Monoxide

*** Official Falcons Vs Texans In-Game Thread ***

2,710 posts in this topic

Dan Quinn needs to give up this defensive adjustment he made in the off season and go back to the basics.

It's sad to see people wide open every single game. It easily gets the opposing team into a rhythm.

Freeman looks not even a shell of his former self. He looks to be avoiding contact and rather bounce outside to avoid contact. He could have cut it inside on that first down run and gotten positive yardage but bounced outside.

Schwarzwald and Lord Sarcomere like this

1 minute ago, diehardfalconsfan said:

Same here...this team has no future or hope with him here. Winning only drags this garbage out longer 

That was supposed to say almost not also. Stupid brain and fingers not working together.

1 minute ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Matthews blocking the same guy as Hooper. Sending a free rusher at his QB 

To be fair it was a good corner blitz call. :ninja:

We got behind the chains and that's the price we pay.

Overcame the 1st down shot to Julio but couldn't overcome losing 2 to Freeman on 1st...

Honestly, ride Ito.

I'd like to see Brian Hill come in at this rate other than Free.

Faithful Falcon likes this

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

It really shouldn't be happening. We aren't getting beat 1on1 on that play. It's communication and guys being on the same page.

These playersvknown each other for seasons now.

What do they talk about at practice?

Just now, stizz said:

Handing Freeman the ball is an absolute detriment every time.

If only a coach on this team could recognize this fact.

Peteshweddy likes this

Now Texans will march down the field and make it 20 to 10 with a lot of penalties on the falcons D. The frustrations of this franchise clearly translate onto the field...

13 minutes ago, likeriver said:

We need a QB that can power through multiple defenders in his face. I'm sorry that's just how the game is played now.

Or one that can scramble and keep the play alive. Along with a rocket arm that can get the ball downfield.

Just now, The Don™ said:

Freeman looks not even a shell of his former self. He looks to be avoiding contact and rather bounce outside to avoid contact. He could have cut it inside on that first down run and gotten positive yardage but bounced outside.

I agree here. Just because first guy gets into the backfield doesn't mean bounce it wide completely. He had a crease if he goes N/S after getting bounced slightly.

Lord Sarcomere likes this

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

To be fair it was a good corner blitz call. :ninja:

We got behind the chains and that's the price we pay.

Overcame the 1st down shot to Julio but couldn't overcome losing 2 to Freeman on 1st...

Honestly, ride Ito.

I'd like to see Brian Hill come in at this rate other than Free.

Real talk. I'm sick of Free. He's running scared.

Peteshweddy likes this

4 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Trufant is only supposed to follow his man across the field like that if it was match. 

Everyone played it like it was a spot drop which means Oliver was supposed to pick it up.

This is one of those where you really can’t know whose fault it is unless you know the call.

Rico's reaction (frustration in Trufant's direction) seemed to indicate Tru was at fault. I can agree with your assessment, I just know people are going to want to blame Rico

The Falcons are so boring.  This ****** Quinn led defense and predictable Koetter ran offense.  Just not fun to watch.