matty72780

Thomas Dimitroff, needs to be fired. PERIOD

322 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Dimitroff only hired Smitty and Quinn. But, both of those head coaches went to the NFCCG and have overall winning records during their tenure.

Not saying I disagree that TD should or shouldn’t be here necessarily. But this argument you proposed ain’t it 

If I’m not mistaken TD did not hire DQ at least not on his own. Blank brought in a consulting firm after firing Smitty for the head coach search. It’s why Pioli was brought in to be “assistant GM” the same year. 

with that being said TD has multiple pro bowl players on the roster as a GM he has done his job. The current state of the Team performance falls squarely on the shoulders of DQ

1 minute ago, shockerfalcon said:

If I’m not mistaken TD did not hire DQ at least not on his own. Blank brought in a consulting firm after firing Smitty for the head coach search. It’s why Pioli was brought in to be “assistant GM” the same year. 

with that being said TD has multiple pro bowl players on the roster as a GM he has done his job. The current state of the Team performance falls squarely on the shoulders of DQ

If fans are going to place blame on TD for everything that isn’t 100% his fault, then they should credit him for the good. I hate when people play the Pioli card whenever someone points out something that TD has done right. It’s just part of the agenda 

3 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

If fans are going to place blame on TD for everything that isn’t 100% his fault, then they should credit him for the good. I hate when people play the Pioli card whenever someone points out something that TD has done right. It’s just part of the agenda 

I wasn’t playing the pioli card just pointing out that he was brought in at the recommendation of the consulting firm that recommended the DQ hire. Many thought TD should’ve been fired along with smitty and he was certainly on thin ice with blank which is why pioli was brought in and the head coaching hire wasn’t entirely in his hands

Just now, shockerfalcon said:

I wasn’t playing the pioli card just pointing out that he was brought in at the recommendation of the consulting firm that recommended the DQ hire. Many thought TD should’ve been fired along with smitty and he was certainly on thin ice with blank which is why pioli was brought in and the head coaching hire wasn’t entirely in his hands

I wasn’t insinuating that YOU did this. But the TD haters definitely do what I just mentioned. The reality is, TD is the GM, not Pioli. 

Fiercefalcon likes this

It bothers me immensely how some people here give 0 credit. I saw a post the other day that didn't want to credit TD for drafting Hooper. The reason? Hooper is a hard worker.

Give me a break man. By this board's logic 90% of the GMs in this league should never get credit. Just blame. Especially ours. 

38 minutes ago, texasfalconfan said:

Any chance we could get Rex Ryan to be our defensive coordinated when we fire Quinn and hire McCarthy 

What’s the fascination with Rex Ryan? That dude destroyed a respectable Buffalo Bills D

1 hour ago, Cheap Talk said:

TD had a horrible draft record before Pioli came, just in time to scout the 2014 draft class. We should have replaced TD with Pioli, but such logical things rarely happen in this world. Someone here said the two almost came to blows just before Piloi left. So, who winds up leaving? The more talented GM.

You do realise Pioli was fired as GM at KC right.Surely If What your suggesting was true would he still not be in KC.

Terrible most successful run in franchise history drafted a franchise QB with his first pick when KC Miami among others passed what an idiot.

Flying Falcon and PokerSteve like this

25 minutes ago, Fiercefalcon said:

It bothers me immensely how some people here give 0 credit. I saw a post the other day that didn't want to credit TD for drafting Hooper. The reason? Hooper is a hard worker.

Give me a break man. By this board's logic 90% of the GMs in this league should never get credit. Just blame. Especially ours. 

Post 2016: Beasley was clearly Pioli...

Post 2017: Beasley was clearly TD....troffed 

2 hours ago, matty72780 said:

It’s pretty crazy when you think about this but in looking at the Falcons coaching decisions by upper management it’s impossible to not start pointing the finger at Thomas Dimitroff. In many cases head coaches in the NFL coach a couple of teams in their tenure and have fairly good results. However if you look at the Falcons moves from a leadership perspective we always seem to be making the wrong decisions which the brunt of the blame needs to be TDs, Blanks are fault too but you can’t fire the owner. 

