Falconsfan567

#7 Auburn vs. #10 Florida

148 posts in this topic

Bo Nix has been absolutely putrid today. Still not convinced Auburn is going to have a miraculous comeback here to win it. 

I have no idea why Gus didn't run Whitlow more. Dude was on fire in the 2nd half

BamaBirdLady likes this

Just now, Carter said:

Well on the one hand Florida will now really be feeling themselves again before we blow them out again. So that's nice.

All the junk Mullin been talking all offseason.  Kirby will have them ready for the party.  That is the game I see Kirby running up the score.  

Carter likes this

Gary is going to be harping on that decision not to punt for the rest of the day.

I thought it was the right call. Time is not your friend here. 

frankly88 likes this

Just now, tl;dr said:

Bo Nix has been absolutely putrid today. Still not convinced Auburn is going to have a miraculous comeback here to win it. 

I have no idea why Gus didn't run Whitlow more. Dude was on fire in the 2nd half

I am going to try to quote @Falconsfan567 That is what Gus does best, go against what is working and get cute.  

Falconsfan567 likes this

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

Well on the one hand Florida will now really be feeling themselves again before we blow them out again. So that's nice.

Well.. they play LSU next week.. lets see what that D is actually made of.. Grantham.. 

Just now, usmcdirtybird said:

I am going to try to quote @Falconsfan567 That is what Gus does best, go against what is working and get cute.  

They were down 17-13 and Whitlow was just gashing the defense. Then Gus decided at times to start throwing. After the long throw to Williams, I'm riding Whitlow. After we got to the 35 yard line, I'm running the ball.

Whitlow is arguably the best player on the Auburn offense. Why take it out of his hands?

95Dawg likes this

Just now, tl;dr said:

They were down 17-13 and Whitlow was just gashing the defense. Then Gus decided at times to start throwing. After the long throw to Williams, I'm riding Whitlow. After we got to the 35 yard line, I'm running the ball.

Whitlow is arguably the best player on the Auburn offense. Why take it out of his hands?

Gus being Gus

6 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch. Auburn has gotten better every game but this is still Gus Malzahn and his team is known to lay a couple eggs because he comes out with the stupidest offensive game plans ever and refuses to adapt when they don't work during the game and it leads to a loss.

Told you.

2 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Well.. they play LSU next week.. lets see what that D is actually made of.. Grantham.. 

Gah I forgot about that. LSU will probably beat them. 

The thing about this game today is I don't take much from it with regards to the Dawgs playing them. Auburn is a different team at home and the last time we played them in Auburn we got thoroughly embarrassed.

Ovie_Lover and g-dawg like this

4 minutes ago, Carter said:

Gah I forgot about that. LSU will probably beat them. 

The thing about this game today is I don't take much from it with regards to the Dawgs playing them. Auburn is a different team at home and the last time we played them in Auburn we got thoroughly embarrassed.

Let Nix play like he did today.. lol

Auburn had a long streak over Tennessee last season that ended. Auburn had a streak over Florida that just ended now.

Anyways, Georgia is going to have their hands full in Jacksonville this year. Beat Florida this year. Georgia wins the decade 6-4, but if we lose to Florida, it'll be the first time in the series we tie a decade at 5-5. 

A lot of people make comparisons between Mark Richt's first 3 years and Kirby's 3 years. Both had 8 wins in year 1. 13 wins in year 2. 11 wins in year 3. In year 4 for Mark Richt, Georgia were heavy national title contenders before suffering a shocking loss to Tennessee and lost the east. So in year 4 for Kirby Smart, we better be careful against a dangerous Florida team this year who is much better with their new QB compared to Feleipe Franks. It's hard to win an SEC division 3 years in a row. Only Florida between 1993-1996 and Alabama between 2014-2016 have won their divisions 3+ years straight. No other time it's happened. 

4 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

Auburn had a long streak over Tennessee last season that ended. Auburn had a streak over Florida that just ended now.

Anyways, Georgia is going to have their hands full in Jacksonville this year. Beat Florida this year. Georgia wins the decade 6-4, but if we lose to Florida, it'll be the first time in the series we tie a decade at 5-5. 

A lot of people make comparisons between Mark Richt's first 3 years and Kirby's 3 years. Both had 8 wins in year 1. 13 wins in year 2. 11 wins in year 3. In year 4 for Mark Richt, Georgia were heavy national title contenders before suffering a shocking loss to Tennessee and lost the east. So in year 4 for Kirby Smart, we better be careful against a dangerous Florida team this year who is much better with their new QB compared to Feleipe Franks. It's hard to win an SEC division 3 years in a row. Only Florida between 1993-1996 and Alabama between 2014-2016 have won their divisions 3+ years straight. No other time it's happened. 

I thought you were about to say history could repeat itself with Georgia losing to Tennessee. I was going to have to check your head. 

We’re more likely to struggle against Auburn than we are to lose against Florida. Auburn this year is that SEC West road game we have blown every year under Kirby. Florida is not any better than they were a year ago when we beat them by 19 and Kirby not only hates UF but has loads of material to rub their faces in.

Trask is better than Franks but he doesn’t scare me at all.

56 minutes ago, Carter said:

We’re more likely to struggle against Auburn than we are to lose against Florida. Auburn this year is that SEC West road game we have blown every year under Kirby. Florida is not any better than they were a year ago when we beat them by 19 and Kirby not only hates UF but has loads of material to rub their faces in.

Trask is better than Franks but he doesn’t scare me at all.

I'm not so sure it's an SEC West road game problem with the losses we've had under Kirby. The first year with Fromm at Auburn seemed more like a case of a true freshman running into a buzzsaw of a defense with a great gameplan that day, and Chaney left holding his Johnson without an answer for their gameplan, similar to Gus' gameplan on offense. We saw in the SECC game that UGA was the better team after we had time to come up with answers to their gameplan. 

And then last year at LSU, from all reports that's when the fractured locker room issues came to a head we were a team divided, with multiple young guys not buying in. That loss, followed by the subsequent FLA beatdown helped Kirby and Fromm take control of the locker room going forward last year. 

I think it's just coincidental that those two games happened to be vs SEC West programs, not that we have an inherent issue with dropping a road SEC West game on a regular basis for some particular reason. 

I guess this year's Barn game will let us know. 

g-dawg likes this