Spts1

Michigan State vs Ohio State

37 posts in this topic

Michigan State brings the nations 7th ranked team defense into the horseshoe to face the Buckeyes.  

Posted (edited)

Ohio State is better than Notre Dame. They are LOADED with talent...

Edited by slickgadawg

Michigan State’s defense may keep this one interesting for a while. 

But their offense still probably needs at least 30 to win and I don’t see that happening

Spts1 and Ovie_Lover like this

Michigan State lost at home to Arizona State and their other games have been against Western Technical College. Ohio State hasn’t played anyone either but they’re a far better and more talented team. MSU’s defense isn’t all that good either, they’ve played garbage teams.

It won’t be close.

Ovie_Lover likes this

Posted (edited)

Georgia has the 9th ranked strength of schedule.  Ohio State has the 12th ranked strength of schedule.  Thats pretty close.  Cincinnati has a higher strength of schedule than Ohio State but Ohio State destroyed them.   Ohio State is a better team than given credit for.  This college football playoff should be better than last season...

Edited by slickgadawg

6 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

Ohio State is better than Notre Dame. They are LOADED with talent...

Help me out.  Why do you keep injecting UGA and their opponents into this thread?

Ovie_Lover likes this

the difference in this game will be michigan state's offense which won't be able to sustain enough drives to give their defense a rest.  

Michigan State is really giving Ohio State a hard game?

I've watched Michigan State... they are not very good. 

My concern about Fields specifically was whether or not he would be ready for the spotlight against the few pressure packed games Ohio State will play. I was thinking more like Wisconsin, Penn State, Michigan.

Michigan State is not a very good team. They have a decent defense some years and pretty much try to play bully ball offensively, which isn't going to go well against Ohio State unless OSU makes a lot of mistakes.

Still expect OSU to blow it out eventually.

yep missed a wide open player for a td for michigan state.. you won't beat a team with ohio state talent missing those throws. 

10 minutes ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

Help me out.  Why do you keep injecting UGA and their opponents into this thread?

Do you really need help with that?

Just now, Porter Osborne Jr said:

Hoping someone else deleted their comments really.

Dude types with a wooden spoon

12 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

the difference in this game will be michigan state's offense which won't be able to sustain enough drives to give their defense a rest.  

Its happened. Their defense is tired now.  Michigan is putting together a little drive here now...

Posted (edited)

23 minutes ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

the college football playoffs has room for FOUR teams.  countem, FOUR TEAMS.  Alabama and Clemson are almost shoe ins because of their schedules.  That leaves  FOUR teams,  Georgia, Ohio State, LSU and Oklahoma fighting over two spots.  The voters are gonna look at strength of schedule. THATS why I mentioned it in this thread...

Edited by slickgadawg

20 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

the college football playoffs has room for FOUR teams.  countem, FOUR TEAMS.  Alabama and Clemson are almost shoe ins because of their schedules.  That leaves  FOUR teams,  Georgia, Ohio State, LSU and Oklahoma fighting over two spots.  The voters are gonna look at strength of schedule. THATS why I mentioned it in this thread...

And yet I never saw you mention Bama, Clemson, OU or ANY OTHER team.

m2Falcons likes this

Just now, Ovie_Lover said:

Because it's for quarterbacks not running backs.

Good one. But he's thrown for 18 touchdowns and one pick. Also has a 187.5 quarterback rating, which is 5th for all D-1 QBs and a 94.1 QBR, which is third.