Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ghostpenguin

How long till Quinn is gone now that we are 1-4?

33 posts in this topic

We will likely go into Arizona and lose there also. So we will be 1-5 losing to a winless team. How much longer will this pain have to last?  After Quinn lost us the SB... he should have been gone. 

(Or watch us blow out the Cardinals mess up our draft picks and Quinn keeps his job)

Godzilla1985 and vitaman like this

1 hour ago, RubberDucky said:

Today.

Arthur letting him stay sends a message that flushing a season away is acceptable.

He shouldnt be allowed to visit Arizona.... but of he is fired who takes over?  DK??  (Shudder)

The defense gave up 52 points.

time to change.

the idea for DQ to take over the defense has been a flop

time to clean house. Too much coach speak, too many excuses

if these was ever a team that looked like it needed s housekeeping it is this one. Right now 

vitaman likes this

The Cardinals won, so they'll be on a high, maybe they take us lightly like how we prepare for teams

Like already mentioned, Cardinals are in the same spot we are, with a magical one win.

Quinn is a defensive coordinator AND head coach, not sure the last time someone who has that much "control" of the team has been fired this early?

With the potential interims, apart from maybe Ulbrich and Morris, what is the benefit of changing an already lost season again to nab 2/3 wins at the end and mess up draft position (I'm not that defeatist, but let's be realistic, the season is done, and plans for 2020 really need to be brought about behind the scenes).

3 minutes ago, Domed Outter said:

Like already mentioned, Cardinals are in the same spot we are, with a magical one win.

Quinn is a defensive coordinator AND head coach, not sure the last time someone who has that much "control" of the team has been fired this early?

With the potential interims, apart from maybe Ulbrich and Morris, what is the benefit of changing an already lost season again to nab 2/3 wins at the end and mess up draft position (I'm not that defeatist, but let's be realistic, the season is done, and plans for 2020 really need to be brought about behind the scenes).

The only positive would be to use the remainder of this season to implement a new culture and scheme.  That would put 2020 in a much better light with the transition.  Other than that, I'm at a loss.  I want to keep hope alive and believe that the light bulb will come on.  

For the most part it looks like guys are in the spots to make plays, but they don't make the plays due to a lack of physicality or a lack of focus.

Just now, NWFALCON said:

The only positive would be to use the remainder of this season to implement a new culture and scheme.  That would put 2020 in a much better light with the transition.  Other than that, I'm at a loss.  I want to keep hope alive and believe that the light bulb will come on.  

For the most part it looks like guys are in the spots to make plays, but they don't make the plays due to a lack of physicality or a lack of focus.

Definitely. I would hope that Quinn next week will make some personnel changes at minimum, got to see who else on the roster can be of team value for the future, and if he stumbles upon a winning formula then fantastic, at least he would have given some others an opportunity to make their case to stay with the team.

A couple of months ago I said Blank is not firing Quinn during the regular season.

But I didn't expect them to look like the absolute bottom layer of NFL sewage, either.

So if he fires him tonight, it would make perfect sense.

That's how bad we are after 5 lousy games.

Even if he fired DQ and TD today, all the coordinators, assistants and front office staff would remain the same. Your just not going to replace an entire staff mid-season. All people who were hired by TD and DQ. Of course Kutty and Mularkey have no real allegiance to him since this is their first season together. So you can fire em both and culture isn’t necessarily going to change. If we are 1-7 at the bye. I don’t think Arthur could help himself but to go ahead and let DQ go. Sutton could call defense or Ulbrich and Mularkey in my opinion would be best for interim Head Coach and Kutty calling offense.

Then on Black Monday clean house and I don’t think anybody will be spared sans Rich McKay. 

We have had the last 2 head coaches being defensive minded, yet our defense always seems to stink it up. I sure hope that if we get a new head coach that we go with a offensive minded one and go get a good DC to go along with him. I want a good defense to go along with Matt Ryan and Julio.

Godzilla1985 likes this

I think as soon as it is obvious we won’t make the playoffs Quinn is gone.  AB will want first pick at a new HC and I would be surprised to see TD gone as well.  The HC we get will more than likely want to be GM too.  

5 minutes ago, Lowndesfalc said:

Even if he fired DQ and TD today, all the coordinators, assistants and front office staff would remain the same. Your just not going to replace an entire staff mid-season. All people who were hired by TD and DQ. Of course Kutty and Mularkey have no real allegiance to him since this is their first season together. So you can fire em both and culture isn’t necessarily going to change. If we are 1-7 at the bye. I don’t think Arthur could help himself but to go ahead and let DQ go. Sutton could call defense or Ulbrich and Mularkey in my opinion would be best for interim Head Coach and Kutty calling offense.

Then on Black Monday clean house and I don’t think anybody will be spared sans Rich McKay. 

Agreed.  Probable scenario.  Next HC will prolly have GM in title too.  The Falcons team has inconsistent talent across the team and a lot of “talented” wrong players.

Lowndesfalc likes this

21 minutes ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

I think as soon as it is obvious we won’t make the playoffs Quinn is gone.  AB will want first pick at a new HC and I would be surprised to see TD gone as well.  The HC we get will more than likely want to be GM too.  

I assume you mean when we are mathematically eliminated because it’s already obvious the falcons aren’t making the playoffs

Ghostpenguin and crimsonhawk like this

5 hours ago, RubberDucky said:

Today.

Arthur letting him stay sends a message that flushing a season away is acceptable.

lets be real, firing Quinn won't magically make this team in to a juggernaut. Season is lost one way or another

20 minutes ago, Romfal said:

lets be real, firing Quinn won't magically make this team in to a juggernaut. Season is lost one way or another

Exactly.

Why delay the inevitable? What's the point of him hanging around?

The ultimate punishment would be quinn to be fired and I'm ok with that.  It's just that I don't know who else can coach this team at this moment.

I think Quinn should have to wear a clown suit until he gets the team to the .500 mark or until he resigns. At least that way we would know he is just running the circus. Cause he sure is not coaching football.

3 hours ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

I assume you mean when we are mathematically eliminated because it’s already obvious the falcons aren’t making the playoffs

Yeah, there is no way we make the playoffs.  There is probably no way we win four games, but yeah, mathematically eliminated.