Falcons Fan MVP

Do you think there is any chance Devonta Freeman will play like his old self again?

228 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, caponine said:

Coleman is my favorite player but that's besides the point. When Freeman doesnt produce , you could always count on Coleman to step up. Jets Game, Tampa, Dallas, Eagles, Denver, Ramd etc. This offense misses him, you can tell. The running game and rbs just aren't the same. 

Coleman had the entire 2018 season to show his worth -he was underwhelming. He has good straight away speed but that's about it poor vision-ok in pass pro...… Good change of pace back but definitely not the main guy 

cwell1, Drew4719, putnam6 and 3 others like this

4 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

He will never be the same Free as he was his first couple seasons. Injuries lead to his lack of speed and quickness. It's not something you gain back as a back gets older with more wear and tear, that is just a football gods thing, it's nature, the natural order of things. 

So the answer is no, and the Falcons just don't realize it or are to complacent to believe it. Take it from WFW Falcons, move onto the RBs we have on the roster and find the gem. If not we need to draft one. 

Yup, freeman really looks slow from all the wear and tear....

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/video/highlight-devonta-freeman-nearly-takes-it-to-house-on-28-yard-middle-screen

WhenFalconsWin likes this

3 hours ago, caponine said:

I still think losing Coleman has hurt this offense tbh , whatever way people want to spin it. He produced everytime he was on the field. When Freeman didn't have good games. Coleman took over. Now the offense looks anemic. Dont think that's a coincidence. 

Yeah, Coleman’s 56 yards of total offense this year is exactly what this offense is missing. 

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

He looks slow on most plays, quick once in a while when he gives maximum effort. The consistency just isn't there. I am a big Free supporter, but we cannot not wait for the once in a while, imho.

Vandy likes this

11 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

He looks slow on most plays, quick once in a while when he gives maximum effort. The consistency just isn't there. I am a big Free supporter, but we cannot not wait for the once in a while, imho.

Tell that to his offensive line. Any RB is gonna look inconsistent when the OL is getting their azzes handed to them up front. See Zeke Elliott last week (18 carries/35 yards).

He’s looked tentative at times (Minny game shaking off the rust) , but in the plays like the one I just showed you where there was daylight, he’s looked like the same freeman to me.

28 minutes ago, Diggable Birds said:

Coleman had the entire 2018 season to show his worth -he was underwhelming. He has good straight away speed but that's about it poor vision-ok in pass pro...… Good change of pace back but definitely not the main guy 

And you completely missed my point lol it ain't about him starting but go off.

5 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Tell that to his offensive line. Any RB is gonna look inconsistent when the OL is getting their azzes handed to them up front. 

He’s looked tentative at times (Minny game shaking off the rust) , but in the plays like the one I just showed you where there was daylight, he’s looked like the same freeman to me.

I agree with you on that play, but I've seen holes where he is too hesitant, studder stepping, or just (imho) to slow to make the plays the old Free would've made. You say its rust, I say he's lost something or just doesn't have the consistent burst he once had. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. 

11 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Yeah, Coleman’s 56 yards of total offense this year is exactly what this offense is missing. 

Lol dont be stupid lol you know good and well Coleman was a cheat code for this offseason. You've hyped up Freeman so much lol , I said it before the season started that not having Coleman would hurt. 2018 Free ans Ito are not Freeman and Coleman 

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I agree with you on that play, but I've seen holes where he is too hesitant, studder stepping, or just (imho) to slow to make the plays the old Free would've made. You say its rust, I say he's lost something or just doesn't have the consistent burst he once had. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. 

He shows one play where no one was even close to him lol I'm just saying. There's a reason he got chased down. 

Edited by caponine

4 minutes ago, caponine said:

Lol dont be stupid lol you know good and well Coleman was a cheat code for this offseason. You've hyped up Freeman so much lol , I said it before the season started that not having Coleman would hurt. 2018 Free ans Ito are not Freeman and Coleman 

BS, we All know who was hyping who all offseason. And you look even sillier talking about how falcons offense is missing Coleman even after his start to season. 

You’re so predictable in these threads....

1 hour ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Should have been a red flag when his agent began demanding a contract so fast.. If TD was really smart he would have known something was up

The contract spat during the SB bye week should have been enough to cut him combined with the whiff block that helped lose the SB.

15 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

We do disagree. Do you think our OL blocking is giving him holes to run through? I don’t see how anyone can say with a straight face they aren’t a big problem in running game. Bottom tier in league. 

