Dan Quinn's Tenure As Head Coach: What Say You All?

Dan Quinn's Tenure As Head Coach: What Say You All?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Where Do You Stand On Dan Quinn As Head Coach?

• I've seen all I need to see, and I'm out. Fire him, now or at bye week to let the players know that this will not be tolerated.
    • Let's see how the year plays out. He deserves a chance to turn it around.
    • I still believe in him. He has proven he's a good coach in the past. Consistency and stability are what we need.

I'm out. Done. Out of patience. His teams are unprepared, undisciplined, unmotivated. His inept game-management, lack of awareness in regards to situational football, and his inadequate ability to make adjustments are reason enough to fire him as a head coach. Platitudes, memes, and slogans are not adequate replacements for the teaching of sound, disciplined football.

Furthermore, his lack of leadership, his cowardice, his disloyalty, and his readiness to scapegoat his entire former coaching staff shows his lack of character as a human being, and have brought to light some of the reasons the team is not responding, or has stopped responding, to him and his message.

Edited by Roanoke Falcon

Just now, ChickenBiscuit said:

Mike Smith didn't get fired mid-season, I think Quinn deserves the same respect. I for one am excited for the draft position.

Fair enough. I respectfully disagree, because of sacking his coaching staff in a vain attempt to sav his job: something I don't remember Mike Smith being guilty of. Smitty was limited in his coaching vision, but I don't recall him doing anything that was cowardly or disloyal.

But points of civil disagreement are what message boards are all about.

He's done, he was given plenty of time after 28-3 to fix the issues that caused that and we have only gotten worse.

TD needs to go as well as TD is not capable of building a good OL and DL. TD has had 11 years to do that and failed.

Fire him now, let's find out which players want to stay here that play hard.

1 hour ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Mike Smith didn't get fired mid-season, I think Quinn deserves the same respect. I for one am excited for the draft position.

He didn't get fired mid-season on paper, but the pink slip was already submitted. I don't know about the draft position thing, because we are pretty much cap set. Too many prior personnel mistakes. Dimitroff should be gone before the end of the season. Quinn afterwards unless we win it all.

2 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

He didn't get fired mid-season on paper, but the pink slip was already submitted. I don't know about the draft position thing, because we are pretty much cap set. Too many prior personnel mistakes. Dimitroff should be gone before the end of the season. Quinn afterwards unless we win it all.

The cap is gonna look a lot different after the season, man. The next coach will want to have some wiggle to work with. Coaches aren't the only ones getting cut after this year.

25 minutes ago, DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins said:

Quinn used to know how to have a team not sleepwalk. He used to know how to run a good defense.

That’s why this is so puzzling... what the h happened?

i say give him the year. Maybe it’ll get figured out, not in time to save the year, but in time to help the decision making process.

As I told folks 2 years ago when just about everyone in here was dissing smitty, for most coaching staffs the message gets stale around year 5. It happened with coughlin in NY, Ariens in zona, and will happen in philly, LA Rams, et al. 

Belichick and Payton are the anomaly, and DQ’s not in their league.

2 hours ago, cb5639 said:

I like Quinn. I don’t think he’s responsible for our D players being scared to tackle and or just suck at tackling. They’re in the NFL they should have learned that by now. If he’s responsible for that then I don’t like him. 

This is the problem. We have to learn to remove the emotions when we watch this team to see the truth. He's a cool guy to drink a beer or go bowling with, he's not a good HC.  Our players like him too but they don't look at him as a superior. They never have he's always came in trying be buddy buddy with everyone. Telling people call him Q and all the other B.S. You gotta be a man's man to lead men DQ isn't that guy. 

Firing Quinn mid-season doesn't offer much benefit. All I can think of would be the emotional satisfaction some would get from it. If the losses keep mounting that helps draft position. Plus, we'd have an opportunity to play guys who wouldn't normally get lots of snaps for evaluation. 

Either way, a loss today... ESPECIALLY a double digit loss (which I predicted) signs Quinn's pink slip.

3 hours ago, BlazerSlayer said:

8-8, 11-5, 10-6, 7-9, and currently 1-3. So I'm ok with giving him until the end of season before making a decision. Atlanta have looked poor so far this year, but lets judge at the end of it.

8-13 since we beat the Rams in the 2017 wildcard game and a shaky 1-3 in our last four. Grounds for a trip to the state line with Dimi. I'm ready when yall are. 

I am not a fan of firing coaches mid-season because there is no benefit to it unless you already have another coach on the staff who you are thinking of giving the full time job to. 

HOWEVER, I’d make an exception for DQ if we if put in another pathetic uncompetitive performance either this week or next.

4 minutes ago, Bunchy Carter said:

Firing Quinn mid-season doesn't offer much benefit. All I can think of would be the emotional satisfaction some would get from it. If the losses keep mounting that helps draft position. Plus, we'd have an opportunity to play guys who wouldn't normally get lots of snaps for evaluation. 

Either way, a loss today... ESPECIALLY a double digit loss (which I predicted) signs Quinn's pink slip.

Man, Quinn is setting up the next head coach so nicely in Atlanta, I love it.

What does he do with his last draft? Makes the long term investment with back-to-back OL picks. And now we could potentially have a top 10 pick next season.

We can go straight up defense in the next draft and replace all the casualties we're probably about to face from guys needing contracts.

Just now, ChickenBiscuit said:

Man, Quinn is setting up the next head coach so nicely in Atlanta, I love it.

What does he do with his last draft? Makes the long term investment with back-to-back OL picks. And now we could potentially have a top 10 pick next season.

We can go straight up defense in the next draft and replace all the casualties we're probably about to face from guys needing contracts.

Agreed. Lindstrom looked like the real deal. I'm not completely sold on Kaleb yet, but I've not been disappointed either. If they pan out, and we can get meaningful snaps from guys like Grace, Gage and find a REAL returner, we can be off to a great start for next year.

Hit the reset button NOW. They only got an outside shot at the playoffs as it is. See if somebody else at the helm can get a spark going, Quinn has had his shot. 28-3 will be his legacy here, ironically if he would have won that game he would get a pass but he didn't. He has had a lot of his head coaching duties curtailed to concentrate on defense, Id hate to see where it would be if he didn't concentrate on it.  Just for the helluva it bring in Mike Shanahan LOL