*** Official Falcons Vs Texans In-Game Thread ***

2 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

You misunderstood some.. Do not hire a defensive head coach, but a actual defensive coordinator.. Im actually ok hiring Rex to run our defense next season 

If you get an offensive genius to be HC, your best chance to win a SB is Matt Ryan and our pass game.

Imagine this team with Kyle calling plays still. Or Matt with a guy like McVay or LaFleur!

You ain’t burning everything down here and getting cap space back to win trying to catch the next Mack in FA for $25M a year.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great call Dirk!    Beautiful execution.

“Obviously we didn’t get the outcome that we wanted but we still have some tough-@$$ competitors in that lockeroom and we’re gonna be right back at it tomorrow to get it corrected so we can play to ou

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

If you get an offensive genius to be HC, your best chance to win a SB is Matt Ryan and our pass game.

Imagine this team with Kyle calling plays still. Or Matt with a guy like McVay or LaFleur!

You ain’t burning everything down here and getting cap space back to win trying to catch the next Mack in FA for $25M a year.

But our oline tho....TD cant fix it.. Gotta get rid of him 1st..

22 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

We need to trade Ryan, ditch Free and Beasley, fire all staff.. Draft a young qb on a rookie contract and fix the defense.. It can be done by next season 

Dude no it can't what the **** do yall not understand about the Cap space hit we would take for letting Ryan go.  The other 2 can be done but Ryans contract can't be moved this offseason with how much dead cap it would make for us under our current cap situation.  Even if you trade him which you could easily do for a 1st or 2 and maybe more.  You would still eat the 40 to 50 million he is owed in signing bonuses.  If you just released him you would owe him ALL his guarantees which would be an insane amount of dead space to take on.  The earliest you can move Ryan and be safe to do so and gain some cap space out of it is 2022.

1 hour ago, jlrfalcon said:

Anybody feel as bad after this game as they did after SB51?

SB51 in Houston

2/15/17

Final Score 34-28

Today in Houston

10/6/19

Final Score 53-32

Led both at halftime

I at least felt confident for 2017-18 after the first game, but feel no confidence in Falcons right now

I still respected Quinn some after the first game, but could not say anything good about him right now

I still had thoughts of Beasley and Freeman being good after the first game, but wonder about both players now

I had feelings the defense was improving after the first game, but look at a disaster right now

Edited by jlrfalcon
16 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Dude no it can't what the **** do yall not understand about the Cap space hit we would take for letting Ryan go.  The other 2 can be done but Ryans contract can't be moved this offseason with how much dead cap it would make for us under our current cap situation.  Even if you trade him which you could easily do for a 1st or 2 and maybe more.  You would still eat the 40 to 50 million he is owed in signing bonuses.  If you just released him you would owe him ALL his guarantees which would be an insane amount of dead space to take on.  The earliest you can move Ryan and be safe to do so and gain some cap space out of it is 2022.

Yep. Earliest Ryan is gone for it to be a meaningful gain in cap savings; the only purpose of even mentioning this “strategy” post-Ryan, is after 2021.

Ryan is the starter next 2 years at minimum. 2022 would have over $15M in dead cap but at least a solid gain in cap space would exist. Not sure if a single $15M defender and going to a rookie contract QB for the 2022 draft would be a net neutral tho...not even sure if you avoid being a net negative until 2023 at earliest.

20 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Say what? What part did you not comprehend about trading Ryan.. Never mentioned cutting him

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Yep. Earliest Ryan is gone for it to be a meaningful gain in cap savings; the only purpose of even mentioning this “strategy” post-Ryan, is after 2021.

Ryan is the starter next 2 years at minimum. 2022 would have over $15M in dead cap but at least a solid gain in cap space would exist. Not sure if a single $15M defender and going to a rookie contract QB for the 2022 draft would be a net neutral tho...not even sure if you avoid being a net negative until 2023 at earliest.

Thank god someone else on this board knows how the cap works and just doesn't act like this is madden which im not even sure what their saying would work in madden.  I understand their frustrations even though i don't agree with them at all on Ryan.  But still atleast make realistic assumptions that can actually happen.  And if you don't know how the cap works then don't say anything at all or ask someone who does.

Just now, FalconFan13 said:

Thank god someone else on this board knows how the cap works and just doesn't act like this is madden which im not even sure what their saying would work in madden.  I understand their frustrations even though i don't agree with them at all on Ryan.  But still atleast make realistic assumptions that can actually happen.  And if you don't know how the cap works then don't say anything at all or ask someone who does.

Well if he wants to trade Ryan it’s more possible but still a given up year the year you trade him...

you lose more cap space than having him on roster by trading him next offseason.

Ryan isn’t the problem with the team so not like he is moving anytime soon.

8 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Say what? What part did you not comprehend about trading Ryan.. Never mentioned cutting him

Did you not read in there where i said you would still be on the book for his entire Signing bonus if you trade him?  That is still 30 to 40 million dollars we have to eat in cap space and dead money.  They don't take on the entire contract when they trade for a player we still eat a good portion of his contract.  It's better than eating all of his guaranteed from just cutting him but you are still eating alot and with our cap space as it is right now with all these new signings of younger players we just did and Julio.  Thats not a possible thing to do until as said 2022.  

Trust me i understand your hate for Ryan and frustrations with the team but what you are asking for is not possible just yet my guy.  You are gonna have to wait it out for another few years then you can make the move you are wanting to make.  If anything and you want to blame someone then blame Dimitroff for signing Grady, Julio, Debo, and Ryan to those contracts and making it impossible to eat his 30+ mil if you cut him. 

1 hour ago, Precyse said:

It's amazing how trash our d is. I can only names Roby from the Texans secondary. Wasnt that one of their weaknesses? 

No. Texans secondary is really good. Johnathan Joseph has been a top 10 corner in the NFL for about 10 years now. Gipson and Reid are one of the best safety duos in the NFL.

7 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

This will be a great Sports Sunday or a worst Sports Sunday for me

Falcons lose, Braves lose - both teams' seasons not officially over, but close to it

Falcons win, Braves win - a reason to still be excited about Atlanta sports

One wins, One loses - a reason to be happy but still not a great day

Did I jinx myself?

1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Trade still leaves you on the books for nearly $30M in cap.

You are truly not planning out your “plan” well...

Its just the best scenario we have to move Ryan.. At this point im done with discussing Ryan..this season is over.. Im looking for ways to improve this team till the draft. Ryan is a dead horse to me from this point. Trying to dig through some available coaches right now.. Thats where its going to start 

3 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Its just the best scenario we have to move Ryan.. At this point im done with discussing Ryan..this season is over.. Im looking for ways to improve this team till the draft. Ryan is a dead horse to me from this point. Trying to dig through some available coaches right now.. Thats where its going to start 

Thanks for your display of mercy.