Look at these coaches, and what do they all have in common? Jim Mora Jr, Bobby Petrino, Mike Smith, Dan Quinn.  These coaches span the last 16 years as the Falcons head coaches and NOT ONE has ever gotten another HC job for an NFL team (I’m including Quinn here because let’s get real, no other teams hiring the greatest choke artist in NFL history). 

Now let’s look at these coaches: Matt LaFleur and Kyle Shanahan - two coaches that were already on our staff that we let walk and are now the HC of winning teams with far less “on paper talent”. 

At some point the finger needs to be pointed at the person who has hired 4 incompetent coaches to fail and allowed two great coaches to leave and find success elsewhere.

Just another Falcons year of the Falcons being the Falcons.

I think the far let talent thing is a bit overstated. GB has That  Guy Roger and A heck of a receiving core but I agree about letting Lafleur walk.

1 hour ago, octoslash said:

Renders your entire post as ridiculous.

Really? Prove it. 28-3... I know the defense folded. But all Ryan had to do was make one more conversion. Just one. And the SB would've been ours.  Oh yeah... the sack by Trey Flowers didn't help either. Just throw the **** ball away, and the SB is ours. 

But I guess you see it completely different as a Ryan apologist... 

Charles Wright likes this

9 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

You do realise Pioli was fired as GM at KC right.Surely If What your suggesting was true would he still not be in KC.

Terrible most successful run in franchise history drafted a franchise QB with his first pick when KC Miami among others passed what an idiot.

The Chiefs were one of the worst franchises in the NFL, when Pioli came there in 2009. They won a division title the very next year, 2010. After Pioli was fired in 2012, the Chief's have not had a loosing record since. The very tragic and heart wrenching murder-suicide did Pioli in, changes had to be made for everyone's sake.

You do not start having winning seasons the very next season and onward, without having had good drafts the last 4-years. Pioli had some things to learn in his first stint as head GM, but I have no doubt his learning experience in KC prepared him well. He will be missed more than we know right now, but mostly come next April.

Bring one of this 2... I want a nasty football team.. run the football play defense...

Ed Dodds, assistant GM, Colts: Dodds was quietly considered Seahawks GM John Schneider’s secret weapon for years. And it took someone with Ballard’s institutional knowledge to come in and poach him. Word’s out now. Dodds is not only a top evaluator for the Colts but also helps Ballard run trades.

George Paton, assistant GM, Vikings: Paton’s now become sort of what Ballard was a couple years ago—a highly respected long-time No. 2 who’s been patient. Which means it’ll take the right team to pry him from Minnesota. Somehow, the Vikings have combined one of the league’s most talented rosters with a very healthy cap situation over the last few years, and Paton’s been in the thick of all of it.

ZoneOne01 likes this

33 minutes ago, joeyg2033 said:

Really? Prove it. 28-3... I know the defense folded. But all Ryan had to do was make one more conversion. Just one. And the SB would've been ours.  Oh yeah... the sack by Trey Flowers didn't help either. Just throw the **** ball away, and the SB is ours. 

But I guess you see it completely different as a Ryan apologist... 

Highest quarterback rating in Super Bowl history.

Good night.

20 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

The Chiefs were one of the worst franchises in the NFL, when Pioli came there in 2009. They won a division title the very next year, 2010. After Pioli was fired in 2012, the Chief's have not had a loosing record since. The very tragic and heart wrenching murder-suicide did Pioli in, changes had to be made for everyone's sake.

You do not start having winning seasons the very next season and onward, without having had good drafts the last 4-years. Pioli had some things to learn in his first stint as head GM, but I have no doubt his learning experience in KC prepared him well. He will be missed more than we know right now, but mostly come next April.

We had winning seasons before Pioli got here what are you talking about.TD and co put back to back to back winners 2008 to 2013 with consecutive playoff appearances and an NFCCG to boot before Pioli got here.

Pioli also got the boot from KC because he was a micro manager didn’t allow people to do there jobs without adding his 2 cents.

The idea that Pioli was the sole reason why talent acquisition changed or improved is also BS as the HC has as much influence as anyone.This whole idea that one man is responsible for certain things is more MB drivel.

