Duke Riley had more tackles than Beasley

tldr

5 minutes ago, LouDog said:

But only the oldskool Madden where it was all about stick speed. Not the new school one where ya actually have to think and understand the game of football and whatnot.

New madden trash. You just throw it up and whoever presses triangle/Y first catch it

Actually, maybe we should give Vic credit as one of the best con-artists of all time?

He suckered us fans into loving him after 2016-17 (a few good games?) and got the owner to give him a big contract

He has played relatively easily for a few years and even suckered the HC into falling for him for an option season

He is now just standing around on the field, earning his $13 million for doing nothing

He will probably just retire rich after this season or maybe sucker a team desperate for a DE into signing him for a year or so

He might have irritated a bunch of people into hating him, but the guy is rich now and really not too injured from football?

The coaching staff have stood by Beasley and paid him despite his mediocrity.

Athletically Beasley was 100% capable of being a premier pass rusher. Unfortunately he’s clearly not been held accountable and not been coached properly. He’s got away with being average and his talent has gone to waste.

You can’t blame Beasley for getting paid £13 million despite being average. If my work offered me a huge pay rise for being awful at my job I’d happily accept and continue to give them that level of work because clearly that’s what they want from me.

3 hours ago, uk falcs fan said:

The coaching staff have stood by Beasley and paid him despite his mediocrity.

Athletically Beasley was 100% capable of being a premier pass rusher. Unfortunately he’s clearly not been held accountable and not been coached properly. He’s got away with being average and his talent has gone to waste.

You can’t blame Beasley for getting paid £13 million despite being average. If my work offered me a huge pay rise for being awful at my job I’d happily accept and continue to give them that level of work because clearly that’s what they want from me.

Even though sports contract are not linear with us regular Joe’s pay, I get your point!