Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Schwarzwald

Watson on the Falcons Defense

40 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, SirCzah said:

The fact that even Debo looks terrible in this defense further solidifies that Quinn is ineffectual as a HC or DC.  I am starting to seriously consider that all of the **** I have talked about Tru the last couple of seasons has been misdirected.

nahh man Tru be out there getting cooked sometimes lmfao

Falcons starting D in preseason gave up TD drive on first possession the 1st time all the starters played.  Preseason means something   

12 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Sounds like we threw the kitchen sink at them but they knew what was coming or how to beat it.  After sleeping on it and watching the press conference, I feel bad for DQ.  I honestly think he is trying but is just lost...either the plan is foiled by good plans on the other side or more often, guys just are lost.  We wanted a more complicated D and got it but seems like maybe what looks sound in practice against DK's somewhat generic O doesn't work so well in games against modern (attack weakness vs. take what they give us) offensive minds.

Schwarzwald and Vandy like this

36 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

Sounds like we threw the kitchen sink at them but they knew what was coming or how to beat it.  After sleeping on it and watching the press conference, I feel bad for DQ.  I honestly think he is trying but is just lost...either the plan is foiled by good plans on the other side or more often, guys just are lost.  We wanted a more complicated D and got it but seems like maybe what looks sound in practice against DK's somewhat generic O doesn't work so well in games against modern (attack weakness vs. take what they give us) offensive minds.

I don’t feel bad ... how can you ? we prepare every week just like every other team how is it that Panthers can come up with a scheme to stop Texans just last week but we can’t even lay a finger on him all i hear about Texans ohhhhh the Oline is horrible they can’t protect Watson blah blah blah ... then proceeds to have his best NFL game ever vs us ... thats sad and i can’t feel bad for DQ not anymore 

51 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

I understand what you are saying because obviously Dan Quinn didn't just forget how to coach somewhere along the way.  The problem doesn't seem to be predictable schemes, but just that all the players are playing the schemes very badly.  Unfortunately for DQ, getting the players to play well is also his job. 

1 hour ago, Monolith2001 said:

Acts of desperation.

6 hours ago, Monolith2001 said:

That’s pretty much why Manuel wasn’t gonna be the answer moving forward if it was about a system or scheme adjustment.

DQ is at least trying to evolve his scheme or approach. Maybe that explains guys not doing their job.

:shrug:

But when Rico specifically says: We practiced and prepared for what THEY DID to us yesterday. That is what gets me hung up.

So ya I understand why we replaced MM as a new system would need DQ being directly involved as DC. Manuel didn’t have a background before being promoted within DQ’s own back yard.

Should have just kept Sark instead.

Monolith2001 likes this

4 hours ago, Peyton said:

I understand what you are saying because obviously Dan Quinn didn't just forget how to coach somewhere along the way.  The problem doesn't seem to be predictable schemes, but just that all the players are playing the schemes very badly.  Unfortunately for DQ, getting the players to play well is also his job. 

Yep. It’s why he took over as DC because we were going to adjust. He will ultimately lose his job at this rate, but you can’t hate him for trying to make changes.

1 hour ago, Detroit_Falcon said:

Also, It doesn't help that Oliver cannot make a play or cover to save his life.

That dude is a grade A bust.