

4 hours ago, JeffAtl said:

In hindsight yes, but there is no way the Falcons could have know that at the time.  

Even if the Falcons did want to make the move, has a losing SB coach ever been fired before?  The media and fan backlash would be been more than Blank would want to face.  

Also, Shanny was also blamed for 28-3.

Smart fans could see, especially if they watched the whole season and not just the playoff run, we were led by the 8th best offense of all time. Blank woulda had a better shot selling fans on 30 points a game vs banking on dq shaping this teams identity to a defensive juggernaut.. Easier in hindsight but it doesn't take a high football iq to see Shanny on offense runs circles around dq in defense

6 hours ago, NCFalconfan said:

This cannot be stressed enough. Letting the entire offensive staff walk was maybe the dumbest thing I've ever seen in sports.

Yeah, I was asking why bring in Sark when you have someone who completely understands the offense in Lafleur. That's why Mcvay was so eager to bring him in as OC of the Rams after letting Lafleur walk.