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol/2019

13 minutes ago, caponine said:

He shows one play where no one was even close to him lol I'm just saying. There's a reason he got chased down. 

OL gives him just a crease, he’ll turn it into a positive run. Something Coleman couldn’t do last year. 

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/video/highlight-freeman-slips-through-crease-in-colts-d-for-quick-24-yard-run

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

BS, we All know who was hyping who all offseason. And you look even sillier talking about how falcons offense is missing Coleman even after his start to season. 

You’re so predictable in these threads....

Soo you weren't hyping up Freeman all offseason ?? and you still hyping him lol 

38 minutes ago, caponine said:

He looked slow on that run , you gotta admit that. That burst wasn't there. Old freeman would have taken that for a much bigger gain 

LOL. I’ll admit you’re full of crapola.

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

LOL. You’re full of crapola.

Cuz u know I'm right. Almost Everybody on this board sees it but you 

32 minutes ago, caponine said:

Cuz u know I'm right. Almost Everybody on this board sees it but you 

Tell me one respected high football I.Q. poster in here who sees it? 

Fatboi? Vel? PMF? Give me one. I’ll be here waiting. 

(Maybe KOG, but he don’t really count, as he’s never been a freeman guy). :ninja:

Frankly, Nobody knows yet for sure, because the OL blocking has been so horrid. Even your full of bias self should be able to see that has been the bigger problem with this entire  offense. 

He has shown glimpses of his old self when given limited opportunities. To say he’s lost it is premature nonsense.

Just now, Vandy said:

Tell me one respected high football I.Q. poster in here who sees it? Give me one. 

Frankly, We don’t know yet for sure, because the OL blocking has been so horrid. Even your full of bias self should be able to see that is the bigger problem with our offense. 

He has shown glimpses of his old self when given limited opportunities. 

ya know, you called me out for doing the exact same thing youre doing now with Freeman?? 

Do you want me to @ them or list them ?? 

3 minutes ago, caponine said:

ya know, you called me out for doing the exact same thing youre doing now with Freeman?? 

Do you want me to @ them or list them ?? 

LOL....What is it I said you don’t understand?

You do you man. Like I said, we all know what that looks like. 

LOL....What is it I said you don’t understand?

You do you man. Like I said, we all know what that looks like. 

do you want me to list them or not ?? lol dont try and back track now 

You literally called me out last season when i was saying this OL was not opening up holes for Coleman and that he was not the only reason the running game was bad. This season freeman aint doing anything and its the offensive line 

22 minutes ago, Vandy said:

We do disagree. Do you think our OL blocking is giving him holes to run through? I don’t see how anyone can say with a straight face they aren’t a big problem in running game. Bottom tier in league. 

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol/2019

OL gives him just a crease, he’ll turn it into a positive run. Something Coleman couldn’t do last year. 

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/video/highlight-freeman-slips-through-crease-in-colts-d-for-quick-24-yard-run

Yes, not all the times, but there have been holes he isn't making it to quick enough, or hole he cuts the wrong way to either inside or outside.  I'm not trying to diss on Free or Coleman, I'm just telling you what I've seen (to my minds eye) and what I believe to be the case.

I wanted Free to be our featured back like before, but I just don't see it. Personally, I'd like to Ito get more touches, also bring in Hill and Ollison. 

Vandy likes this

13 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Yes, not all the times, but there have been holes he isn't making it to quick enough, or hole he cuts the wrong way to either inside or outside.  I'm not trying to diss on Free or Coleman, I'm just telling you what I've seen (to my minds eye) and what I believe to be the case.

I wanted Free to be our featured back like before, but I just don't see it. Personally, I'd like to Ito get more touches, also bring in Hill and Ollison. 

Does your minds eye see the run blocking? Our OL has been horrid. Plus team gets so far behind early they can’t establish any kind of running game. You’re a smart poster, you know that impacts a RB’s rhythm. 

Freeman was tentative in Vikings game. Kinda understandable coming off injury rust. Since then, like I showed you in the two clips, we’ve seen him hit what little running room there’s been with the same authority and quickness like he always did. 

Ito is freeman-lite, and he’s always banged up. I’d like to see Ollison paired with freeman for a game or two for a Change-of-pace running attack.

It’s time to move on and say goodbye. Which im pretty sure they will. Regardless of what Freeman does this year. They learned their lesson. He has lost not one but two steps. He is done.

ya_boi_j likes this