Did I hear someone say Mike McCarthy?

*TMo*

I'm alright with Mike McCarthy. Don't want us to hire a guy that once had coffee with Sean McVay. Mike is a veteran and runs a WCO that Ryan could have a lot of success with. Plus, if he gives Ryan as much control to make adjustments at the line that he gave Rodgers, I'd be pretty happy. 

Honestly, I'm more concerned with what we are going to do on defense. Grady and Debo are the only players worth keeping. (I could probably be swayed on Rico) 

3 hours ago, thanat0s said:

No problem with him. He’s a SB winning coach with a long, successful track record. No more first time HC experiments, as I posted earlier. 

If being a SB winning HC is the criteria then I'd rather have Cowher or Dungy before McCarthy despite them being years away from the game.

That's how much I dislike McCarthy as HC.

26 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

The offensive version of Dan Quinn.

Well there is that Superbowl ring...

And there are two games where McCarthy only had to punt the ball one time.... both against the Falcons...  so they kind of have that in common but in the exact opposite way.

I would say yes only because McCarthy would instantly scrub this team, clean the decks! Cut down in the small talentless players and start building the lines with more physicality and Beefy players! They will also send Freeman packing and rebuild the running game! Ryan would most likely stay but McCarthy would build his team around running the ball and playing defense! 

4 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Well there is that Superbowl ring...

And there are two games where McCarthy only had to punt the ball one time.... both against the Falcons...  so they kind of have that in common but in the exact opposite way.

Everything Quinn gets tagged with: riding great player/players to a ring, stale, static scheme, is McCarthy to a tee.