matty72780

Thomas Dimitroff, needs to be fired. PERIOD

322 posts in this topic

It’s pretty crazy when you think about this but in looking at the Falcons coaching decisions by upper management it’s impossible to not start pointing the finger at Thomas Dimitroff. In many cases head coaches in the NFL coach a couple of teams in their tenure and have fairly good results. However if you look at the Falcons moves from a leadership perspective we always seem to be making the wrong decisions which the brunt of the blame needs to be TDs, Blanks are fault too but you can’t fire the owner. 

Look at these coaches, and what do they all have in common? Jim Mora Jr, Bobby Petrino, Mike Smith, Dan Quinn.  These coaches span the last 16 years as the Falcons head coaches and NOT ONE has ever gotten another HC job for an NFL team (I’m including Quinn here because let’s get real, no other teams hiring the greatest choke artist in NFL history). 

Now let’s look at these coaches: Matt LaFleur and Kyle Shanahan - two coaches that were already on our staff that we let walk and are now the HC of winning teams with far less “on paper talent”. 

At some point the finger needs to be pointed at the person who has hired 4 incompetent coaches to fail and allowed two great coaches to leave and find success elsewhere.

Just another Falcons year of the Falcons being the Falcons.

I said it elsewhere, but TD is a magician at getting out of the trouble and never gets asked any hard questions.

He has convinced Blank and the local press that he is great because of the Julio trade (and maybe the Grady 5th rounder) but has largely been terrible.

I also wonder if they are obsessed with his hair and the fact he used to work for the Pats.

All of the blame for this current Falcons team will be dumped on Quinn and TD will live another life.

Yep TD needs to be gone. He's had 11 years to build a decent OL and DL and failed. We see it time and time again his picks fail in the trenches. 

As long as he has been here OL has been and issue and we never put pressure in the QB. TD always picks small and weak players in the tenches.

Multiple coaches and the same crappy results on the DL and OL.

That should get him fired.

30 minutes ago, matty72780 said:

It’s pretty crazy when you think about this but in looking at the Falcons coaching decisions by upper management it’s impossible to not start pointing the finger at Thomas Dimitroff. In many cases head coaches in the NFL coach a couple of teams in their tenure and have fairly good results. However if you look at the Falcons moves from a leadership perspective we always seem to be making the wrong decisions which the brunt of the blame needs to be TDs, Blanks are fault too but you can’t fire the owner. 

Look at these coaches, and what do they all have in common? Jim Mora Jr, Bobby Petrino, Mike Smith, Dan Quinn.  These coaches span the last 16 years as the Falcons head coaches and NOT ONE has ever gotten another HC job for an NFL team (I’m including Quinn here because let’s get real, no other teams hiring the greatest choke artist in NFL history). 

Now let’s look at these coaches: Matt LaFleur and Kyle Shanahan - two coaches that were already on our staff that we let walk and are now the HC of winning teams with far less “on paper talent”. 

At some point the finger needs to be pointed at the person who has hired 4 incompetent coaches to fail and allowed two great coaches to leave and find success elsewhere.

Dimitroff only hired Smitty and Quinn. But, both of those head coaches went to the NFCCG and have overall winning records during their tenure.

Not saying I disagree that TD should or shouldn’t be here necessarily. But this argument you proposed ain’t it 

12 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

I said it elsewhere, but TD is a magician at getting out of the trouble and never gets asked any hard questions.

He has convinced Blank and the local press that he is great because of the Julio trade (and maybe the Grady 5th rounder) but has largely been terrible.

I also wonder if they are obsessed with his hair and the fact he used to work for the Pats.

All of the blame for this current Falcons team will be dumped on Quinn and TD will live another life.

TD had a horrible draft record before Pioli came, just in time to scout the 2014 draft class. We should have replaced TD with Pioli, but such logical things rarely happen in this world. Someone here said the two almost came to blows just before Piloi left. So, who winds up leaving? The more talented GM.

