Running Game Needs A Spark/Change

caponine

Activate Ollison and use Ito and Ollison. Have to start scouting our rbs. And dont even use the excuse that we were down. We were in this game and still couldnt run the ball. Offensive Line actually opened up holes today. As You could see with Ito. No more excuses. Blow up the running game, it's not just Matt Ryan. He needs help. Freeman might be gone with Quinn because let's face it the only reason Freeman still starting is because of Quinn.

Edited by caponine

6 minutes ago, mikeg272 said:

Big fan of Ito but dang what was up with him and the turf monster today. Seemed like he was falling over his own feet every time he touched the ball

Ridley and Fuller also slipped. might have been something up with the field 

2 minutes ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

Running game, online, and defense has definitely not helped this team at all.. 

But we're also missing Shanahan's play designs and deceptions with similar formations. Also I miss those nice routes he built for the RBs. Not just dump off in the middle of the field.

Running game has to go all gas no brakes no exceptions , ever since ryan has come into the league. He has had the most success when he has a great running game. He doesnt have it and it ain't a coincidence. 

1 minute ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Freeman is not good anymore, but our run blocking isn’t good either. I honestly don’t think giving Ito more time would help us much. It wouldn’t hurt us though. 

Need to see what we have in him and Ollison. Freeman is gone either way but Ito and Ollison maybe the future. Idk about that last part. Ito was finding holes but only got 5 Carries 

Just now, caponine said:

Need to see what we have in him and Ollison. Freeman is gone either way but Ito and Ollison maybe the future. Idk about that last part. Ito was finding holes but only got 5 Carries 

I do wanna see Ollison as well. And yeah Ito at least has more burst to find holes and get to open space unlike Free. 

1 minute ago, caponine said:

Running game has to go all gas no brakes no exceptions , ever since ryan has come into the league. He has had the most success when he has a great running game. He doesnt have it and it ain't a coincidence. 

Yup just look back to every season we've had since 2008. We win when we run the ball. I know we have injuries on the oline, but we've had worse lines in the past.

2 minutes ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

I'm sick of Freeman though. Always all talk. One good season that he leveraged and bent our arm backwards for a shiny new deal, proceeds to miss the most crucial block in SB, then disappears for a few seasons and now can't run 5 yards without juking 34 times.

Your right ... 2016. 2015 he started to wear down and wasn't that good the 2nd half of that year. 2017 and 2018 subpar and injury riddled years 

Didnt like the contract or his antics tbh 

Edited by caponine

29 minutes ago, caponine said:

Activate Ollison and use Ito and Ollison. Have to start scouting our rbs. And dont even use the excuse that we were down. We were in this game and still couldnt run the ball. Offensive Line actually opened up holes today. As You could see with Ito. No more excuses. Blow up the running game, it's not just Matt Ryan. He needs help. Freeman might be gone with Quinn because let's face it the only reason Freeman still starting is because of Quinn.

See this is it Cap like I was saying yesterday running Ito & Free inside how’d that work.These coordinators are seriously sabotaging this team.I agree Ollison should have been activated week 1.

Have a look today where was Free most effective not between the tackles.Its that simple really.