Team sport on and off the field.

MSalmon and Flyin' In DC like this

43 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

The Chiefs were one of the worst franchises in the NFL, when Pioli came there in 2009. They won a division title the very next year, 2010. 

After Pioli was fired in 2012, the Chief's have not had a loosing record since.

That sounds like pretty compelling evidence that the players were already in place before Pioli got there and have done even better after he left.

The Scott Pioli that this forum references is a mythical creature.  

Edited by JeffAtl

3 hours ago, matty72780 said:

It’s pretty crazy when you think about this but in looking at the Falcons coaching decisions by upper management it’s impossible to not start pointing the finger at Thomas Dimitroff. In many cases head coaches in the NFL coach a couple of teams in their tenure and have fairly good results. However if you look at the Falcons moves from a leadership perspective we always seem to be making the wrong decisions which the brunt of the blame needs to be TDs, Blanks are fault too but you can’t fire the owner. 

Look at these coaches, and what do they all have in common? Jim Mora Jr, Bobby Petrino, Mike Smith, Dan Quinn.  These coaches span the last 16 years as the Falcons head coaches and NOT ONE has ever gotten another HC job for an NFL team (I’m including Quinn here because let’s get real, no other teams hiring the greatest choke artist in NFL history). 

Now let’s look at these coaches: Matt LaFleur and Kyle Shanahan - two coaches that were already on our staff that we let walk and are now the HC of winning teams with far less “on paper talent”. 

At some point the finger needs to be pointed at the person who has hired 4 incompetent coaches to fail and allowed two great coaches to leave and find success elsewhere.

Just another Falcons year of the Falcons being the Falcons.

Should have been fired after 2013 which was the beginning of an 18-30 run due to his roster building escapades. GMing a team that's 8-14 in the last 22 and coming up on possibly the worst cap situation in Falcon history. State Line.

Tmodel66 likes this

Just now, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Should have been fired after 2013 which was the beginning of an 18-30 run. GMing a team that's 8-14 in the last 22 and coming up on possibly the worst cap situation in Falcon history. State Line.

This is going to take about 2-3 years to fix. We better pull of a miracle in the draft

2 hours ago, texasfalconfan said:

Any chance we could get Rex Ryan to be our defensive coordinated when we fire Quinn and hire McCarthy 

**^* no to both Rex and McCarthy. You serious? 

1 minute ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

This is going to take about 2-3 years to fix. We better pull of a miracle in the draft

It can be fixed in one offseason with a new coaching staff since the QB, WR-1, WR-2, TE and most of the OL is already in place.  

I know it doesn't seem like the OL is any good, but the talent is there.  Give them proper coaching and they're be more that adequate for a championship run.  Every team forum thinks that their OL is the worst in the NFL - even the Patriots forum thinks theirs is underperforming.

1 minute ago, CTann said:

**^* no to both Rex and McCarthy. You serious? 

Rex Ryan as a DC would be an definite upgrade.  Rex Ryan as a HC would likely be an slight upgrade (at least at first), but probably not the best we can do.

Just now, JeffAtl said:

It can be fixed in one offseason with a new coaching staff since the QB, WR-1, WR-2, TE and most of the OL is already in place.  

I know it doesn't seem like the OL is any good, but the talent is there.  Give them proper coaching and they're be more that adequate for a championship run.  Every team forum thinks that their OL is the worst in the NFL - even the Patriots forum thinks theirs is underperforming.

What you’re forgetting is we will have to let players walk because we can’t afford to sign them. So this team will be vastly different next season. We have to hit on almost every draft pick and hope we find a few UDFA gems

1 minute ago, JeffAtl said:

TE is not in place. Hoop is a UFA. And we have no cap space. Get ready for the big purge. Troffed.

Charles Wright likes this

5 minutes ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

What you’re forgetting is we will have to let players walk because we can’t afford to sign them. So this team will be vastly different next season. We have to hit on almost every draft pick and hope we find a few UDFA gems

And hope they can play NFL level football in their first year which is difficult everywhere except TATF. Just look at our rooks and second year players this year. Awful.