*** Official Falcons Vs Texans In-Game Thread ***

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great call Dirk!    Beautiful execution.

“Obviously we didn’t get the outcome that we wanted but we still have some tough-@$$ competitors in that lockeroom and we’re gonna be right back at it tomorrow to get it corrected so we can play to ou

Posted Images

1 minute ago, JeffAtl said:

Ryan's contract isn't the bad one though.  Beasley and Freeman are two of the worst.  

Under competent coaching, Ryan is a top 5 QB in the league.

We need to trade Ryan, ditch Free and Beasley, fire all staff.. Draft a young qb on a rookie contract and fix the defense.. It can be done by next season 

5 minutes ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

No, it's only garbage time if you are losing 40-7. One or two score games isn't garbage time.  Dualing touchdown to touchdown with other teams isn't garbage time. That's trying to out score a team( who usually has alot better defense) , who is scoring every time they touch the ball. By your logic, every QB gets their stats in garbage time. Brees definitely pads his though.

Well understood. I haven’t been able to catch the last few games as it was out of my market. Just followed the rants here.

3 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

We need to trade Ryan, ditch Free and Beasley, fire all staff.. Draft a young qb on a rookie contract and fix the defense.. It can be done by next season 

So, get a defensive head coach and roll the dice on a rookie QB contract?

Not that your approach is doable from all the dead money. You basically waste 2 years of cap in the rookie contract.

But I know your only plans are going for another Defensive HC Meanwhile you still have Prime Ryan and Julio...

This League is Now built on offense and complimentary and situational D. I’d rather go back to a WCO head coach and you can’t get worse than the current D.

5 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Drafting a rookie QB is a crapshoot though.  The Falcons could be wandering in the desert for years (and trading draft picks to do it) trying to find someone decent.  Once we do find a decent QB, he will want an even bigger salary cap allocation than Ryan is getting.

I get your point, but with this current coaching staff, no QB could thrive.

Just now, JeffAtl said:

Drafting a rookie QB is a crapshoot though.  The Falcons could be wandering in the desert for years (and trading draft picks to do it) trying to find someone decent.  Once we do find a decent QB, he will want an even bigger salary cap allocation than Ryan is getting.

Imo, the entire coaching staff needs to go.. Gm included

4 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Not that your approach is doable from all the dead money. You basically waste 2 years of cap in the rookie contract.

But I know your only plans are going for another Defensive HC Meanwhile you still have Prime Ryan and Julio...

This League is Now built on offense and complimentary and situational D. I’d rather go back to a WCO head coach and you can’t get worse than the current D.

You misunderstood some.. Do not hire a defensive head coach, but a actual defensive coordinator.. Im actually ok hiring Rex to run our defense next season 

3 minutes ago, JeffAtl said:

So is Matt RYan most of the time..lol

5 minutes ago, Ghostpenguin said:

This is oddly true. He is a great QB, but has a crap ton of garbage padding his stats too

It’s almost like the same could be true for Matt...but for some dumb reason we keep hoping the defensive genius HC is worth it and we let Matt get 3 previous OCs head coaching gigs largely off their resume with the Falcons.

^Let THAT sink in.

8 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

He just wants a reason to get rid of Ryan.