DirtyBird7000k

If Houston dominates, Does Blank Nuke it now or continue to wait???

62 posts in this topic

We are in DEFCON 3!!!  The Red lights and Warning Sirens are sounding all over the Fanbase! 

Houston is preparing to mop up this weak falcons squad and pick the bones dry but actually their isn’t much meat left on them after all??

How long does Blank wait to hit the button and Launch the Nukes??? 

You might as well add the possibility of us losing on the road in Arizona too.. We're staying out in the mid west for 2 weeks.. We could easily return home at 1-5.. It could get ugly before the end of this month.. I dont think anyone has us beating the Seahawks.. Or the Rams this month.. 1-7 will be a hard pill to swallow heading into November 

D.B.N. and DirtyBird7000k like this

After the Seahawks, say we're 1-7..we have 5 divisional games in a row.. Honestly we could be looking at 1-12 because its looking like the Bucs and Carolina are getting thier stuff together.. Imo, someone is getting fired if we're sitting at 1-12 the end of November 

DirtyBird7000k likes this

Then our last 3 games are against 49ers, Jags and Bucs.. 49ers game could be a toss up.. 1-13 or 2-12..if the Jags continue playing like they are and Minchews magic carries on we could be 1-14 or 3-13...like it or not, Winston is still going to be Winston but the Bucs have a legitimate coach now.. Its not a stretch to see how we can end this season at 1-15 and at best 4-14..this is the reality ive been looking at since our L to the Titans.. The Cards is the only game thats 50/50 at this time 

putnam6 and DirtyBird7000k like this

What's the rush? We lose Sunday and our odds of making the playoffs go from very low to very low. DQ is the head coach and DC. The interim coaching candidates are not attractive long term (Mularkey, Koetter, Morris?, I couldn't even tell you who the special teams coach is). It's honestly not even worth the trouble.

D.B.N. and Godzilla1985 like this

Doesn't really serve any purpose to "nuke it now" if they look like garbage tomorrow & end up losing again. It's not like that's somehow going to make the team start winning games. There's no exciting HC prospect on staff who is waiting in the wings.

Now that doesn't mean another loss doesn't matter. One more terrible showing could be enough for Blank to make up his mind about the future of this team, but I'd imagine he'd almost certainly let Quinn finish the season since it's already a dead season at that point anyhow... or at least let Quinn know he'll be fired at the end of the year unless he'd prefer to be relieved of his duties immediately.

Isn't that what Blank did with Dan Reeves? Gave him the option to stay on & finish the season? But if I remember correctly,  Reeves chose to be let go immediately & I believe Wade Phillips served as the interim HC for the remaining few games of that season.

DirtyBird7000k likes this

4 minutes ago, HEIST said:

What's the rush? We lose Sunday and our odds of making the playoffs go from very low to very low. DQ is the head coach and DC. The interim coaching candidates are not attractive long term (Mularkey, Koetter, Morris?, I couldn't even tell you who the special teams coach is). It's honestly not even worth the trouble.

I'm actually worried about Ryans health coming into these next 6-7 games.. Seahawks Dline is legit, Houston has JJ Watt, Rams Dline is nothing to sneeze about and the front 4 for the Saints are playing some brutal football right now.. We had a tough schedule even during the optimistic time of the preseason.. But after seeing how this team has performed.. Its almost punishment to put Ryan on the field the next few weeks.. Ryans basically a sitting target.. If Quinn honestly cared about Ryan he would personally wrap him in bubble wrap the rest of the season 

vitaman and PokerSteve like this

1 minute ago, McSpanker said:

I want quinn to stay as head coach so we can go 1-15. Any interim coach could pull out a game or two and lose draft position

Every team we play from here on out except the Cards can be playoff teams with legitimate chances in the post season.. Quinn cant screw up our draft position at this point 

Posted (edited)

If Blank waits till the end of the season to fire Quinn and hire a new coach and we do get a #1 or #2 pick how will that coach know what this team significantly needs at that pick to turn it around? We will not be drafting a QB with Ryan's contract still hanging around.

