Monoxide

I’ve been a Beasley homer this year

51 posts in this topic

I love Vic and he’ll always be one of my favorites. With that being said, today was startling. He seems to be in a regression and I’m just not sure he can be the consistent player I’ve prayed he can be.

That’s a tough pill for me to swallow, because you’ll be hard to find a better person off the field.

1 minute ago, Monoxide said:

I love Vic and he’ll always be one of my favorites. With that being said, today was startling. He seems to be in a regression and I’m just not sure he can be the consistent player I’ve prayed he can be.

That’s a tough pill for me to swallow, because you’ll be hard to find a better person off the field.

Grady Jarrett will remain my avatar for the rest of the year, as I can’t think of any other player on this team who truly excites me long term. Debo too I suppose and Julio at least for the next few years.

There is absolutely no shame in believing in, cheering for, and anticipating the best of one of our players.

The shame is on the players, for letting all of us down.

6 minutes ago, Monoxide said:

Grady Jarrett will remain my avatar for the rest of the year, as I can’t think of any other player on this team who truly excites me long term. Debo too I suppose and Julio at least for the next few years.

Part of the problem is that you won’t find a nicer person ON the field as well. 

Posted (edited)

All it took was the offensive linemen to learn that he can only spin to win. Sucks that he's so athletic, but always looks lost especially out in coverage. Worst tackler on our team too.

Edited by Grimes
ya_boi_j likes this

I wasn’t willing to write him off initially, but after the start to this season I’m done with him. The only thing he is consistent in is being a day late and a dollar short at getting to the QB. He’s shown no interest in adding to his skill set since being drafted. Pure speed worked at Clemson, gotta bring more to the table in the NFL. 

I liked Vic too since we drafted him but now i hate to say it but he just has to go i want to be good so bad but enough is enough

9 minutes ago, Monoxide said:

That is why he has not lived up to expectations. What he is off the field has taken away what he should be on the field. Was worried about this from the get-go, after listening to him being interviewed.

Ezekiel 25:17 likes this

7 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

@saints4life25 aye bruh don’t forget you got a bet on Vic getting double digit sacks this season. You’re in the green right now

He can go ahead and send me his PayPal and I’ll send the 50 this week.

1.5 sacks through 5 games and he looked completely lost today. 

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Even if Beasley has underperformed rushing the passer, we have had Oliver as the most glaring defender. What...3 or 4 major plays on blown coverage?

And then there’s the multitude of blown assignments between Trufant and Campbell. Grady has literally been the only defensive player that has consistently looked good. Even Debo has had some uncharacteristically bad moments.

1 minute ago, Monoxide said:

And then there’s the multitude of blown assignments between Trufant and Campbell. Grady has literally been the only defensive player that has consistently looked good. Even Debo has had some uncharacteristically bad moments.

Eh, Tru has been good enough. He plays good enough for coverage sacks and actually makes some plays. Oliver hasn’t made many plays in coverage but allows a lot. On top of that, despite tackling well he fails to CONTAIN well on the edge. Campbell definitely isn’t irreplaceable but he has been decent.

Its a few plays here and there last couple weeks but this week it was complete breakdown all game. Run D and Pass D.

In the right system, with the right coach, in the right role and in the right situation, Beasley can be very good.

I always thought the had the potential to be a Charles Haley type player - though not to his level.

Draftnut57 likes this

Everyone is playing poorly. His issues are the same as the others. Someone slash Bob Sutton's tires before he leaves for practice next week. 

While he is getting them replaced Quinn can get back to his basic Seattle defense.

39 minutes ago, Monoxide said:

To be honest VB44 has cost himself millions.DQ used poor judgement in thinking he could turn this guy around unfortunately he isn’t it and will no doubt be a part time player the rest of his career.

I feel sorry for Jarrett he’s busting his butt every week for not much reward behind him.

Domed Outter likes this

Posted (edited)

47 minutes ago, Monoxide said:

I told yall but nobody would listen..I watched him in person every home game at Clemson. He was always overrated because of "speed"...Grady was the one that always caught my eye..Vic Disappeared waaay too often..............Btw, Hes too nice off the field tbh. I thought "no way this dude is gonna put fear into any QB's" when I met him. lol

Edited by zekeyboy1

7 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Let’s look at the bright side. Most of us wanted to let him go and sign Justin Houston. He’s not doing much either so regardless it would have been $10+ million wasted 

I wanted Preston Smith most, but thought he got overpaid in GB...here he is, week 5 with 5.5 sacks. Hard to predict this stuff sometimes.

ya_boi_j likes this

Never forget that softie retweeted a 28 to 3 joke like he wasn't part of the game or like he didn't go missing during that postseason. 

Just now, Francis York Morgan said:

I wanted Preston Smith most, but thought he got overpaid in GB...here he is, week 5 with 5.5 sacks. Hard to predict this stuff sometimes.

It’s hard to predict **** near everything sports related. We just guess and hope we’re right for bragging rights even if it means being negative about certain players. The only thing someone can actually predict in sports is the Patriots winning their division 

Geneaut likes this