Like It or Not, Blowing the Team Up Isn’t Likely

Nino11

Feel Freeman has lost a step? Julio isn’t worth the money? Matt Ryan is garbage? Doesn’t matter. Their contracts they have would make it a negative move cap wise to get rid of them. All of our top names our pretty much locked in. The only ones who are cut-able/trade-able is Sanu and Mack, and Mack may retire next year anyway. Ty Sombarlio is probably gon as well, but outside of those 3, it wouldn’t make much sense to get rid of anybody that would bring any cap relief. 

Quinn will get to at least the end of the season but I think a coaching change is pretty likely if we finish as bad as we started, and TD’s 9 lives may even run out if the new coach wants a fresh start at GM or even a big name wants dual responsibility. Player wise we are pretty much locked in with contracts up till 2021

Edited by Nino11
Fix title

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

Depends what you call blowing up.

If you clear the FO and coaches you’ve blown up that side of things to move in a new direction.

I’m talkin player wise. The guys we got are pretty much who we are gonna roll out next year. 

Just now, The Vent King said:

I agree OP, but I hope they at least get rid of TD, Quinn, and McKay. They’re all just hollow execs that don’t know much of anything.

TDs saving grace is that you can’t argue he hasn’t brought in talent. People have unrealistic expectations of the draft. He actually has a pretty high hit rate in comparison to most GMs. But I could see a coach wanting a fresh start or more control and TD being let go as well. 

Just now, caponine said:

Freeman and Beasley are gone. I'm pretty sure they dont mind taking that hit 

Beasley is gon outside of him signing for dirt cheap. Freeman hasn’t played nearly as bad as you make it. I don’t know if he tinkled in your Cheerios or what but he had some good plays today 

2 minutes ago, Nino11 said:

TDs saving grace is that you can’t argue he hasn’t brought in talent. People have unrealistic expectations of the draft. He actually has a pretty high hit rate in comparison to most GMs. But I could see a coach wanting a fresh start or more control and TD being let go as well. 

He has brought in some bums too. But I agree it’s a package deal with the coach and GM. TD and McKay just remind me too much of all the failures that have happened on their watch. Just wanna start clean.

3 minutes ago, Nino11 said:

This is where I’m at off field direction will be the key off season decision.

AB has he seen enough or is he feeling loyal and stick with the status quo.

There is no reason to blow the team up.  Replacing the coaching staff will take care of most of it.

I do need Freeman needs to go just from a cosmic cleansing point of view.  This team has been in a tail spin since his superbowl shenanigans and missed block.

Freeman's contract doesn't make cutting him prohibitive.  It is a common fallacy that all "dead money" is bad.

Edited by JeffAtl

2 minutes ago, Jesus said:

You don't need to blow the team up. You need better schemes. 

This offense was built to run the WCO. It now runs the 4 verts

This defense was built to run 4-3 it now runs...whatever that is out there.

Not sure what the plan was here. But it looks bad everywhere.

Sad to say it’s starting to look like 2014 all over again. No identity other then getting punished by everybody we play

3 minutes ago, Nino11 said:

Beasley is gon outside of him signing for dirt cheap. Freeman hasn’t played nearly as bad as you make it. I don’t know if he tinkled in your Cheerios or what but he had some good plays today 

He sure has tinkled in Quinn's Cocoa Puffs. The man is still starting him. 

Freeman has always been streaky but I think the injuries are Adding a lot of fuel to the “he has lost a step” flame. He looks the same to me minus the carries and running lanes of the zone blocking scheme. That was a big part of his success that we don’t do any more 

2 minutes ago, Nino11 said:

Sad to say it’s starting to look like 2014 all over again. No identity other then getting punished by everybody we play

Which is fine. Things started to get better in 2015 and in the super bowl in 2016. 

Personally, I don't want to wait two more years. They should have this straight this year. 

1 minute ago, jamesmasen said:

Free ,Beasley, Mack, bosher, trufant, sambrillo, are all gone imo

Say we cut Freeman, that’s a 6 million cap hit of dead money vs a 3.5 million in salary cap we get. That doesn’t make much sense. Maybe in 2021