Hear me out for a second...Peyton Manning as head coach.

17 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

If we let Beasley go midseason, he would likely sign with the Saints and have 10 sacks against us later this year?  He is gone after this season no matter what.

As for Freeman, I am just hoping he pulls a muscle or something soon and signs an injury settlement.  However, TD is not going anywhere midseason and would not let Freeman walk midseason.

I hear you...we won’t get a new coach before offseason anyways...I was referring to after this season the new coach can do what they please w the staff...sorry for the misunderstanding.

I would say Ryan, Jarrett and the Jones’ boys are the only sacred cows on the roster.

2 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

The last thing this veteran squad needs is a young HC with no real coaching experience

What we really need is a veteran HC that will come in and start chewing out players like Beasley rather than coddling them.  We need one who can see that players like Freeman are out of gas or don't want to play and just sit them.  We need a HC willing to take a chance on a player like Ollison rather than leaving them on the inactives.  We need a HC willing to throw a challenge flag more than once a season.

Couldn't agree more..........I do not like McCarthy but he may be just the elixir that this team needs

2 hours ago, JeffAtl said:

Being a head coach is nothing like being a player.  It is more like a CEO job, which is why a lot of coordinators struggle with it.

Also, great players usually don't make good coaches.

This.

HC equals man management and direction of the team

OC DC hands on coaching like positions coaches.This is DQ ultimately.

2 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

If we let Beasley go midseason, he would likely sign with the Saints and have 10 sacks against us later this year?  He is gone after this season no matter what.

As for Freeman, I am just hoping he pulls a muscle or something soon and signs an injury settlement.  However, TD is not going anywhere midseason and would not let Freeman walk midseason.

This is so true man...