Stray Dog THA GAWD and Chaz like this

I’ll be impressed if Dimitroff manages to wriggle his way out of this one. Whether the team is good or bad, certain patterns remain with teams Dimitroff is involved with. I’m not trying to be smart when I say it's impressive because it really is. 

Posted (edited)

Quinn has had final say on the roster since he has been the coach.  TD has essentially been a "buyers agent" managing the cap hits rather than the primary talent acquirer like other GMs.

Regardless, wasn't Pioli given all the credit for assembling the team when it was generally accepted that the Falcons had good players?

Edited by JeffAtl
Flying Falcon likes this

6 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Dimitroff only hired Smitty and Quinn. But, both of those head coaches went to the NFCCG and have overall winning records during their tenure.

Not saying I disagree that TD should or shouldn’t be here necessarily. But this argument you proposed ain’t it 

Theres a reason Patriots cut him off.

sdogg and Da_Truth like this

Just now, mattyicefalcon said:

Theres a reason Patriots cut him off.

This statement has nothing to do with what the OP said and what I said. 

Meh... TD inherited a massive mess in December 2008 and has built 2 rosters here that SHOULD have won Super Bowls in the time since then.

It wasn’t his fault that Mike Smith got his best defensive player injured in 2012 in the final minutes of a meaningless week 17 game, and then proceeded to throw away a big lead in the NFC Championship Game, or that DQ and Shanghan threw away the super bowl from a virtually impossible position.

Most of TD most questionable moves, have been the ones which have been most heavily on supported here. 

20 minutes ago, Jesus said:

This isnt on dimitroff.

This is all Quinn and his merry band of jokesters.

Beasley...stinks.    Takk...stinks.    Matthews...stinks.   Neal...can't stay on the field.    Freeman...stinks.   Ryan...choke artist.

Nah...  this is on Dimitroff.  They only thing I can say is that he must have some compromising pictures of AB, because right now this guy is stealing money...

55 minutes ago, matty72780 said:

McKay has a much more common thread with all of these hires.

1 minute ago, joeyg2033 said:

Beasley...stinks.    Takk...stinks.    Matthews...stinks.   Neal...can't stay on the field.    Freeman...stinks.   Ryan...choke artist.

Nah...  this is on Dimitroff.  They only thing I can say is that he must have some compromising pictures of AB, because right now this guy is stealing money...

Ryan and Matthews are definitely on TD, but they have performed as expected.  Matthews is not a HOFer, but he has been consistently good (until this year).  Freeman may also be on TD, but he was a 4th round pick that produced at the level of a 1st rounder.  

Beasley, Takk and Neal and are on Quinn all the way.  (I definitely not saying Neal is bad and his injuries afe just bad luck, but I do think he was overrated before even before the injuries)

Falcon fan 4 ever likes this

7 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

McKay has a much more common thread with all of these hires.

Good point.  I do think that McKay and TD are very solid building blocks.  

They bring a level of professionalism to the Falcons that they lacked throughout their history.  There are ups and downs to be sure, but so far from dysfunctional.  

PokerSteve and MSalmon like this

36 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

Yep TD needs to be gone. He's had 11 years to build a decent OL and DL and failed. We see it time and time again his picks fail in the trenches. 

As long as he has been here OL has been and issue and we never put pressure in the QB. TD always picks small and weak players in the tenches.

Multiple coaches and the same crappy results on the DL and OL.

That should get him fired.

I am perfectly ok with dumping Capt. hair-Mousse as well, but consider this: he drafted the types of o-linemen his coaches' systems call ed for: smaller, more athletic zone-blocking linemen.

13 minutes ago, Roanoke Falcon said:

I am perfectly ok with dumping Capt. hair-Mousse as well, but consider this: he drafted the types of o-linemen his coaches' systems call ed for: smaller, more athletic zone-blocking linemen.

Even drafting for scheme his players on the trenches under performed. At some point the GM needs to say this weak light trench thing is not working and intervene.

If his scheme fit players would have actually panned out maybe TD would have a point.