Edited by Hard2BaBirdWachr

8 minutes ago, Hard2BaBirdWachr said:

If Blank waits till the end of the season to fire Quinn and hire a new coach and we do get a #1 or #2 pick how will that coach know what this team significantly needs at that pick to turn it around? We will not be drafting a QB with Ryan's contract still hanging around.

If we finish the season at 2-14 and dont draft a qb with a high draft pick TD will be gone.. I do believe Blank had alot of loyalty to Ryan, but Blank isnt stupid either.. Im sure Arthur understands what this team needs to be successful going forward.. Or i hope he does

Just now, LouDog said:

Cant believe yall are already talking bout 1-12 lol 

2-11 is more realistic the next 9 games.. I honestly believe we can beat the Cards.. What games do you feel comfortable about us winning the next 2 months? Not being a smart as$, honestly asking 

putnam6 likes this

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

2-11 is more realistic the next 9 games.. I honestly believe we can beat the Cards.. What games do you feel comfortable about us winning the next 2 months? Not being a smart as$, honestly asking 

Honestly I can answer that better in a couple more weeks. im not ready to give up on them yet. We have the talent. Just need it to click for us.

Edited by LouDog
⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

21 minutes ago, LouDog said:

Cant believe yall are already talking bout 1-12 lol 

I agree. I've already predicted we're going to lose tomorrow and in Arizona, but I'm not ready to go 1-12 yet. There's just too much football to play.

20 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

The way our defense been playing that 49ers game (which I bought tickets to go to since I live in California) scares me. I think Shanahan is gonna pick us apart in embarrassing fashion.

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

1 hour ago, k-train said:

Doesn't really serve any purpose to "nuke it now" if they look like garbage tomorrow & end up losing again. It's not like that's somehow going to make the team start winning games. There's no exciting HC prospect on staff who is waiting in the wings.

Now that doesn't mean another loss doesn't matter. One more terrible showing could be enough for Blank to make up his mind about the future of this team, but I'd imagine he'd almost certainly let Quinn finish the season since it's already a dead season at that point anyhow... or at least let Quinn know he'll be fired at the end of the year unless he'd prefer to be relieved of his duties immediately.

Isn't that what Blank did with Dan Reeves? Gave him the option to stay on & finish the season? But if I remember correctly,  Reeves chose to be let go immediately & I believe Wade Phillips served as the interim HC for the remaining few games of that season.

What i wouldnt give to have Wade Phillips as our DC

16 minutes ago, Hard2BaBirdWachr said:

The way our defense been playing that 49ers game (which I bought tickets to go to since I live in California) scares me. I think Shanahan is gonna pick us apart in embarrassing fashion.

The 49ers defense is the real deal. If we dont have our offense together for that game it may be ugly. Some of our players seem more interested in swapping jerseys after the games any way.. Probably just be a big family reunion for the Falcons players.. 

2 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

You might as well add the possibility of us losing on the road in Arizona too.. We're staying out in the mid west for 2 weeks.. We could easily return home at 1-5.. It could get ugly before the end of this month.. I dont think anyone has us beating the Seahawks.. Or the Rams this month.. 1-7 will be a hard pill to swallow heading into November 

What’re the Falcons doing in the Midwest? They better hurry their ***** up and get to Southwest, cuz Texas and Arizona are in the Southwest! Lol

⚡Slumerican⚡ and vitaman like this

Just now, Atlantafan21 said:

What’re the Falcons doing in the Midwest? They better hurry their ***** up and get to Southwest, cuz Texas and Arizona are in the Southwest! Lol

Yeah, mid country but in the south lol.. Probably should have said mid south :lol:

Atlantafan21 likes this

1 hour ago, McSpanker said:

I want quinn to stay as head coach so we can go 1-15. Any interim coach could pull out a game or two and lose draft position

They already traded a draft pick to the eagles for a scrub! Dumb**^**

PokerSteve likes this

53 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

The 49ers defense is the real deal. If we dont have our offense together for that game it may be ugly. Some of our players seem more interested in swapping jerseys after the games any way.. Probably just be a big family reunion for the Falcons players.. 

If they get spanked by 49ers/Shanahan that will be yet another post 28-3 insult... 

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this